Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > Music forum

Favorite Colored Musicians?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 270 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 4, 2012 5:26:46 PM PST
Oh my. I stopped by this board to discuss minstrel shows. Oh well .... mammy!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 5:38:14 PM PST
Hinch says:
Lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 6:13:52 PM PST
stevign says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 6:15:48 PM PST
stevign says:
lololove it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 11:19:17 PM PST
Bernard J. says:
People call EF all sorts of things, but "Attention Seeker" would be the most accurate thing to call him.

He must be very happy with all the attention he DOES receive from this and other threads he has been involved in.

I'm always baffled by those who respond SERIOUSLY to his posts, whether the posts be about music, politics or religion. These responses sometimes come from those who should know better by now.

I suppose it's okay to lampoon him, make fun of him, ridicule him, some posters who do this can give me a few laughs.
But to respond seriously to him? You're just giving him the attention he craves for.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 12:45:08 AM PST
Red Nichols

Bobby Blue Bland

Grant Green

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 12:54:53 AM PST
Hinch says:
The Blue Brothers, Red Sovine, Pink Lady, Big Black.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 3:15:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2012 3:17:06 AM PST
Since I stay mostly on the jazz forum this is my first meeting with the OP. I can see now the trolling aspect of this poster. However it is interesting to see how many people take the "political" part of PC to be important when really it isn't "political" at all that is the question but more of a problem concerning sematics. The meanings that we give words changes with time and this is something I find interesting from a linguistic point of view.

The word "colored by itself is a neutral term, the word negro is a loan word from Spanish which is simply the color black but we have given these terms a race tinged meaning over the years. 50 years ago both terms were accepted by everyone. The term "black" or "Black" was not used in the context it is today and I think it probably would have created quite a stir if it were used in a publication back then.

What has happened is that too many people want to (wrongly) attach a political reference to just about everything. The work of a is far more on the money than some political pundit or sensationalist seeker in cases like this. For those who think they are conservatives, remember Hayakawa was a conservative Republican elected official and Rush Limbaugh or Bill Maher are highly over - paid entertainers.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 3:38:26 AM PST
Geezerguy says:
"Rush Limbaugh or Bill Maher are highly over - paid entertainers."

Neither is over-paid. They each make what the market will allow them to make.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 3:45:27 AM PST
That's your opinion, I disagree.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 4:41:49 AM PST
Geezerguy says:
Yes! And neither of us has had to cast aspersions on the other to get that disagreement across. That's what I call a positive exchange... Although you may disagree.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 4:47:47 AM PST
Stratocaster says:
Geezerguy says: "Personally, I doubt that Meade/ElvisFan/Country Music lover, etc. is a racist, redneck or anything of the sort. It all seems like some kind of "too cool for school" absurdist humor. A kind of performance art along the lines of an Andy Kaufman or Sacha Baron Cohen. He's probably sitting in some Greenwich Village coffee shop thinking up his next thread."

I think you're giving him wayyyyyy too much credit. I've seen some of his diatribes on YouTube - EP Haufe/Meade/ElvisFan/Country Music lover, does NOT have the mental capacity to concoct "absurdist humor".

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 5:29:18 AM PST
Chet Fakir says:
Peter Green
Red Norvo
Simply Red
Jack White
Alan White
Big Black
Goldy
Black Sabbath
Blue Oyster Cult
Red Sparrows
Savoy Brown
Clifford Brown
Red Garland
James Brown
Chuck Brown
Blue Mitchell
Blue Lou Marini
Al Green
Blues Magoos
Yellow Magic Orchestra
Yello
Deep Purple
Greenday
Ariel Pink
Pink Floyd
Black Flag
Average White Band
Barry White
King Crimson
Tampa Red

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 6:46:56 AM PST
stevign says:
It's cool that Peter Green tops your list......unless you just found the names online.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 7:02:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2012 7:03:18 AM PST
vivazappa says:
I'm so glad I'm always so politically correct ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 7:38:20 AM PST
stevign says:
I must admit, it does bring out the color of your eyes.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 7:50:13 AM PST
@ stevign & viva, thank you for a morning laugh!

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 9:58:10 AM PST
Geezerguy says:
Stratocaster says:
Geezerguy says: "Personally, I doubt that Meade/ElvisFan/Country Music lover, etc. is a racist, redneck or anything of the sort. It all seems like some kind of "too cool for school" absurdist humor. A kind of performance art along the lines of an Andy Kaufman or Sacha Baron Cohen. He's probably sitting in some Greenwich Village coffee shop thinking up his next thread."

I think you're giving him wayyyyyy too much credit. I've seen some of his diatribes on YouTube - EP Haufe/Meade/ElvisFan/Country Music lover, does NOT have the mental capacity to concoct "absurdist humor".

Thank you! I stand corrected. Good day to you sir!!! (I really thought the whole Meade thing had to be a put on.)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 10:27:29 AM PST
if we let Elvis Fan get the best of us...the terrorists have won.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 12:18:33 PM PST
R. Harris says:
how does a thread like this get to 7 pages? Idiots like me that keeping it going, is one way.

hey Cody, how ya doin'? Did you ever try out any more Roxy Music (they were certainly colorful in their heyday)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 12:30:01 PM PST
But If Stupidity is Outlawed, only Outlaws will be Stupid!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 12:45:08 PM PST
R. Harris says:
I don't think stupidity could be outlawed. Stupidity knows no boundaries. It is a law unto itself.
To quote a great man (and someone who knew from stupid), "Stupid is as stupid does".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 12:50:58 PM PST
Damn...long time no "see"!

I did! I grabbed Siren and Bryan Ferry's Olympia. They are great!

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 1:23:10 PM PST
R. Harris says:
Great! If you like them, then you can get just about any of them and enjoy it. I'd suggest "Country Life" or "Stranded" next, and highly recommend BF's "Taxi". Then try "For Your Pleasure"
I would suggest avoiding their first, "Roxy Music", as just a little too 'out there' until you're well into them.

Country Life

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 1:42:18 PM PST
stevign says:
Thanks Dan, I do what I can. ;~)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  270
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions