Customer Discussions > Music forum

Are The Beatles any more "overated" than Elvis Presley, Micheal Jackson, Led Zeplin, Jimmy Hendrix, The Doors, Nirvana, .. .

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 187 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:38:46 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:41:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 6:42:01 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:42:38 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 7:47:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 7:49:14 PM PST
Hinch says:
>Maybe you need to be more forgiving of others that don't agree with "your truths".<

I don't have a need to forgive anyone who disagrees with me. I don't have any hard feelings against them to begin with. Unlike you, I realize my opinions are just that, my opinions.

>somewhat scewed in your direction<

And your opinions are not?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 7:53:19 PM PST
Meade, do you mean to say that you do not try and skew things in your direction?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 7:55:54 PM PST
I want to complain about your music, Meade. Is your father's name Red?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:58:21 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
You act like you take it too hard when I don't like the 4brits or any other group you like. That is immature.
You put down others to make you look good or feel good. You must have an inferiority complex.
I can tell by the inflection in your posts some are subtle while others scream you hurt me! and take that!

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 3:31:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 3:38:24 AM PST
Hey, is EF getting the attention /responses he craves for but doesn't really deserve?
(Still responds to old posts, of course. One of them going back to January).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:54:33 AM PST
Hinch says:
I've said before, I don't care who likes or dislikes anyone. We all have our likes and dislikes. Unlike you, most of us don't feel the need to degrade the artists or bands we dislike.

You're the one who goes around putting down artists you dislike and those who do like them. You do it with almost every post you leave.

Please show me an example of when I put someone down for not liking a particular artist.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:08:08 PM PST
Why are we still debating this t.u.r.d. b.a.l.l.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 1:51:41 AM PST
I think the overrated term is misused in this discussion. More of a blanket slander than a description.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:32:40 PM PST
Dear Hinch

Thank goodness you are here to be the voice of calm and reason. For the 2 years on these various Beatles forums, I have never read anything from you to me or anyone else that is a putdown or in any way demeaning.

I think for the most part we are all pretty good in our posts and responses. And that's it. We each have an opinion. Period. But, in a nice way!
Thanks
Bonnie

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:59:10 PM PST
ELVIS,

I find it peculiar that you totally diss The Beatles while, in the same breath, praising Mozart, Bach and Beethoven being as The Beatles are noted as the group ( or certainly one of them ) that brought allot of "classical" elements and principles to pop & rock music in the later part of the 60's.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 11:13:56 PM PST
Hinch says:
Thanks Bonnie! I agree!

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 9:31:56 AM PST
Abracadabra!! Yabba Dabba Doo!!!!

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 9:35:21 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 24, 2012 9:38:33 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:11:00 AM PST
ELVIS FAN says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:28:29 AM PST
ELVIS FAN says:

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 5:43:39 AM PST
There were a bunch of blue lights over at the middle school at 3AM and I do think they finally caught up with ELVIS FAN once and for all...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 6:53:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012 6:54:41 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
Yes the mustard really went off the hot dog with that title!
Oh well, nobody is purfecttt. Get it Hinch...

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 6:59:15 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2012 7:02:45 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 7:22:05 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 2:53:10 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 12:45:19 AM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
Here are the results: Take em or leave em.
The 25 most overrated band in music history.

*25. Black Sabbath - I don't know, their music just blows chunks of stuff.
*24. Rolling Stones - Great band, but in no way do they deserve to even be considered the best of all time.
*23. The Sex Pistols - This is one band I've never understood. They're music blows, they were only around for two years, and their bassist was known as Sid Vicious. This band has no redeeming qualities! NONE!
*22. Wilco - Jeff Tweedy is in two great side projects: The Minus 5 and Golden Smog, neither of which he has a major role in. That said, Wilco is not that good. Summerteeth had the advantage of coming out in 1999 when all of music was dead. It wasn't good.
*21. The White Stripes - If it weren't for the fact that they're the only band to form in the last 7 years of any major significance that has talent, you wouldn't really know of them. They are pretty good, but the fact that there is nobody to compare them against inflates their value.
*20. Sonic Youth - Experimentation does not immune a band from this category. They're hit or miss, and they miss about half the time.
*19. Eagles - No band coming off a 12-14 year "vacation" deserves such hoorahs, especially when they had only released 1 1/2 good records previously.
*18. Beach Boys - They became unpopular with age. They almost never had the material to back them up. (I loved their sound, but I am not a music critique)
*17. Counting Crows - They had a hit. They forgot to fizzle out. Now forget about them.
*16. Neutral Milk Hotel - Lyrically, Jeff Mangum is a genius. Musically, he's not that good and almost every guitar rift is stolen. And considering Aeroplane is considered the ultimate indie album, they must be punished.
*15. The Strokes - Living proof that the Brits cannot decipher good music from mediocre music regardless of whether it is an American band or a British band.
*14. Guns N' Roses - Axl Rose is an anagram for O*** S*x. Guns N' Roses is a synonym for garbage.
*13. Billy Joel - Piano Man and Scenes From an Italian Restaurant are good songs, but that's about it. Piano rock was never cool in my book.
*12. Bruce Springsteen - Call me crazy, but why do people like him? What has he ever done? Well, other than writing "Because the Night" which Patti Smith morphed into one of the 20 best songs of the decade.
*11. Bob Dylan - He's had some good songs, but come on. He's had only 2 good albums in the last 30-someodd years and he's still idolized by god knows how many people.(His voice was rubbish)
*10. Any Britpop Band - Coldplay, Oasis, The Verve, etc.. These bands aren't that good, were never that good, and will never be that good.
*9. Yo La Tengo - The ultimate critics band my ass. They're good, but in no way do they deserve half the hype they receive. So many indie people call them the best band ever. Yeah right.
*8. Green Day - They were never good, releasing one album that was alright (Dookie) before reaching the point that they decided "Let's further destroy music and call it American Idiot at the same time!"
*7. Led Zeppelin - They had some good songs, but Zep II and IV were horrible. "Stairway to Heaven" is mediocre at best. (Not in my opinion)
*6. Radiohead - The Bends was amazing. Then they tried to not make sense and became another over-sensationalized indie f**tard must-have. Plus, they stole their title from the Talking Heads. You better be good if you do that.
*5. U2 - Let me first state that Joshua Tree is one of the worst albums of all time. Secondly, Achtung Baby is worse.
*4. The Beatles - Oh come on, they really weren't that good.(They really were quite boring)
*3. Pink Floyd - Take away Syd Barrett and the "Wish You Were Here" album and you've got the #1 most overrated band of all time. Add those in and you drop to #3.
*2. Pearl Jam - Don't make me defend this. I just really find Eddie Vedder annoying.
*1. Nirvana - Yes, they were good, but God would have forgotten them after In Utero had Cobain not committed suicide. They weren't that good.
This was from solely http://www.listology.com/list/25-most-overrated-bands-all-time-0
I had to edit this mess to get amazon to take it.!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  187
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions