Posted on Jan 21, 2012 7:09:29 PM PST
Satan's downloads from I-Tunes are
"Devil or Angel" by Bobby Vee
"You're the Devil in Disguise" by Elvis
"the Devil went down to Georgia"
and "She's Got the Devil in Her Heart" by the Beatles

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012 7:34:13 PM PST
B. Stockwell says:
. . . and "Angel Baby" by Rosie & The Originals - just because The Lord of All Lies likes to mix things up every once in a while. I'm pretty sure he uses an iPod shuffle - they mentioned that in "The Da Vinci Code," I think.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 9:45:40 AM PST
tokolosi says:
Don't fergit Devil With The Blue Dress

sounds like ol' Mr D is a bit trans....

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 10:00:48 AM PST
Briana says:
Rock is dead! Satan's work is alive!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 12:52:57 PM PST
B. Stockwell says:
Now, that's just plain silly. Everyone knows "Devil with the Blue Dress" is about Satan's wife, Ms. Bobbie Jo Beelzebub. She was pretty sexy in her day - a former Miss Tennessee!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 12:54:39 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 22, 2012 12:56:33 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 12:56:44 PM PST
B. Stockwell says:
Satan has NOT abandoned Rock music. He's just really busy with talk radio.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 1:08:31 PM PST
bbbb

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 1:15:00 PM PST
<<
Satan has NOT abandoned Rock music. He's just really busy with talk radio. >>
there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk"
---tom waits-'heart attack and vine"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 3:26:29 PM PST
B. Stockwell says:
When the words of Tom Waits are invoked, the matter ends. No further discussion is needed. When someone plays "the Tom Waits card," all bets are off.

Thus endeth the sermon.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 4:04:38 PM PST
J. Hand says:
Nice one B Stockwell!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 8:00:31 PM PST
ROFL! Best post of the week.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 8:56:02 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 22, 2012 9:43:30 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 10:35:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2012 10:47:57 PM PST
Ok, so why don't you become a priest, and then you can get girls pregnant by dressing them up as altar boys!
Oh, do you have any toilet paper on your side of the confessional?
The devil made me say these things! He said if I didn't post this, my date tonight with twin, 21 year old rock n' roll girls, who just happen to be bi-sexual nymphs, would be cancelled! Sorry, don't wanna miss that!
Gotta drive 'ol Satan to the licka' sto' now!

GUITARSLINGER (Satan's psychiatrist)

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 10:48:10 PM PST
2cool says:
As someone who loves rock 'n' roll (mostly mid 50s - mid 70s as well as early R&B), I have to admit there are some aspects of it that I find disturbing. Historically, religious folk have referred to R&B (before rock, kids) as "the devil's music". I can see that viewpoint as a lot of it has lyrics which celebrate immoral activities. I prefer to think of it as secular music; however, there may have been some real involvement in the occult by some blues musicians. Many of them have songs about selling your soul to the devil, most famously, Robert Johnson (Check out how many of his songs are about the devil.). The original rock music, R&B, was made by adults for adults. It first became popular with teenagers in the mid 50s (with Elvis, Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Jackie Wilson, etc.). I think it was The Beatles who first became heavily involved in the occult and popularized it (Those who have knowledge of the occult will recognize the signs such as the inclusion of Satanist Aleister Crowley on the cover of Sgt. Pepper album; the "devil's horn" hand sign Lennon makes on the Yellow Submarine cover; many "sun" references in their lyrics, which is also a symbol of Satan; Paul's solo album,"Ram"...the goat is another symbol of Satan. There are too many other Satanic references to even mention - that is, I'm too lazy to type them out.) They were not the innocent mop tops the media portrayed them as. During their early years in Germany, they were into prostitutes, alcohol and drugs - and most people think they were choirboys. Take a close look at their famous "butcher" album cover...Does that look like the work of fun loving pranksters or something else? How many other pop musicians were using such imagery and Satanic symbols during that time period? They all became involved with the Mahareshi and mid-eastern "religion". Do your own research to find out who they may have actually been worshipping. The occult was "trendy" among a lot of the biggest names in 60s pop music: The Beach Boys (yes you read that right), The Doors (especially Jim Morrison), The Rolling Stones (I suppose that tattoo of Satan on Mick's chest is meaningless, right, naiive fools? And Sympathy For the Devil probably wasn't really about sympathy for the devil...do I have that about right? The Church of Satan adopted the song...probably because it wasn't intended to promote Satan, right?) Many of them read and studied the books of the prominant Satanist, Aleister Crowley. (He's also on one of The Doors' album covers.) Sting, Ozzy and Led Zeppelin also studied Crowley. Hell, Jimmy Page used to own Crowley's old mansion! David Bowie mentions him in one of his songs. Whether you want to accept facts or choose to be deceived is entirely up to you. Don't take my word for it...research it yourself...if you can handle the truth. If you think the idea of actually making a pact with Satan to succeed in the music industry seems completely unbelievable, consider that Lucifer was involved with music before he was cast out of heaven, according to the Bible. Music is a powerful influence on people. I think it is conceivable that ol' Lucy is using it as a vehicle to negatively influence young people. I'm not bashing rock 'n' roll music itself, just creeping myself out by thinking about the extent of Satanism in popular music.
P.S. I can't believe how many naiive people there are out there...Educate yourselves!!! BTW, if you think it is not "cool" to believe in God, consider that all the aforementioned musicians do - only they reject Him. Now that's "cool", right? That seems like a worthwhile trade: a relatively short period of fame and fortune for eternal suffering. Wise choice, morons!

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 10:50:58 PM PST
Everybody knows that rock music is diabolic. By the way, Freddy Mercury rules!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 11:01:09 PM PST
I love it.."if you can handle THE truth"..
YOUR truth, NOT everyone else's, your's is just another OPINION. Nothing more, nothing less.
THE truth? I think not.
The fact that you can't BELIEVE how many "naive people there are out there" only shows how NAIVE you are, assuming that you know some truth that is THE right way. These are the ramblings of a fool that advises other people to "educate themselves". It is YOU that are naive to the ways of the world, a world already FILLED with EDUCATED FOOLS.

2coolyoufool

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 11:03:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2012 11:07:25 PM PST
stevign says:
Got something against smaller paragraphs do ya? I mean I'm no English teacher, but jeez, catch a breath. ;~)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 11:11:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2012 11:11:53 PM PST
2cool says:
James Brown rules!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 11:23:32 PM PST
2cool says:
You're right...there are no absolutes. Everything is subjective...just like your professor told you. You're such a good boy for believing him or her or whatever it is... there are no absolutes. I can tell you have an extensive education by your awesome spelling.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 4:28:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2012 4:40:51 AM PST
J. Hand says:
@ 2cool - Your post reads like something the "occult expert" who testified in the Paradise Hills murder case would have presented. Years ago I read an article that was an interview with a southern Sheriff who saw Satanic cults and Satanic activity behind almost every crime. He believed the absence of evidence was of itself evidence of Satanic activity because nobody could clean up a crime scene like the ol' PoD himself. He even went on to say when evidence pointed away from the 'obvious suspects', e.g. those who don't look -ahem- normal and pointed to 'regular lookin' folks' that was also the Devil at play. He lamented that he had been unable to get any of his state's lawmakers to pass laws to loosen evidentiary procedures and processes so that no evidence wouldn't affect a conviction of someone who was in league with the Devil. He wanted looser requirements for prosecution when such dark forces were suspected so all you needed was suspects thought to use dark forces and a crime with no apparent clues leading to anyone. It would have been funny if it wasn't so damn scary.

Your flawed, misrepresented, exaggerated, and selectively interpreted "facts" couldn't be a better example of why people like that are potentially dangerous. Like most all conspiracy theorists, those who share your beliefs on this subject will accept only explanations and information that supports their beliefs. Anything contrary is dismissed as wrong because it's all the result of cover-ups, brainwashing, the tricky ol' PoD, or some other excuse. I sure am glad most people have a better grip on things and aren't ready for a return to the Dark Ages and bring about a New Inquisition although I'm sure there would be plenty of willing and eager dungeon workers.

It also reminds me of a variation of a phrase a good friend of mine likes to use: "The ability to articulate an idea does not make it intelligent". I still have to wonder if you have ever heard about symbolism such as all pain and suffering being called the Devil rather than a physical entity of the same name name? Did you ever learn about metaphors and similes? Have you ever heard of or known anyone who erected a phony front about him or herself, either via a publicist, promotional agency, or simply on their own? Didn't you go to school where young people were frequently adopting BS personas to enhance their notoriety or popularity or otherwise dress or behave in a manner to change how others reacted to them? It happens through all stages of life and the world is sadly too full of bodies in search of a personality. I'm a life-long biker and these days people can buy the total look and appear as authentic as any life-long road dog. Until I talk to one for a bit I can't tell how phony he or she is. But people like you can see people like them and paint me with the same brush you use to define them. Isn't that another way people put labels on others? It's even scarier when an accuser or label hanger, like the aforementioned cop, who carries a degree of believability can create fact. I seem to recall a hell of a lot of it all through recorded history. How many times is WHO said something far more important than the truth of WHAT was said?

Bluesmen? You mean Blacks, right? Geez, I guess you never heard that the place Blacks who were brought here as slaves was called the Dark Continent and not because of the color of the people's skin. Ever since their arrival, every effort was made to dehumanize them, isolate them, and define them. There was an immense effort made to prevent any entry into society as equals and to stifle any acceptance of them as fellow humans by any means available. You don't think the strangeness of their customs and beliefs along with the mystery of their home lands was used to fuel the fear and mistrust of them? You can't imagine that these 'strange' things about them weren't embellished and passed on as fact in a very one-sided conversation? I don't deny that there were non-Christian based religions and rituals practiced then and even today, but the truth, I'm sure, is far different than the cynical reality that puts these tired old tales into the category of 'absolute truth'. I'm also sure a number played it up, too, for whatever reasons. Honestly, Jimmy Otis, John Mayall, Eric Claption, Paul Butterfield, Bob Hite, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Roy Buchanan, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and a number of other White bluesmen are never mentioned in this satanic tie-in to the blues. Well, except for Ralph Macchio in Crossroads...

I'd love to pick apart and challenge the contents of your post and shred your 'facts' and put them in perspective but it would be a waste of my time and I already wrote more than I intended.

BTW: your "Devil's Horns" was a "Hang Ten" symbol for the surfer set long before metal took it over. Also, Ozzy's Mr Crowley was an anti-Crowley song. And if you were truly knowledgeable about the subject along with rehashing tired old urban legends you'd surely have remembered Lucifer/Black Mass, The Dead Mikmen/Beelzabubba, the Stones /Their Satanic Majesties Request, Motley Crue/Shout at the Devil. You also forgot to mention any number of motorcycle clubs with satan, devil, hell, demon, etc in their names.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 4:42:09 AM PST
J. Hand says:
@ 2cool - Your post reads like something the "occult expert" who testified in the Paradise Hills murder case would have presented. Years ago I read an article that was an interview with a southern Sheriff who saw Satanic cults and Satanic activity behind almost every crime. He believed the absence of evidence was of itself evidence of Satanic activity because nobody could clean up a crime scene like the ol' PoD himself. He even went on to say when evidence pointed away from the 'obvious suspects', e.g. those who don't look -ahem- normal and pointed to 'regular lookin' folks' that was also the Devil at play. He lamented that he had been unable to get any of his state's lawmakers to pass laws to loosen evidentiary procedures and processes so that no evidence wouldn't affect a conviction of someone who was in league with the Devil. He wanted looser requirements for prosecution when such dark forces were suspected so all you needed was suspects thought to use dark forces and a crime with no apparent clues leading to anyone. It would have been funny if it wasn't so damn scary.

Your flawed, misrepresented, exaggerated, and selectively interpreted "facts" couldn't be a better example of why people like that are potentially dangerous. Like most all conspiracy theorists, those who share your beliefs on this subject will accept only explanations and information that supports their beliefs. Anything contrary is dismissed as wrong because it's all the result of cover-ups, brainwashing, the tricky ol' PoD, or some other excuse. I sure am glad most people have a better grip on things and aren't ready for a return to the Dark Ages and bring about New Inquisition although I'm sure there would be plenty of willing and eager dungeon workers.

Your post reminds me of a variation of a phrase a good friend of mine likes to use: "The ability to articulate an idea does not make it intelligent". I still have to wonder if you have ever heard about symbolism such as all pain and suffering being called the Devil rather than a physical entity of the same name name? Did you ever learn about metaphors and similes? Have you ever heard of or known anyone who erected a phony front about him or herself, either via a publicist, promotional agency, or simply on their own? Didn't you go to school where young people were frequently adopting BS personas to enhance their notoriety or popularity or otherwise dress or behave in a manner to change how others reacted to them? It happens through all stages of life and the world is sadly too full of bodies in search of a personality. I'm a life-long biker and these days people can but the total look and appear as authentic as any life-long road dog. Until I talk to one for a bit I can't tell how phony he or she is. But people like you can see people like them and paint me with the same brush you use to define them. Isn't that another way people put labels on others? It's even scarier when an accuser or label hanger, like the aforementioned cop, who carries a degree of believability can create fact. I seem to recall a hell of a lot of it all through recorded history. How many times is WHO said something far more important than the truth of WHAT was said?

Bluesmen? You mean Blacks, right? Geez, I guess you never heard of the place that Blacks who were brought here as slaves was called the Dark Continent and not because of the color of the people's skin. Ever since their arrival, every effort was made to dehumanize them, isolate them, and define them. There was an immense effort made to prevent any entry into society as equals and to stifle any acceptance of them as fellow humans by any means available. You don't think the strangeness of their customs and beliefs along with the mystery of their home lands was used to fuel the fear and mistrust of them? You can't imagine that these 'strange' things about them weren't embellished and passed on as fact in a very one-sided conversation? I don't deny that there were non-Christian based religions and rituals practiced then and even today, but the truth, I'm sure, is far different than the cynical reality that puts these tired old tales into the category of 'absolute truth'. I know you used words like 'may have' never added their own spin to what these people believed. I'm also sure a number played it up, too, for whatever reasons. Honestly, Jimmy Otis, John Mayall, Eric Claption, Paul Butterfield, Bob Hite, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Roy Buchanan, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and a number of other White bluesmen are never mentioned in this satanic tie-in to the blues. Well, except for Ralph Macchio in Crossroads...

I'd love to pick apart and challenge the contents of your post and shred your 'facts' and put them in perspective but it would be a waste of my time and I already wrote more than I intended.

BTW: your "Devil's Horns" was a "Hang Ten" symbol for the surfer set long before metal took it over. Also, Ozzy's Mr Crowley was an anti-Crowley song. And if you were truly knowledgeable about the subject along with rehashing tired old urban legends you'd surely have remembered Lucifer/Black Mass, The Dead Mikmen/Beelzabubba, the Stones /Their Satanic Majesties Request, Motley Crue/Shout at the Devil. You also forgot to mention any number of motorcycle clubs with satan, devil, hell, demon, etc in their names.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 4:42:25 AM PST
J. Hand says:

Your flawed, misrepresented, exaggerated, and selectively interpreted "facts" couldn't be a better example of why people like that are potentially dangerous. Like most all conspiracy theorists, those who share your beliefs on this subject will accept only explanations and information that supports their beliefs. Anything contrary is dismissed as wrong because it's all the result of cover-ups, brainwashing, the tricky ol' PoD, or some other excuse. I sure am glad most people have a better grip on things and aren't ready for a return to the Dark Ages and bring about New Inquisition although I'm sure there would be plenty of willing and eager dungeon workers.

Your post reminds me of a variation of a phrase a good friend of mine likes to use: "The ability to articulate an idea does not make it intelligent". I still have to wonder if you have ever heard about symbolism such as all pain and suffering being called the Devil rather than a physical entity of the same name name? Did you ever learn about metaphors and similes? Have you ever heard of or known anyone who erected a phony front about him or herself, either via a publicist, promotional agency, or simply on their own? Didn't you go to school where young people were frequently adopting BS personas to enhance their notoriety or popularity or otherwise dress or behave in a manner to change how others reacted to them? It happens through all stages of life and the world is sadly too full of bodies in search of a personality. I'm a life-long biker and these days people can but the total look and appear as authentic as any life-long road dog. Until I talk to one for a bit I can't tell how phony he or she is. But people like you can see people like them and paint me with the same brush you use to define them. Isn't that another way people put labels on others? It's even scarier when an accuser or label hanger, like the aforementioned cop, who carries a degree of believability can create fact. I seem to recall a hell of a lot of it all through recorded history. How many times is WHO said something far more important than the truth of WHAT was said?

Bluesmen? You mean Blacks, right? Geez, I guess you never heard of the place that Blacks who were brought here as slaves was called the Dark Continent and not because of the color of the people's skin. Ever since their arrival, every effort was made to dehumanize them, isolate them, and define them. There was an immense effort made to prevent any entry into society as equals and to stifle any acceptance of them as fellow humans by any means available. You don't think the strangeness of their customs and beliefs along with the mystery of their home lands was used to fuel the fear and mistrust of them? You can't imagine that these 'strange' things about them weren't embellished and passed on as fact in a very one-sided conversation? I don't deny that there were non-Christian based religions and rituals practiced then and even today, but the truth, I'm sure, is far different than the cynical reality that puts these tired old tales into the category of 'absolute truth'. I know you used words like 'may have' never added their own spin to what these people believed. I'm also sure a number played it up, too, for whatever reasons. Honestly, Jimmy Otis, John Mayall, Eric Claption, Paul Butterfield, Bob Hite, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Roy Buchanan, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and a number of other White bluesmen are never mentioned in this satanic tie-in to the blues. Well, except for Ralph Macchio in Crossroads...

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 4:43:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2012 4:47:23 AM PST
J. Hand says:
sorry- somehow the preceding got double posted. it was probably something to do with the genuine House Rockin' Music Vol III I have playing and my cat strolling across my keyboard. everyone knows cats are Satan's familiars and blues are part of the devils music and I do live one house away from a crossroad....

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 6:25:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2012 6:26:01 AM PST
Rico says:
So what is evil? The bible says the worst evil is in those who publicly pretend to know God for their own gain or glory. Kind of like the current republican presidential nominee field. But those guys don't put out records....thank God. But money grubbing televangelists and rich corporate mega church leaders do. To me, that is inherently more evil and insidious than a satanic metal band. At least the satanic band is honest & up front about their stance, whether it be real or just a pose to sell records, which I suspect is usually the case. To paraphrase Shakespeare: 'Even Satan can quote scripture to serve his own purpose.'
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  187
Total posts:  1071
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2011
Latest post:  May 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions