Customer Discussions > Music forum

John, Paul, George & Ringo : 50 years after their first recording sessions...

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 4:24:31 AM PDT
DKPete says:
I DEFINITELY don't mean the type of "Country" that's on the charts today..moreso the type of material and arrangements that were on Beaucoups Of Blues; the stuff that's out today is moreso Pop with a Country "twang" and, as you said, a lot of smooth female skin.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 5:11:19 AM PDT
H&L says:
DKPete,

Don't forget the male side of modern country music if you want to call it that, the good looking hunks with cowboys hats.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 5:44:49 AM PDT
Hinch says:
If ringo did another country album it should be covers of classics. 'mind your own business' 'i walk the line' 'i cant help it if im still in love with you' etc.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 5:49:12 AM PDT
Severin says:
If anyone hasn't got the new Beach Boys album "That's Why God Made the Radio" the MP3 is on sale for just $1.99 today, along with a few other new albums. I'm not a huge BB fan, I have the out-of-print box set, "Pet Sounds" (of course), "Smiley Smile/Wild Honey" and 2 Brian Wilson's first 2 solo albums. I decided to get the new one since you guys gave it such good reviews and the price is hard to argue with.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 6:10:56 AM PDT
Hinch says:
I like the new BB album more each time I hear it. Its much better than I expected. At that price its worth a listen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 6:28:09 AM PDT
Shining Star says:
Hi Joyce,

LOL, yeah, about as subtle as a brick to the forehead. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 6:33:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 6:40:53 AM PDT
Shining Star says:
Joyce, Bonnie and All:
There were so many story lines surrounding the band, their manager, their producer, each of the members, their wives and families, their contemporaries, the record company, etc. I've heard the Lennon & McCartney more that Harrison & Starr perhaps sought some fame, however, whether that's true or not, I would bet that none of them ended up caring much for the fame that came as I believe, at their core, they were still the 4 kids from Liverpool who just wanted to jam.

Joyce, you do bring up a great point though. They were't the 4 kids from Liverpool by the release of Abbey Road and they were going different directions. I think it was time for each to find their own way and path.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 7:29:30 AM PDT
Boot Scoot Boogie!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 8:24:27 AM PDT
Eddie H. says:
Hinch...On one of Johns live albums(I think it was Sometime in New York) either Zappa or Lennon says (I paraphrase), Yoko is now going to to her thing all over you ..then she does this screaming thing she does so well(Lol)....These noises she does was supposed to be one of the influences of the B-52s!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 9:05:42 AM PDT
Hinch says:
@Eddie......yes, I remember that. It was Zappa who said it. I believe they were his guests. I'm dont know when but I believe at some point the members of the B52s saw a Yoko performance. Btw, John's performance of 'Baby Please Dont Go!' is one of my all time favorites. I love when John says 'Zap...pa!' before Frank did his guitar solo. That performance may be the high point of the album.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 9:27:58 AM PDT
Eddie H. says:
Hinch...do you want to here a bummer,the Fillmore East had 2 shows, 8 pm and 11 pm, I was at the early show that night and Lennon came out in the late show! Sometime in NYC, was one of my least favorite Lennon albums(Ray Davies should have sued him for the opening bars to New YorK City, it is You Really Got me!), but also that song was the highlight for me too!

See below...Zappa and The Mothers doing 4 minutes(from what it says ,youtube cut out the ending of the song) of I am The Walrus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgXrhvf_7pE

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 9:38:56 AM PDT
Tero says:
The same track on a Zappa album is titled: A small eternity with Yoko Ono

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 10:06:32 AM PDT
Hinch says:
Ive seen that clip of 'walrus'. Cool performance.You just reminded me of another of the best songs on the album. NYC. I never noticed the resemblance to YRGM . That album is also my least favorite but it does have some good songs. It really is a bummer knowing you missed JLs appearance.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 10:23:10 AM PDT
Hinch says:
In a 1980 interview John said hearing 'Rock Lobster' by the B52s is what inspired him to get back into recording. He said they were doing Yoko. Kate Pierson's scream at the end was inspired by Yoko. At a 25th anniverary concert they invited Yoko to join them onstage. She did the scream at the end of rock lobster.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 10:27:09 AM PDT
H&L says:
Hinch,

Just to add, in his last interview John also mention that he liked the songs Touch and Go by the Cars and Hungry Heart by Bruce Springsteen which were hits just prior to his death.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 10:29:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 10:34:32 AM PDT
Steelers fan says:
"I Want You (She's So Heavy)", with its abrupt door-coming-down cutoff, was the last Beatles track recorded by the group proper.

McCartney was furious that his solo debut, "McCartney", which was ready for release, had to be pushed back for the "Let It Be" album.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 10:41:25 AM PDT
Hinch,
I was always a big Beach Boy fan, since the early 60's. I loved Brian Wilson, and combed my hair like Brian. I dressed like he did, white chino pants, desert boots, madrias shiet, car club jacket. I always wanted to look like Brian. This morning I realised I now look like Mike Love. Bald head, white beard, baseball cap, Hawaiian shirt over a pot belly.
John

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 11:16:06 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Stevign:
no, i think Daniel already explained....i guess he was quicker than both of us! thanks for the link though! I love that movie! saw it about 10 years ago at a local theatre....they showed it with an intermission in between, as it was a really long movie! lots of fun!
thanks again for trying to satisfy my (endless!) curiosity!!!
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 11:16:54 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Hinch:
i am not sure, but i think you have to physically log off...on either your phone or your computer.....
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 11:18:49 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Hinch:
yeah, i cannot keep up with all the changes....i think my phone is considered a "smart phone" though...i just went to the apps store and downloaded the free amazon app....had to get a new phone about 2 or 3 years ago though, as mine wasn't working, and i am pretty sure it is considered a "smart" phone...it is a Droid...
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 11:19:51 AM PDT
H&L says:
John,

There is something about watching our rock stars grow old:)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 11:20:53 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Hinch:
wow! i didn't know it was specific for shopping....yeah, i am not sure....it might be worthwhile calling Amazon, and asking them....on my old phone, which was a smart phone, when i downloaded the amazon app and then went to it, there was a key that said something like "go to full site", and i clicked on it....
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 11:21:53 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Lawrence:
he was trying to go onto the amazon forum and read/post from his phone, instead of from his computer....
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 11:23:35 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Lawrence:
yeah, i just have to wait it out....should be gone soon!
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 11:24:56 AM PDT
Eddie H. says:
Hinch...Yea...Nobody wails like Yoko!
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions