Customer Discussions > Music forum

Rock Music is the Devils Music !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 526-550 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:28:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 9:29:20 PM PDT
stevign says:
re: "What is it in particular about rock & roll that's "evil?" Is it the sound? The beat? The lyrical content? All of the above?"

My guess is the lyrical sexual innuendos that permeated the songs. That coupled with a driving beat and you had parents digging out ye olde chastity belt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbKlvWvpD2g

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 9:59:27 PM PDT
It started, more or less, here: 1921. EEEEvil jazz/jass/blues....

http://faculty.pittstate.edu/~knichols/syncopate.html

The loss of womanly virtue due to the influence of alto saxophones, Guy Lombardo, and auto-mobiles' rumble seat wrestling.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 10:43:47 PM PDT
stevign says:
Gotta get me a sax.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:56:47 PM PST
Yeah Stevign, I was being sarcastic ;).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:57:52 PM PST
stevign says:
Good to know.;~)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:40:01 AM PST
Dear Son of Flintstone:

"Jazz disorganizes all regular laws and order; it stimulates to extreme deeds, to a breaking away from all rules and conventions; it is harmful and dangerous, and its influence is wholly bad."

Yeah, baby! Gotta get me some jazz!

The General Federation of Women's Clubs need to loosen their corsets...

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:48:31 AM PST
6-6-6 !! the Number of the Beast!
Hell and fire was spawned to be released !!

LOL!! this thread is funny! thanx for the good laughs! :)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:59:50 AM PST
gusula says:
That's what gets me about the "rock music is the devil's music" charge -- it seems that pretty much every musical genre has been charged with being "satanic" at one point or another. Jazz is evil. The blues are evil. Rock is evil. Punk is evil. Grunge? Definitely evil. So where's the common thread here?

I cut my musical teeth as a teenager on what was simply called "heavy metal" at the time -- Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc. -- and I remember more than a few people trying to convince me to put down the headphones because Satan was all up into what I was listening to. And I remember realizing that so many of the metal bands of the day had figured that if they were going to be charged with purveying evil, they might as well embrace the label. It was fun, really -- all those self-righteous windbags trying to convince me that KISS really stood for "knights in Satan's service," and feeling a bit smug about the fact that they really didn't get the joke, and they never really would. The truly frightening thing is that with so many bands even today doing the satanic schtick as a publicity ploy (think Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie -- hey, the guitarist for the band Ancient even called himself Jesus Christ at one point), there a groups that are walking the walk too -- Norweigan black metal bands torching Christian churches, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:23:39 PM PST
stevign says:
Don't forget to tip your waitress.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:48:55 PM PST
Will do! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:22:33 PM PST
Well, that would be arson, not music...

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:08:36 PM PST
What fascinates me about those who sell the theme, "Rock Music is the Devil's Music," is that they seem to have an agenda: throw away those "evil" tunes, now buy "our" stuff. The "our" stuff is "good music," which has a distinctly dull and pedestrian easy listening flavor. In the late '70s, it was tied to destroy your Kiss and Beatles albums, buy Christian pop music: a retail marketing strategy--sell more vanilla, but first convert you.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:13:25 PM PST
The Devil still makes the best music you are gonna find.
Mozart, would have played music with Blackmore & Dio and he would had a great time doing so.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:03:50 PM PST
A. Strong says:
Dio and Blackmore don't need Mozart as they could use Tony Carey!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:56:21 PM PST
stevign says:
Anything to get Tony Cary out of doing horrible Pop music would be good, he was great with Planet P.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:14:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 12:15:22 AM PST
Hinch says:
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this or noticed, but E.P. Haufe created this thread. If you look at the initial post, the name is now RVACountryLover.

E.P.? Elvis Presley?

Spell Haufe backwards and the first 2 letter are? EF

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:36:26 AM PST
Say it fast three times into a mirror and it will go away forever....

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:28:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 1:31:19 AM PST
<<<Say it fast three times into a mirror and it will go away forever.... >>>
no, that is a trap.
It conjures Meade up and brings him to where you are and there will be no escape.
Meade is destined to walk the earth as undead until he tortures enough people to appease his master, Mephistopheles.

The torment that every person who hears his music goes through gets him closer to the eternal rest he so desires.

Haven't you played any of the 'resident evil' or 'silent hill' games?
they are very reminiscent of a meade skelton coffee shop performance.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 7:26:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 7:30:15 AM PST
I'm not REALLY sure he's that kind of book-smart clever. I think the E.P. to Elvis Presley makes sense, but the EFuah, not so much. The anti-Beatles is right-wing church based, that throwback from the mid-'60s when Bob Larson took David Noebel's "Rock Music is the Communist Music" BS and one-upped to "devil" for "communist." The Beatles and the Brit Invasion rock 'n' roll band imports were the European equivalent of white trash, but over here Euro working low-class didn't show up on the cultural radar as "South." Elvis had the "it" factor, well, mostly, until the early '70s. Beatles and later rock acts didn't get typecast as C&W for the pop charts crossing over (briefly) to the middle-taste for a few hit singles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 8:10:09 AM PST
stevign says:
I thought The Beatles invaded Russia and won.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 9:50:31 PM PST
Can I get that with extra cheese?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 5:26:48 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 25, 2013 7:18:08 AM PDT]

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:39:25 AM PST
Chet Fakir says:
Love is a burning thing
And it makes a fiery ring
Bound by wild desire
I fell into a ring of fire

I fell into a burning ring of fire
I went down, down, down and the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire
The ring of fire

I guess June Carter was at heart a satanist;-)

I'd say modern country music is satanic because it's so god-awful.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:33:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 10:33:57 AM PST
<<<I guess June Carter was at heart a satanist;-)>>
finally someone else who understands what is REALLY going on in the world.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 2:31:15 PM PST
Sodenfir says:
I remember the 80s when rock was supposed to be at its most satanic. I remember all the supposed secret messages and backmasking on vinyl LPs, though I never actually heard any of it myself. Iron Maiden and others were supposedly worshiping Satan. What I wouldn't give to go back to those days, when that was our biggest worry, as opposed to now, with literally everything going down the toilet.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  187
Total posts:  1071
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2011
Latest post:  May 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions