Customer Discussions > Music forum

HELP! Elvis.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 6:18:53 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
All of them. Actually if you enjoy Gospel he has the best records of gospel ever recorded.
"Gospel music is the purest thing there is on this earth," Elvis Presley once said.
How Great Thou Art Audio CD has 16 great songs including grammy winner :"How great thou art"
Good place to start is Essential Elvis Presley CD

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 11:04:09 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
We can only thank God that you are not a film critic. SO your opinion is just that. And not a very honest one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 10:58:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2013 11:02:15 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roh2vIM_EAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_cStbirsCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeLdF7ONGts

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 7:04:45 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
He is !He is performing in Heaven for Jesus his idol.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 7:03:46 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Elvis Presley fans from as far as Japan and Brazil gathered Tuesday in Memphis to sing "Happy Birthday" to the rock 'n' roll icon on the day he would have turned 78.
He may be in a town near you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 3:36:34 PM PST
I posted this on the wrong Elvis thread. I get so confused sometimes.

Anyway, Elvis liked Hawaii because it was the farthest the Colonel would allow Elvis to go (outside the army) that was still on American soil.

I actually like most of his Hawaii stuff. "Blue Hawaii" is one of my favorite films of his. I can actaully see him enjoying himself in this one.

"Paradise, Hawaiian style" however, is just silly.

Another of Elvis' color movies that I rate highly is "Follow that dream".

This was the closest Elvis came to acting like who he really might have been.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 3:22:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 3:25:43 PM PST
alysha25 says:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELVIS!

I'm ashamed to admit I have no Elvis on my computer or ipod. But I found this CD in my husband's collection -"Elvis An Afternoon in the Garden".

It reminds me a bit of the Hawaii Concert you posted. It's a 1972 Madison Square Garden Concert, so that was the year before the Hawaii one. And it caught my eye that it starts with the same "2001: A Space Odyssey" intro. That seems odd for Elvis, but he must have liked it! And the playlist is shorter but seems to have a lot of the same songs .

The new Hawaii Concert release looks like a great CD. Probably be cool to see it on DVD, too bad That is out of print.

If Elvis were still alive in some alternate universe, I wonder if he'd still be performing, or making albums at 78?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 3:14:55 PM PST
stevign says:
re: "Another sign of the apocalypse: people are actually sitting around waiting and hoping for ELVIS FAN to appear"

LOLOLove it. I especially like it when he shows up with his cross and wearin' his best polyester Elvis suit. He sets up his little ladder, climbs up there and his assistant nails him to it. Then it begins, he starts preachin' the Word of Elvis. "CAN I GET A WITNESS?" You gotta admit, the man does know how to draw a crowd.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 2:59:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 3:00:21 PM PST
ELVIS FAN says:
Happy Birthday ELVIS ! YOU ARE THE GREATEST ! and you are also 78 TODAY!

Looks like the King's love for Hawaii lives on... Elvis's birthday is today and it's marked by a new CD release commemorating his legacy in Hawaii.

"Aloha From Hawaii via Satellite: Legacy Edition" marks the 40th anniversary of the one-hour satellite broadcast Elvis made from the Honolulu International Center Arena (now known as the Blaisdell Arena) in January 1973.

Putting it in some perspective, the show marked the first time that a full-length concert was broadcast around the world. It broke records, reaching over 40 countries with a viewing audience of roughly 1.5 billion people worldwide.

The release package is the first time that the Aloha From Hawaii via Satellite show will be coupled with The Alternate Aloha, another live performance. The double-CD package will be available March 19, 2013 through RCA/Legacy.

There has never been, not now or ever will be anyone to compare to Elvis. His range of vocals far surpasses any other entertainer bar none. I love his music!

Elvis Presley fans from as far as Japan and Brazil gathered Tuesday in Memphis to sing "Happy Birthday" to the late rock 'n' roll icon on the day he would have turned 78.

Hundreds of Elvis devotees watched as 13-year-old Isabella Scott cut a birthday cake on the lawn at Graceland, the singer's longtime Memphis home. Scott heads an Internet-based Elvis fan club with more than 2,000 members.

The mayors of Memphis and Shelby County also read a proclamation of Elvis Presley Day during the ceremony, which was attended by fans from Brazil, England, France, Japan, Spain and the U.S.
Now over 50 years he still is the greatest artist who ever lived and still growing number of fans celebrate his music and his birthday!
Long live the King of Rock n' Roll who broke down every barrier so other artists could walk through!
Nobody singular or group Revolutionized the way we see and hear music, and no one ever will. He still is on top of the world!

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:03:03 PM PST
Elvis stole the no-string guitar bit from Madonna....Foul!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:27:04 PM PST
Hinch says:
He was almost as good with the uke as he was on a guitar with no strings.

http://youtu.be/r4wlVfF7DgA

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 6:23:05 PM PST
Nah, that was goofy.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 6:19:56 PM PST
Minnie Uke?
Wasn't she Mickey's girlfriend?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:01:20 PM PST
Lest we forget Queenie Wahines Papaya from "Paradise, Hawiian style":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo1VyM5TEnY

Very few people give Elvis fair due for his expertise on the minnie uke.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 3:52:11 PM PST
Hinch says:
.....or if you want the hits Original Album Classics 2

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 3:50:02 PM PST
Hinch says:
I agree! Great album! How about this?

Original Album Classics

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 3:29:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 3:30:29 PM PST
Dee Zee says:
Start at the beginning.
His first album.
Elvis Presley - Legacy Edition

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:37:31 PM PST
Hinch says:
How 'bout some fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 12:50:14 PM PST
Yeah that "Fat Elvis" LIVE!!! is the only way to go.
A tub of fried chicken dipped in chocolate and big E is heaven in a golfcart!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 9:38:12 AM PDT
I already have this one. It is Elvis Fan's favorite! Aloha Viva!

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 8:03:38 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
Get some "Fat Elvis" LIVE!!!
"Aloha From Hawaii" is a good one to start with.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 7:58:20 AM PDT
Stephen,
I agree with you. IMO, the best way to get into Elvis is the way that most of us did. Start with Heartbreak Hotel, and his 1950's RCA hits. Then go back to his original Sun records. Though Elvis made some good music later, I think his 50's music is by far his best.
John

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 6:44:45 AM PDT
doodah man,

Thanks for the morning chuckle...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 5:54:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012 5:59:02 AM PDT
club 7 says:
doodah man: i haven't been paying attention to this elvis man so im' not familiar but i was looking for a more expansive collection than the 30 1#'s that would cover his whole career but something that would do a fine job of covering the sun and rca 50's years as those ultimately are my favorite from the king.
i've always been more of a Beatles fan but i'm starting to acquire a liking for elvis.
truly a great singer and certain moments truly define what rock n' roll singing is all about (jailhouse rock, one night etc...)
i ended up finding the artist of the century still in shrinkwrap for a dollar and i thought it's hard to believe so hopefully it will turn out to be that and not boxcar willie does elvis.
i am interested in getting from elvis in memphis as i heard it's amazing and also to get some of his other albums outside of compilations. what other albums are great top to bottom?

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 4:37:12 AM PDT
You do indeed need a collection of his Sun recordings as others suggested as well. While many people sight this as Elvis's best period I don't think it is the place to START. I am not saying these are not classic and important recordings because they are. I just think if I wanted to introduce someone to Elvis I would start with some of the obvious biggies like Heartbreak Hotel, Jailhouse Rock, All Shook Up, ETC. THEN, after they devoured that I would suggest the Sun recordings. Of course one may make a sound argument they those Sun records came first and should be introduced first and that well may be correct. But I think that they may be appreciated even more by going backwards and starting with the classic RCA stuff. I actually tend to listen to the Sun stuff even more because I don't hear it nearly as often. Either way, these are great examples of early rock n roll!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Musicians whose whole was more than a sum of their parts 7 3 minutes ago
What Are You Listening To? (Volume Three) 694 12 minutes ago
Remembering The Brothers Gibb. . Yes The Bee Gees.. 162 13 minutes ago
What were the Last Five CD's You Purchased...(Be Honest). 4295 16 minutes ago
Create a 4-album box set (as in LP record albums) of perfect album sides by sixties artists who were successful in the seventies... 23 19 minutes ago
American Music And The British Invasion Part III 303 24 minutes ago
Roger Waters says "I was wrong" regarding Pink Floyd legal battles and says he will record a new solo album. 148 29 minutes ago
An October 1979 matchup: "Tusk" by Fleetwood Mac or "Regatta De Blanc" by The Police 0 40 minutes ago
Your Favorite Joyous Songs 52 50 minutes ago
Audiophiles...name your front speakers. 2164 58 minutes ago
Grateful Dead live albums 60 1 hour ago
Pink Floyd new music? 137 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Oct 30, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions