Customer Discussions > Music forum

New artist who are have old school sensibilities who are working under the radar of mainstream recognition but who are starting to get noticed by the public.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 82 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:23:17 PM PST
Micaloneus says:
She and Him? Nope.

Zooey D. has parents in show biz. That's how she got in. Hardly working under the radar of mainstream recognition.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:24:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 4:26:09 PM PST
Micaloneus says:
I enjoyed Beth Hart's guest appearance on Deep Purple's "Haunted" of 2003.

Offical video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LotAru3vJIY

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 4:39:25 PM PST
Neko Case, Caitlin Cary, Kasey Chambers, Joe Bonamassa, Grace Potter, Anne McCue, Tift Merritt, Katie Melua, Kim Richey & Kris Delmhorst.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:24:39 PM PST
Working Man says:
I didn't realize Beth Hard was on Deep Purple's Haunted. I need to give that a listen, it's a good song. Deep Purple's current lineup is underrappreciated. It's difficult for Steve Morse to follow the great Ritchie Blackmore and/or Tommy Bolan for that matter, but I like the current Deep Purple. It might not always sound like Deep Purple MKII linelup of Gillan, Paice, Lord, Blackmore and Glover but it's good solid hard rock and I am looking forward to their new album due in 2013.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:56:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 5:57:09 PM PST
Micaloneus says:
I'm looking forward to DP's new album as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 8:13:22 PM PST
H&L says:
Micaloneus,

Good points there, She and Him Vol 2 did debute in the top ten but it is a great album that a lot of people don't know about. I separate Zooey the actress on TV to She and Him.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 1:00:04 PM PST
L. Phillips says:
http://www.puresouthernrock.com/

Ive found some good songs on this site. Meagan Tubb, The Cheaters, Jive Mother Mary, and Trucker Mouth, to name a few of the bands i have checked out.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 1:04:45 PM PST
L. Phillips says:
http://musicmp3.ru/

This is a good site to try new music

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 11:16:31 AM PST
H&L says:
Hello All,

Since I started this thread I have been wanting to make and post a little hello and some comments video. This is what I came up with so I hope you will enjoy watching. Thanks everone for your support to this thread.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SYCnTBUxUM

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:27:06 AM PST
Gena Chereck says:
Nice. :) Love the little shout-out to Jack White at the end!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 12:09:47 PM PST
I enjoyed your You Tube video.
Nice to be able to put a face to a poster for a change!

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 12:28:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 2:56:25 PM PST
I've seen Los Lobos play live concerts more than a few times and the when the guy says: "Please welcome the Los Lobos Blues Band" it's in reference to the original Santana band as that band was called: "The Santana Blues Band" before the name was shortened by their record company. Los Lobos plays like 1968 is never gonna go away...Whatta band, they are one of the very best!

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 5:16:21 PM PST
Porcupine D says:
The Love Me Nots

Not sure if this band qualifies as "new" or not. Apparantly they've been around a while and have a few albums, but I only recently got turned on to them. I'd call them "garage rock", lots of farfisa style keyboards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooo2M0cRgSE&playnext=1&list=PLA8680FAF8D9769AC&feature=results_video

The Black Water Fever

A band from Australia I believe, kind of in that same vein as The White Stripes, or maybe the Black Keys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8D_NBKJlPI

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:43:00 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Wolf:
Agree...Los Lobos are one of my all time favorite bands.
Just saw them play the entire KIKO in October...fantastic!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:59:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 3:03:32 PM PST
Los Lobos, is one of the very best American rock bands still standing and "Kiko" is a classic record from start to finish...You got to see a GREAT concert vivazappa!

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:28:34 AM PST
Lija Harper says:
If you think the best artists often get forgotten by the mainstream media you should visit www.therealmusic.net . For reviews, interviews, live reviews and other juicy tidbits! You might just discover your new favorite album, I know I did.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:32:08 AM PST
H&L says:
Lija,

Thanks I will check it out and I hope everyone elese will also.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:38:45 AM PST
Lija Harper says:
Thankyou, everyone who works on the site is extremely passionate about music. So everything we post up is seriously endorsed by at least one music lover :D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:43:47 AM PST
H&L says:
Lija,

And that is the way it sould be:)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 10:40:35 AM PST
barbW says:
Is there a way in writing to describe old school sensibilities? Perhaps some obvious examples?

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 12:05:48 PM PST
Stratocaster says:
Nice to see Fleet Foxes get some recognition.

Another one that comes to mind for me, which I don't believe has been mentioned yet, is Doctor Dog

Be The Void

They're very much in the vein of "old school sensibilities" (little bit of a cross between The Band, Rare Earth and Spirit). They have released their third album, and each one is better then the last IMO. Great stuff.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 11:01:46 PM PST
Lisa J. Fiel says:
The Gaslight Anthem,
Phillip Phillips

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 9:20:47 AM PST
H&L says:
Statocaster,

I love Fleet Foxes Helplessness Blues, I felt like it is in the mold of CSN&Y and Simon and Garfunkel but they put their own modern spin on it. I will check Doctor Dog out. Thank you for your post:)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 9:33:39 AM PST
H&L says:
Porcupine,

Here is a short bio on The Love Me Nots, I'd like what I heard when I sampled some of their music.:)

http://www.fender.com/artists/artist.php?id=169

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 9:38:04 AM PST
H&L says:
Thanks Cyberian Husky,

I had as much fun making it as you enjoyed watching it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What song of yesteryear sounds like it would fit into today's top 40 or in the music scene 2014? 18 5 minutes ago
What Are You Listening To? (Volume Three) 730 11 minutes ago
A February 1967 matchup: "Younger Than Yesterday" by The Byrds or "Surrealistic Pillow" by Jefferson Airplane 32 15 minutes ago
A March 1973 matchup: "Houses Of The Holy" by Led Zeppelin or "Dark Side Of The Moon" by Pink Floyd 10 48 minutes ago
An October 1979 matchup: "Tusk" by Fleetwood Mac or "Regatta De Blanc" by The Police 13 2 hours ago
American Music And The British Invasion Part III 398 3 hours ago
What is your favorite best recorded Commercially bought cd. The best sounding remastered cd you ever bought. 37 5 hours ago
Roger Waters says "I was wrong" regarding Pink Floyd legal battles and says he will record a new solo album. 214 5 hours ago
Your one favorite Twiilight zone episode. I know it's not music but... 252 6 hours ago
What were the Last Five CD's You Purchased...(Be Honest). 4298 6 hours ago
Musicians whose whole was more than a sum of their parts 31 7 hours ago
Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassingly brilliant leaked audio clip 38 8 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  82
Initial post:  Oct 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions