Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Music forum

Elvis Presley

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 30, 2016 7:44:33 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 30, 2016 7:44:39 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 30, 2016 4:24:11 AM PDT
New York Daily News reports:

>>>Nearly 40 years after Elvis Presley's death, a new tell-all about his life and times alleges that the King of Rock and Roll deliberately overdosed on pills.

It's called "My Brother Elvis," and it's bound to leave fans all shook up.

The book's author, David E. Stanley, became Presley's step-brother in 1960 when his mom married The King of Rock and Roll's widowed father, Vernon Presley.

Stanley, who also worked for Elvis, writes that he last saw Presley on Aug. 14, 1977 - at which time The King told him that he was going away for a few days, but when they next met up, he would be "on a higher plane." Presley was found dead in his Memphis mansion two days later.

Stanley writes that Presley had "done this on purpose" and recalls wondering why.
According to Stanley, paramedics, family and aides were called to Graceland when Presley died, and they found pills and syringes surrounding The King's lifeless body. He quickly started shoving the damning evidence into his pockets before police arrived.

Stanley describes a very dark period leading up Elvis' final days when the singer was on so many prescription pills that his inner circle would stand watch around the clock to help him get to the bathroom. According to Stanley, Elvis frequently couldn't make the trip, which meant the vigil would turn into a cleanup session.<<<

Somehow I'm not that surprised...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2016 4:37:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 29, 2016 5:06:25 AM PDT
Hinch says:
"Apparently having lots and lots of fun"

Lol! I'm sure he is.

First I've heard of that forum. I see it's in the list of most active forums.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2016 2:12:50 AM PDT
He's in the Evolution Forum. Apparently having lots and lots of fun.

Posted on Jun 28, 2016 7:19:55 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Scotty Moore; December 27, 1931 - June 28, 2016

http://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/06/28/scotty-moore-elivs-guitarist-dies-84/86495336/

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 3:25:34 PM PDT
Hinch says:
"No More" from 'Blue Hawaii'

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gYoK-VSuvL0

Posted on Mar 20, 2016 8:20:43 AM PDT
Hinch says:
Elvis Presley "If I Can Dream"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9CMlYVu9J4g

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2016 6:17:29 AM PDT
stevign says:
Did you take back-up or go it alone?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2016 6:14:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2016 6:14:45 AM PDT
Hinch, in 1983 I drove from San Francisco to Norfolk, Virginia and my travel time for the 3,000 was ten days. I saw a lot of things for the Ist tine and Graceland (like Mount Vernon and the Jack Daniels distillery) was one of my stops on that adventure. If you have the means (Ferris...Ferris!) I do recommend it (as any American must do) for your viewing pleasure. I was there during the first year it was open to the public and the lines back then were much shorter than you will find them today. "You are parked in Hound Dog 4...HOUND DOG FOUR!")

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2016 6:02:54 AM PDT
Hinch says:
I saw EF on the Rock forum not long ago. He was posting on an anti-Beatles thread he created in 2011.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2016 5:56:55 AM PDT
Hinch says:
Geffers

I've never been to Graceland. Several family members visited there quite a few years ago. I probably should have gone.

A friend and I did go to Memphis in the early 1990s but didn't visit Graceland. We spent most of our time at the zoo, and in downtown Memphis. We also visited Al Green's church, hoping he would be there. Unfortunately he wasn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2016 5:51:02 AM PDT
Elvis Fan could still be around these parts (under another name of course.)

Posted on Mar 16, 2016 5:41:14 AM PDT
Geffers says:
Hinch
Wish I had seen him ,not many outside of the USA can claim to have seen him live . Still I really enjoyed my visit to Gracelands ,you get a sort of feeling just walking around there ,superb place to experience .

Posted on Mar 16, 2016 5:10:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2016 5:12:13 AM PDT
Hinch says:
March 16, 1974: Elvis Presley played the first of four concerts (two shows on March 16, and evening shows on the 17th and 20th) at the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis, Tennessee.

I saw Elvis in Nashville in 1973. I took my girl friend, my sister and my mother. I don't remember he did two shows. We went to the evening show. This site has the set list.

http://www.tennesseeconcerts.com/elvis.html

Posted on Mar 16, 2016 4:29:58 AM PDT
Geffers says:
Phil ,
I regularly play his Sun recordings .Being a bit of a Rockabilly fan I find they have the raw quality that his more polished RCA discs lacked .

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2016 4:22:35 AM PDT
Which record by Elvis did you listen to Geffers?

Posted on Mar 16, 2016 4:20:45 AM PDT
Geffers says:
I HAVE listened to some Elvis music today .

Posted on Mar 15, 2016 11:21:00 AM PDT
A. Strong says:
I might listen to some Elvis music today.

Posted on Mar 8, 2016 2:52:57 AM PST
Hinch says:
 "Don't Be Cruel" on The Ed Sullivan Show

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=COFHGFZxtnY

"Hound Dog" on The Ed Sullivan Show

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sGZm7EOamWk

Heartbreak Hotel (1968)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e8jAqvmnsIk

Posted on Jan 8, 2016 11:01:44 AM PST
Hinch says:
https://yerdoingreat.wordpress.com/2015/01/08/elvis-n-bowie/

Posted on Jan 8, 2016 7:16:35 AM PST
SLAYER® says:
Happy
Birthday

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 11:19:38 AM PST
says:
John Lennon famously said that without Elvis Presley there'd have been no Beatles. Less well known is that the King - who would have been 80 - was still impacting the group some 25 years after Lennon's untimely death.

It seems Paul McCartney was listening, and closely, when a Junkie XL remix of Elvis Presley's "A Little Less Conversation" topped the charts in nine different countries back in 2002. "I'd been getting a little bit jealous," McCartney tells Steven Van Zandt. "I was seeing remixes of, like, Elvis' things coming out - and I was thinking: `That sounds good, man.' You know, it's still Elvis, but they've put a new beat behind it. I thought: `I kind of like that.'"
Then, a few years later, he was approached about doing a Fab Four-themed Cirque du Soleil production, which eventually became 2006's Love. McCartney, no doubt still remembering Elvis Presley, says he jumped at the chance to oversee a series of remixes - hand picking Beatles producer George Martin's son Giles to do the work.
McCartney has since worked with the younger Martin on his 2013 release New (on which Giles produced or co-produced a half dozen tracks including "On My Way to Work"), as well as McCartney's current single - a video game-themed track titled "Destiny." Turns out, it all started (once again) with Elvis Presley.

LONG LIVE ELVIS PRESLEY STILL FOREVER THE KING OF ROCK N' ROLL !!!

Posted on Aug 18, 2014 2:11:58 AM PDT
Hinch says:
That's The Way It Is

That's The Way It Is (Legacy Edition)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2014 8:52:05 PM PDT
dallas says:
Hinch

I think Elvis Fan has moved on.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2014 3:11:52 PM PDT
stevign says:
Nope. He's in the back where he went face down in his 12th peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich. He sure does like Elvis.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 84 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  86
Total posts:  2100
Initial post:  Aug 4, 2012
Latest post:  26 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions