Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD
Customer Discussions > Music forum

Rock Music is the Devils Music !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 23, 2012 7:18:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2012 7:22:50 AM PST
Rico says:
@2cool. Well, thanks for setting me straight on who is good and who is evil. Actually, reading Aleister Crowley's books makes someone no more a satanist than reading Newt Gingrich's book makes one a conservative. Although, Crowley probably makes more sense. Sting has also read the Bible from cover-to-cover, but you don't mention that.

There are over 60 historical figures on the Sgt. Peppers cover yet you only mention Crowley. They also included Tom Mix. Does that make the Beatles cowboys? You mention the fab four were into "prostitutes, drugs and alcohol" in Germany so they must be Satanists. You should include in your self-righteous judgement of others hundreds of thousands Satanist US military over the years who were also into prostitutes, drugs and alcohol in Germany. The Beatles often sang about love, in the general sense, more so than any modern artist. In the last 10 years, many US country artists have recorded songs containing words of violence and hate but they're never seen as being evil, in fact, most are adored by people who consider themselves Christians. So who is more evil?

So just mentioning Crowley in a song makes Bowie a Satanist? He also mentions God in several songs, but you ignore that. How can you possibly know what's in the heart's of these people? Many artists used the satan thing to sell records and many still do. And just as many use the God thing to sell records. Christian heavy metal? Give me a break. There is a special place in hell for those people. The Church of Satan adopting 'Sympathy for the Devil,' as you claim, is on par with Ronald Reagan co-opting Springsteen's 'Born in the USA' during a campaign in the 80's. Both groups compeletely misunderstood the songs they adopted. Bruce was annoyed, Mick Jagger probably found it funny. Arnold killed 27 cops in 'Terminator,' a work of fiction but was lauded as a hero by the right wing. Ice-T recorded 'Cop Killer,' a work of fiction, but he was demonized by the right. So who is more evil?

Your post reminded me of the 'burn the witch!" scene from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." "How do you know she is a witch?" "She looks like one!!!" You make as much sense. Here's to hoping you haven't been turned into a newt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 7:37:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2012 7:38:37 AM PST
tokolosi says:
Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie: Practical Mind Control Protection for Paranoids
Protect Yourself from Mind Control

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 9:06:54 AM PST
stevign says:
So......we gonna kill us some evil-doers or just sit around here talkin' bout it?!! The way I figure it, E. P. Haufe should be the 1st to go, after-all, we know the Devil always means the opposite of what he says. Next we get that guy who said; first they came for such and such, then they came for.....and so on and so until they finally came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. That guy's gettin' on my last nerve.

After that we go for the people we don't like, I think we can all agree they're clearly on the Devil's side. As for the women, I suggest we leave the hot ones alone, yes they're obviously evil but damn they're fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 9:33:28 AM PST
Rico says:
Thanks for the chuckle! Remember, 'evil' spelled backwards is 'live.'

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 9:37:23 AM PST
Zaplightning says:
Back in the day people would play records backwards and listen for a evil message, or gather for album sacrifices. Rumor was if a Venom album was burned you'd be able to hear the devil's cry.....Venom loved it......boosted record sales!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 9:44:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2012 10:54:08 AM PST
B. Stockwell says:
Freddie Mercury doesn't fit into the diabolic fiendish world of rock music. He was no devil - he was an gentleman and a perfect angel. He was also cool. Satan was interviewed on CNN last year and said, "If I was half as cool as Freddie Mercury was, I'd be a happier person. I mean, sure, I was the serpent in the Garden of Eden, I created original sin, I'm the Accuser of Job, the tempter of the Gospels and the dragon in the Book of Revelation. But, Golly, imagine being Freddie! Hanging out with Brian May, Roger and John? That would be Heaven on Earth, Amigo! True, I rule over the damned souls of the Fallen in my Infernal Domain but, seriously, Freddie rocks! I had tickets for BOTH nights at Wembley Stadium in 1986. I was "too tired" to go. TOO TIRED? What was I thinking? It just goes to show you: even the Overlord of Hell makes mistakes. I could've been at Wembley for Queen! I'm going to Hell for that mistake but, since I'm already there, it's a short trip!"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 10:03:31 AM PST
stevign says:
re: "if a Venom album was burned you'd be able to hear the devil's cry."

Come to think of it, that would have been a good indicator. We could have tracked those chuckle-heads after their purchase and if they burned the record, the government would then provide them with free sterilization so as to keep them from breeding. We should have thought of this YEARS ago!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 10:05:22 AM PST
stevign says:
Any devil who uses the word "golly" can't be all bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 10:50:37 AM PST
B. Stockwell says:
Good point. I don't think I've ever read any discussion of evil that mentions Satan using harsh language. He wants to set a good example, after all, and bad language is uncouth. Even when burning in eternal flames for all eternity, a civil tongue denotes refined breeding.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 11:25:48 AM PST
stevign says:
Well he did have a good father, albeit a harsh one who was a strict disciplinarian. From diaries we know god used to wash out Lucifer's mouth with soap when he swore. And anyone who knows anything about how soap was made back then knows it could take the hide right off a Unicorn.

PS. If you're wondering if Lucifer took his dad's name in vain as a child, "Vain" hadn't been invented yet. Historically, we don't find taking the Lord's name in vain until the 1st sailor was born.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 12:01:19 PM PST
B. Stockwell says:
This is the funniest Amazon discussion I've ever read. I'm learning a lot, too. The Lucifer/First Sailor connection was something I didn't know about. It's like something from "The Da Vinci Code," but with Popeye!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 12:37:54 PM PST
Rico says:
What? Crowds of Elvis fans didn't exhibit trance-like qualities "like pandimonium" (sic)? Concerning your knowledge of African rhythms, you seem to be getting all your historical information from old Tarzan movies. "Most people dont like country music." Then why do I hear it everywhere I go? Why is there a country music awards show on TV every week? Why do they have some of the biggest tours every year? How do you know most country music singers are Christians? How does singing about drinking, fornication, adultery, nationalism, xenophobia and hating brown people qualify as Christian? No, I think you believe most are Christian because you are one.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 12:55:57 PM PST
Rico says:
This post thread reminds me of a joke: A rock critic dies and arrives at what he believes must be heaven. He finds himself in a small auditorium where he sees Jimi Hendrix & Stevie Ray Vaughan tuning their guitars, John Entwhistle strapping on his bass, Elvis & Jim Morrison are setting up microphones and the great Duke Ellington is warming up at the piano. The critic is stunned. He turns to Lester Bangs sitting next to him and says with wonder, "So this is heaven." Bangs responds, "You must be new here." Just then Karen Carpenter gets behind the drum kit and says "OK, let's go, "Close to You", take 8,455,001, on the count of three." As she counts off, Bangs turns to the new arrival and says "Welcome to hell, my friend."

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 1:03:32 PM PST
Rico says:
I once played a Pat Boone record backwards. The message I got was to stay in school and drink plenty of milk.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 1:04:14 PM PST
Zaplightning says:
I just gave Celtic Frost's "To Mega Therion" a listen....that might be devil music!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 1:11:49 PM PST
Rico says:
Popeye in "The Da Vinci Code." Now there's something I'd pay money to see. As a kid, I was more afraid of Alice the Goon than I was of Satan. At what point would Popeye break out the spinach and start kicking ass?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 1:35:26 PM PST
stevign says:
Glad to be of service. More factual trivia:

* The Ark was the 1st Navy.

* God made sailors to man the Navy.

* Popeye is a direct descendant of Noah.

* The term "Rock & Roll" was first used to describe how the Ark was tossed about during the flood. It later became slang for what went on below deck between the males and females.

* No cross breeding among species took place aboard the Ark.

* Later in a Tell-All book, a Platypus alleged that he was indeed conceived from an ill-fated romance between Noah and a duck. The allegations were never proven but persist to this day.

* Lucifer was asked about the allegations against Noah and was quoted as saying; "So what, it's only Rock & Roll....and I like it."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 1:37:41 PM PST
B. Stockwell says:
Those Popeye cartoons - the early black and white ones by Max Fleischer - were incredibly hip, funny, and violent. One, a highlights reel, a kid - real, live action - is being picked on. He reads a Popeye comic book. Cue the footage of Bluto getting his ass kicked. Okay, so in the REAL world, the kid gets down, sailor style. He eats a wad of spinach - straight from a real can and THAT is a horrifying sight. The next time the neighborhood bully picks on him - and this is live action - our hero winds up his fist, gives the bully a WWF undercut to the jaw, and we see a the bully shoot through the air twenty feet and smash though a glass window. It's like watching "Bruce Willis: the Wonder Years." YIKES!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 2:35:17 PM PST
B. Stockwell says:
I should've been able to figure out the Popeye stuff. His father, Poopdeck Pappy, has the look of a Biblical patriarch. It just makes sense. The part about Noak putting the moves on a duck, though? Unless there's DNA evidence to prove it, I'm not convinced. Sorry.

I'm sort of curious about how you know all this Bible-y stuff. I'm guessing your customer name, "stevign," is a cryptogram. Unscrambled, I'm sure there's a clue to who you really are and how you know all this stuff. So, I ran the letters s-t-e-v-i-g-n through an online anagram generator. Most of the results were gibberish, of course, but the last result was interesting. I wasn't surprised to see how the letters s-t-e-v-i-g-n can be arranged to spell "i'm a pretty smart guy just like carl sagan." Consider yourself unmasked, "stevign." Or, should I say, "Well, Hello MR. FANCY PANTS!"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 2:47:53 PM PST
stevign says:
re: "Unless there's DNA evidence to prove it, I'm not convinced"

I'm not saying that it's true or not but this is the Internet, even the New York Times doesn't care about evidence anymore. As for the name Mr. Fancy Pants, I may have had monograms diapers as a toddler but it wasn't considered "fancy" as we couldn't afford gold leaf monograms.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 5:30:17 PM PST
J. Hand says:
Damn Rico! That Close to You/Karen Caprenter thing made my skin grow all cold and clammy. Then I threw up in my mouth a little bit! That's too scary to be funny! God, I can hear it now-

Think I'm going to go have PBJ sandwhich with double PB, strawberry preserves with whole strawberries, and a giant glass of cold chocolate milk to honor her demise and celebrate the fact she's not making any new music to annoy me...

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 5:50:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2012 5:51:22 PM PST
B L T says:
!cisum lived no dekooh m'I !em pleH

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 6:17:46 PM PST
B. Stockwell says:
I just played your comment backwards. Something about cute baby kittens, I think.

(I need to brush up on my Evil-to-English skills, I suppose.)

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 6:27:47 PM PST
Comment Man says:
Rico that's not a joke. It actually happened to John Entwhistle when he went to Hell. For a moment he thought he was heaven and then he realized he was wrong! Poor man. Consult you Ouiji board and call on Entwhistle. He'll tell you all about it and how he fell head over heels for Karen Carpenter and started on her diet to improve his life. A sad sad sufferation in the fiery land of brimstone and easy listening music.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 6:40:38 PM PST
Hows the weather out there in way far left field ? most music is not evil, and if rock music was that bad, there wouldn't be a market for it, I have been to a lot of heavy metal rock shows, and not once was I under a trance...
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 44 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  189
Total posts:  1089
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 23, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions