Customer Discussions > Music forum

Name an artist or band that has remained consistently in your top 5 (the longest) throughout your life

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 557 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 11:59:02 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:36:28 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 12:08:00 PM PST
Good stuff.

Some others are Bauhaus, Big Country, and The Cure.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 12:45:15 PM PST
R. K. Hunter says:
Sonny Rollins,
Bob Dylan
Duke Ellington
Charles Mingus
John Coltrane

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 1:04:59 PM PST
Snoo says:
W. Karl,

All is good. These threads would get pretty boring without some conflict now and again. We definaltely supplied that !! :)

Styx seems to get slammed alot around here. Now dont get me wrong, I did get tired of Dennis DeYoung smothering us with his sappy a$$ love songs about his wife but I feel they do have some very good rockin material as well. And, as I posted earlier, these guys were a big part of my high school days and post H.S. days. I have seen them many times in original form and the new line up. They put on a great show. Speaking of drummers....lol..........Todd Sucherman is a monster on the kit !
Have you heard any of Tommy Shaws solo material ? "Ambition" is very good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 1:26:09 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:36:29 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 1:28:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2011 1:32:23 PM PST
J. Rimmer says:
Judas Priest became my favorite band in Junior High when someone introduced me to British Steel. Other bands have come and gone but Judas Priest is the only band that I've always eagerly awaited new albums from. Oh, I am now 45 years old, so Junior High is a long ways off and the mighty Priest continue to deliver even now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 1:39:06 PM PST
J. Rimmer says:
I had Paradise Theater on vinyl in High School and played it to death. But when Kilroy came out I was a full blown metal head and Mr. Roboto just didn't sit right with me. I never really knew what became of them after that. I know I never heard any new music on the radio by them. Do they still make new jam? They do get a lot of unfair criticism. They had an ability with harmonies that you jus can't find in rock music anymore.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 3:18:41 PM PST
J. Dean says:

AC/DC (Brian Johnson era... I'm not fond of Bon Scott's voice)
----------------------------------

I find this highly disturbing. I'm speechless.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 3:22:19 PM PST
W Karl says:
Def Leppard was the band that got me into Rock and Metal. I wore out copy after copy of Pyromania and later Hysteria. Then later, as my music tastes matured I realized they were overproduced schlock. Now I can't stand them. I find Pour Some Sugar On Me especially vile. Sorry.
----------------------------------

True. I do love "High And Dry" though. That's a great album!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 3:34:50 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:36:30 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 3:45:23 PM PST
michael says:
Bon Jovi,Bruce Springsteen,Merle Haggard,Waylon Jennings,Alison Krauss & Union Station are on constant rotation for me and have been for years.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 4:10:21 PM PST
John Crotty says:
Since 1968, when I was 5 years old I have loved the Monkees! I've seen them 13 times in concert & am looking very forward to their reunion tour later this year! I know, I know you're thinking but they're nothing but bubblegum music but it's the best bubblegum music of all time. I admire them because they fired their music producer (Don Kirschner RIP) at the height of their popularity because he would not allow them to play their own instuments on their albums.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 4:35:12 PM PST
I must mention two underrated, underappreciated bands that I thoroughly love. I enjoy just about all their work(well up 'til the mid 80's). They're "Budgie" and "The Angels/Angel City".

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 4:47:05 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:36:32 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 4:51:07 PM PST
W Karl says:
Budgie rules
-------------------------

They've always struck me as being an eccentric, quirky "Rush".

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 4:54:05 PM PST
tommy bolin
santana
led zeppelin
jeff beck
stanley clarke

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 5:07:36 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 23, 2011 8:36:32 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 6:42:03 PM PST
K. Cooper says:
Bands like the Allman Brothers, Beatles, Doors and Rolling Stones have always been all time favorites for me.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 9:25:33 PM PST
The Police

Black Flag

The Doors

The Kinks

The Eagles

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 10:09:13 PM PST
Summerflue says:
The Carpenters
Aerosmith
Melissa Manchester..

But number one since the early seventies for me is still Barry Manilow.

OK! Target launched...

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 10:50:56 PM PST
H. Rogers says:
GOOD DISCUSSION !!!!
Its kinda hard to say top 5- right now Im kinda getting into new music (for me). and I have found some bands that I desire to listen to as much as the bands I listened to 25 years ago. that being said I will list what I know are 5 older bands that I have lisented to through time and 5 that I hope to listen to through time.
1. Pink Floyd ( come on if your that into music can you really not .listen to them?)

2. Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde is the sunset Blood on the tracks is the rainey grey day, Street Legal is the Storm Eveything is is whats left.
3. Alan Parsons- Did anyone else see this cover in 3D after dojing stufft?
4.Talking heads- If you dont get the 5.1 versions of thier cds your just cheeting yourself- especially Fear of Music The last 2 songs are like a revelation n this formatt- and they were already pretty good.
5. Flettwood Mac-It was kinda tie with the Eagles- But Say you will is as good to me as Rumours was and Long road home is good but not Hotel California or even the Long run So Fleetwood gets the nod.
the five newcomers
1. Jackie greene- I just started lisening to his stuff, its really (Bob Dylan) enjoyable.
2. Jets overhead- Just for the brilliance of "No Nations" although their other 2 cds are good No Nations sticks like Alan Parsons.
3. Elbow-If you want to argue about thie inclusion you probably wouldnt like them---OR WOULD YOU?????
4.The electric soft Parade-What ever,never just let it breath.
%.=5. Cinic-Something kinda threatening like Pink floyds ealier stuff.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 10:54:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2011 11:07:08 PM PST
H. Rogers says:
CanI just say
old 6. Supertramp
new6. The decemeberists
#,s Letters and Positions- How can I leave off Elvis Costello his first 4 albums are Greatness. and Steve Miller had back to back albums ( Fly like an eagle-Book of love) that can be = to any (fleetwood mac- the eagles-Bob Dylan- Elivs) group that has recoreded.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 11:19:37 PM PST
H. Rogers says:
Dont make me clap my feet- too bad Salyed? goes for to much money its thier Hotel California to me.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 11:56:31 PM PST
The Rolling Stones (Since I was 5 years old, my parents started with the first US album and I have loved them ever since. Have every album)
Cheap Trick (I was turned on to them on In Color. Went and bought the debut and have been hooked ever since. Have every album.)
Van Halen (Heard the debut in 77 and was hooked. Have every album.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2011 1:19:55 PM PST
Doll-ar says:
Hopefully, you will mature and find out that not everybody's going to like exactly what you do. Just because some people don't like metal (although I do like some songs by Scar Symmetry) doesn't mean your music taste is any better than theirs.

Maturity isn't about your interests, it's about the way you act/accept difficulties in life.

But then again, in this society, there's never any person who doesn't get bashed.
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  411
Total posts:  557
Initial post:  Jun 5, 2010
Latest post:  May 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions