Customer Discussions > Music forum

A word of caution when buying music from "marketplace sellers".

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 22, 2012 2:39:40 PM PST
Grandpa Tom says:
Hi:

I need to add praise for i-deals store. Looking back, I have purchased a significant number of items from them through the last couple years. I just took delivery of a cd today that was ordered Dec. 16. Excellent secure packing, tracking always provided, and great prices also. Never had to contact them, so can't comment on customer service replies, however, I bet it's excellent.

All the best,
GT

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 2:17:17 AM PST
If I have one less than great encounter with a certain seller, I don't usually go back to them.
I haven't ordered from Movie Mars since.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:42:17 PM PST
Import and MovieMars are both great when they get it right, but on the rare occasion they get it wrong they can both be a supreme hassle to deal with.

One thing I've found is that used cds from Zoverstock are usually as good as new.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:56:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 9:53:22 PM PST
I only had one experience with Movie Mars, and it wasn't so good.
I ordered a CD by The Zombies, and received instead a cheap looking DVD, an old Hollywood World War 2 movie.
I had to send it back - at a cost - and Movie Mars/Amazon would only agree to pay $10.00 for the cost of sending it back. It cost me $10.76 to send back, so I was 76 cents out of pocket.
Only 76 cents, I know, but still 76 cents out of pocket and no item that I ordered.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 7:20:28 AM PST
Hip O Critic says:
Import CD's are very much my preferred seller. I live an hour south of Perth, which apart from Honolulu is probably the most remote city in the world. Import CD's despatch orders promptly and because they are on the West Coast of the USA, orders arrive quickly via Sydney to Perth on the opposite coast. Unbelievably I have received orders within 6 days from Import CD's and at worst slightly less than a fortnight.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:20:25 PM PST
I'll go with the flow: MovieMars rocks!! ImportCD is also very good.

I've also enjoyed dealing with marvello, zoverstocks and the I-Deals store. But even if I pay a dollar or two more, I'll usually go with a store I can trust. When MovieMars has something I want, I usually go with them, even if it costs a bit more.

I always provide feedback recommending them without reservation.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:11:42 AM PST
Hinch says:
Gena

I usually order from Movie Mars if possible. I've never had a problem and they're always speedy and well packaged. If I receive a product 5 or 6 days after ordering that's fast imo. Some sellers take a couple weeks or even longer.

I've also ordered from ImportCD and have had no problems.
The last couple of times I ordered directly from their website. I usually get a good price.

I ordered from GoHastings in the past but it's been a while. I had a problem and haven't ordered from them since. They sent the wrong product. One problem will stop me from ordering from a seller again.

There's nothing I hate worse than returning an item. I ended up keeping the wrong item. I just wont order from them again.

I live in TN, and if possible, I order from sellers in Ohio, Kentucky and other surrounding areas. Now and then I've ordered from one in TN. I've received product in as few as 2 days.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 11:44:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 11:44:53 AM PST
Gena Chereck says:
Yeah, I'm not so sure about using MM again, either. If you have to remind the seller about your order after the estimated shipping time has passed... :p

ImportCDs, on the other hand, I've already used again (to order a DVD as a Christmas gift) -- they were just as reliable as last time. :)

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 11:01:05 AM PST
Record club CD's are indeed of lower manufacturing quality, and you can actually HEAR the difference.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 7:26:26 PM PST
Just out of curiosity, what is the problem with "record club"CD's? Are they of lower manufacturing quality than other CD's?

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 4:49:34 PM PST
Grandpa Tom says:
Good evening:

I must update my buying experiences from AMAZON Marketplace sellers within the past few days.

Movie Mars, whom I praised in prior posts, has disappointed me for the last time. 6 Days between order and payment to shipment for 1 cd. Another 5-8 business days to arrive. To me, inexcusable for an in-stock item. I have been patient in the past, overlooking a delay of a day or 2, but no more. They have lost me forever as a customer, yet I know they'll somehow survive. I hate negativity, yet I do not tolerate non-response.

Interestingly, Marvielo, another seller, has performed identically and also ignored my inquiries.

Further, to end on a positive note, several sellers have performed beyond excellent during my many November and December purchases. Import Cd's still is heads-and-shoulders above all others for speed, accuracy, and exceptional customer service.

Hope the above is helpful,

GT

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 12:17:51 PM PDT
Gena Chereck says:
:D

It finally shipped out this afternoon. Woohoo!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2012 6:14:18 AM PDT
Severin says:
It could mean that the guy who should be processing your order is busy working on his still instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 2:42:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2012 6:11:11 PM PDT
Gena Chereck says:
I'll try that, then. Thanks! :)

EDIT: I was told it's "still processing," but if my order status doesn't change in the next week or so, I can let them know and they'll look into it again...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 2:19:07 PM PDT
Gina
This happened to me once with them. I e-mailed them and it got shipped right away.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 2:01:30 PM PDT
You bring up a great, and very valid, point about a disc's description at Marketplace. 99% of my music purchases through Amazon are through their Marketplace and my satisfaction with my transactions is just about that percentage, too. But an open flame on my butt cheeks burns my a$$ less than making a purchase then--RATS!!!--seeing that "CRC" logo, BMG barcode, or anything that indicates promo on the jewelbox/notes/disc!!! I feel so dooped and have no problem sending a rotten e-mail to the seller in addition to leaving negative feedback. I do not accept the I-didn't-know defense, either. It's not my problem that a seller isn't witting before making listings. To collectors and audiophiles these items are second rate, and selling them at Amazon is underhanded. Occasionally I clean out my collection and find titles I wish to sell in Marketplace and always state this: NOT a promo, NOT a cut-out, NOT from a record club.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 1:32:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2012 1:33:50 PM PDT
Gena Chereck says:
Re: ImportCDs, I ordered a CD from there about 4 years ago and got it within 5 days; the 2 new discs I just ordered a few days ago will probably take twice as long to arrive (from California to Nebraska), but 10 days is still pretty reasonable considering the distance...

Re: MovieMars, in the past 5 years or so, I've ordered maybe 2 DVDs from there, and received them no later than a week after placing my order. But just this past Monday morning, I ordered a CD from MM, and as of Thursday afternoon my order still says "Shipping Soon." I wonder if this is standard for MM now?

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 5:57:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 12:50:39 PM PDT
I order about 90% of my music through Amazon marketplace - it's almost always cheaper, and I feel I'm helping the small business economy a little. I've had a small number of issues with cutouts, etc., but I've always been able to return any problem stuff. I've used blowitoutahere and moviemars a lot, and have been happy with both. I try to order from a state close to where I live, and find doing so usually results in much quicker service than orderering through Amazon direct - in fact, I've ordered from Amazon with the free shipping and they haven't even SHIPPED OUT for a week! The marketplace vendors are usually small enough to care about customer service, and get that stuff out right away - and it's often cheaper with shipping than Amazon prices without.

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:51:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2012 7:51:40 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
My copy of Love Beach had a hole drilled through it...for $1.98 what else could I expect!

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 7:50:25 AM PDT
EvenSteven says:
80's fan....I hear what you are saying.
In some cases, consider yourself lucky that the product you have received is at least not a "bootleg".

Happy hunting 1 & all.

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 9:38:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2012 11:09:22 AM PDT
I actually love Goodwill. I feel like i'm making a donation as well as getting a CD. I got the deluxe Monterey Pop DVD from Seattle Goodwill years ago and it was in perfect condition. If something i even half want is being sold by Goodwill i buy it.

The only real problems i've had was twice within a week i received Municipal Public Library CD's. That was a bummer. Both sellers made no note about it and i felt like i was getting stolen stuff.

The few times i've received stuff from England they are very delayed and one time the CD never came. Geographically i always try to get stuff closest to me.

But the amount of CD's and DVD's i've gotten through Amazon resellers is sickening really and almost always it works out fine. Pretty great, almost too easy system for a music addict like me.

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 12:48:49 PM PDT
Lots of folks recommending Import CDs and Movie Mars..I've never had a problem with either and they usually have the lowest prices.

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 10:13:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2012 10:19:54 AM PDT
Eddie H. says:
I have had problems in the past with some sellars...I have great service that exceeded my expectation and those are the ones I buy from even if they are little more money....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 9:47:10 AM PDT
dwood78 says:
I've been buying DVDs & CDs from importcds for over 4 years & I'm yet to encounter a bad order or have issues with them shipping my items. They're not a perfect seller (who is), but with a 98% positive feedback rating (with over 2 million total ratings), they are one of the best outside of ordering from Amazon.com proper

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 3:46:27 PM PDT
I've had pretty good luck with most sellers so far.

I fourth the recommendation of Movie Mars.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
The "Greatest" Guitar Riff? 37 44 seconds ago
You'd think it would be easy to list 5 favorite albums from the 60's but... 25 1 minute ago
The Rolling Stones-- Let It Bleed....The Who--Who's Next..Battle Rock Royalty WOW!! 342 5 minutes ago
Bob Dylan Complete Basement Tapes out in November 59 13 minutes ago
Women Of Country Music 209 18 minutes ago
Make an album of nothing but title tracks... 47 18 minutes ago
More Dylan vs Beatles : What was the bigger "shakeup" - Dylan going Electric (Highway 61 Revisited) or the Fabs fthrowing aside "Beatlemania" and turning the creative limits of the studio upside down (Strawberry Fields Forever / Pepper)? 132 21 minutes ago
Kate Bush: Before The Dawn shows 9 23 minutes ago
A February 1967 matchup: "Younger Than Yesterday" by The Byrds or "Surrealistic Pillow" by Jefferson Airplane 60 29 minutes ago
What Are You Listening To? (Volume Three) 1918 29 minutes ago
American Music And The British Invasion Part III 3453 43 minutes ago
The Kinks 1126 56 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  Jul 21, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions