Customer Discussions > Music forum

Any upcoming re-issue stuff??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 75 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 23, 2012 1:23:52 PM PDT
DKPete,
You probably know this already, but The Second Disc is a really good website for finding out about reissues, etc. Also Musictap, but they cover all releases, not just reissues.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 2:08:49 PM PDT
J. Hand says:
DK- I know I dropped the name before, but check out ccmusic.com (collectors choice music). They are among the best I have found for referencing what's out. I price shop other places against them, but reissues, re-releases, back in print stuff is their specialty so I use them alot. Most of their stuff is also available in LP format. Lotsa video goodies, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 3:49:48 PM PDT
DKPete says:
If Townshend did a remix of Who's Next (although it sounds quite good as is) as he did with the SACD version of Tommy, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. I did buy the deluxe version of the remastered release and, to be honest, I was dissapointed. On the other hand, the bonus/deluxe treatment of Sell Out is superb. At least Townshend is pretty generous in the outtakes department unlike LZ.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 3:51:58 PM PDT
DKPete says:
Eddie, my stepson saw Squeeze a few nights ago with the B 52's (big whoop on the latter). He was nice enough to video-record the entire Squeeze performance on his phone for me. They, in a word, sounded outstanding. And, again, Tillbrook is one of Rock's most overlooked guitarists.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 3:54:04 PM PDT
DKPete says:
Mark and J...thankyou both...I'm writing the names of these sites down..no, I did not know about The Second Disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 5:39:50 PM PDT
DKPete says:
I saw The Records in 1979 when they opened up for Joe Jackson-Calderone Theater, Hempstead, Long Island (NY). I had never heard of them before..while Joe Jackson left me relatively numb (and deaf), I left that night knowing I'd be searching out The Record's debut album. Upon getting it, I played the damn thing to death over and over from start to finish. Really too bad they didn't advance much further from that point.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 6:07:49 PM PDT
Jersey Joker says:
LOVE that idea, vivazappa!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 6:08:33 PM PDT
Jersey Joker says:
Thx Eddie, I'll have to check those out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 6:09:25 PM PDT
Jersey Joker says:
Michael,

Yeah, 'cept for the marbles and coasters, and crap ...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 6:11:19 PM PDT
Jersey Joker says:
Oooh ... if the single version was on the Archive box, then I was mistaken, Michael.

Definitely agree about the Stones catalog.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 6:12:51 PM PDT
Jersey Joker says:
I LOVE Argy Bargy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 6:13:45 PM PDT
Jersey Joker says:
I agree Pete -- the debut was excellent!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 6:47:34 PM PDT
DKPete says:
The very first time I caught a glimpse of Squeeze was-ready for this??-on the Uncle Floyd Show!!! They did a lip-synch of Another Nail In My Heart..the song blew me away right there and then; a couple of days later I bought Argybargy and played the hell out of it-much like The Records debut.

That was really a fun, cool time for music, the late seventies. Anyone who loved the sixties U.K. stuff ranging from Beatles to Kinks and in between really had a lot of great stuff to choose from. It seemed like every other week there was another great band re-imagining, re-furbishing sounds from 15 years ago.

By the way, speaking of debuts..another great one which its' band never managed to equal: The Pretenders!! Another "played-to-death" album of that time.

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 6:26:36 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
I saw Squeeze a few years back...excellent show!

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 10:17:08 AM PDT
I am excited about the reissue of ELP's first album and Tarkus being released in Deluxe Editions with DVD including 5.1 surround mix by Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree. If you're not into surround sound, this may not be of interest to you. ( both are coming out in August, 2012 ) Wilson did the surround remixing for Aqualung and some early King Crimson releases as well as his own material.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 10:55:11 AM PDT
Jersey Joker says:
Eddie,

Got the chance to check out The Sinceros -- VERY good stuff! "Take Me To Your Leader" is a great track, although the best part of the song is the fade-out ending (that could go on for a few minutes, I love it!)

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 9:39:48 PM PDT
A. Strong says:
The two disc set of Jethro Tull's: Thick As A Brick.
This one might be very interesting...

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 10:15:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2012 10:17:29 PM PDT
http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=3916

Lark's Tongue in Aspic - King Crimson

1. CD/DVD-A: CD: New stereo mix + selected audio extras - all new content.
DVD-A featuring 5.1 new surround mix, original & new stereo mixes in hi-res stereo, a full album of alt mixes by Steven Wilson & more than 30 minutes of unseen footage of the band live in the studio.

2. Limited edition Boxed Set:13CDs, 1DVD-A, 1Blu-Ray in 12" box with booklet & memorabilia. DVD-A content as above, Blu-Ray content as per DVD-A with further hi-res stereo material - all presented in DTS Master audio, 4CDs of studio content including CD of session reels featuring the first recorded takes of all pieces on the album, 1CD live in the studio, 8CDs of live audio restored bootlegs & soundboard recordings + 36 page booklet with an extensive new interview with Robert Fripp, notes by King Crimson biographer Sid Smith, album sleeve print, concert ticket replica (with code for further concert download) & band photo postcards - limited to initial orders, one pressing only to a worldwide maximum limit of 7,000 units.

3. 2CD: Complete original & new mixes with selected audio extras.
Whilst the clip of the quintet performing LTIA pt1 during the Bremen Beat Club recording has been available on the internet for several years in varying degrees of quality, there has been some fevered speculation as to whether the full concert would ever see the light of day.

Though it's been a long time coming, the full video of David Cross, Robert Fripp, John Wetton, Bill Bruford and Jamie Muir will now be seen in full. We hope all Crimheads agree that the waiting to get this in the best possible quality will have been worth while.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 10:37:47 PM PDT
J. Hand says:
Thanks for posting that, RWB! I've been a KC fan since I first heard Court of the Crimson King played in its entirety on an 'underground' FM station broadcasting out of Conneticut back in 1970. It also was the first time I ever consumed a certain 3 letter mind expanding substance. Starless and Bible Black and Red are still among my favorite KC records although I can't really pick one I think is weak.

I wonder if this is going to be the start of a Pink Floyd style 'immersion' catalog re-release?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 7:22:32 AM PDT
This would actually by the #8 in the 40th Anniversary series of reissues, most are 2 disc sets with only LTIA and ITCOTCK available in a massive box set. Each one, thus far, includes remixes in stereo and 5.1 by Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree. So far:
In The Court of the Crimson King
In the Wake Of Poseidon
Islands
Starless and Bible Black
Lizard
Red
Discipline
and now
Larks Tongue in Aspic

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 7:30:23 AM PDT
I can think of a few albums that need to be reissued. But one I kept on hearing that Wings Over America is going to be given the reissue/remaster treatment but nothing has come of it as yet.

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 11:07:12 AM PDT
J. Hand says:
@ RWB- Geez- I just found out last night I have an old bank account with about $400 in it. Looks like I've found something to spend it on. I did score some reissues but they weren't the ones you mention. These are the paper sleeve Dutch imports. I have Lizard and In the Wake of Poseidon. It seems when I was upgrading my catalog and plugging in missing CDs these were the only way to get these at the time.

I also have the first KC box set in the archives, the one in the LP record sized box. Back years ago I had made friends with the good people who worked in a local record store -the only REAL record store here- and they were great about putting things up for me that they knew I had an interest in. Man, I miss those days, that store, the people, the atmosphere, and that kind of service.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 11:13:39 AM PDT
I have that box set, too and "The Great Deceiver" box set.
Where are you located ? We still have a small record store here, it doesn't quite stock
as much as the last incarnation but, it's still good to have one.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 12:20:22 PM PDT
J. Hand says:
Columbus, Indiana. It's a small city but for something with a population this size, there isn't much here for having a variety of stores other than clothing stores and the typical big box stores.

I also do military scale modeling and our only hobby store is a Hobby Lobby which would be a joke if it wasn't so sad. Nobody sells 'real' audio gear here either. We have one bookstore that, while I appreciate they are there, they sell everything at full retail so I seldom shop there because I can't afford it. I get that it's hard to compete against the Internet, but when you are the only game in town, you can cut a little slack now and again.

Thank goodness for the Internet!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 3:23:55 PM PDT
DKPete says:
A. Strong...I plan on getting both the CD and double vinyl set of this one...I've been waiting for a long time for this remix of the original album (Aqualung, also by Steven Wilson, is superbly done).
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  75
Initial post:  Jul 21, 2012
Latest post:  May 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions