Customer Discussions > Music forum

Madonna , immaculate collection remastered,, anyone else excited?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-38 of 38 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:46:05 PM PST
B. rogers says:
Garion...oh, I know you're not saying "I'm wrong"...that's why I prefaced my response with the obligatory "Different Strokes". And while our tastes differ I *do* wholeheartedly agree that Madonna is a multi-faceted "package". That's not a bad thing...in fact...it makes her iconic and unique.

There's only ONE Madonna!

;)

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:32:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 8:43:59 PM PST
Already made my own "Immaculate Collection" on my iTunes - it runs 28 tracks, I used the original remastered albums, and it also includes 10 extended dance mixes, and it's missing NONE of her remarkable string of hits from "Everybody" to "Rescue Me".

The original "Immaculate Collection" was a decent collection, but marred by the dreadful edits, the glaring omissions, and the horrible Q-sound "surround" mixes. Better to make my own than to keep buying substandard crap from record companies that won't give us what we want, anyway. Plus, all my friends want copies, which I supply for FREE so THEY won't have to buy substandard crap from record companies that won't give us what we want, anyway.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 3:21:44 AM PST
D. Mok says:
> Plus, all my friends want copies, which I supply for FREE

Yeah. That's called "pirating".

As for record companies not giving you what you want: a) Nobody forced you to buy The Immaculate Collection; b) How do you think you got the original remastered editions? They were released.

If you think records are overpriced (even when each song costs 1/6 of a Starbucks latte), if you think concerts are too expensive, DON'T BUY.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 4:09:32 PM PST
Every Madonna greatest hits has glaring omissions, sadly. But it could be seen as a good thing...when even the 36-track Celebration can still have omissions, it just means she's got more amazing hits than is physically possible to release in a 2-disc set!

And yeah...I wouldn't brag about making free copies for your friends on the internet.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:47:33 PM PST
That's called pirating if I charge money for it.

If I give them away, they're called 'gifts'. Once I pay for it, I can burn a thousand copies and give them away.

And if she's got more amazing hits than is physically possible to release in a 2-disc set, then why not put out a 3-disc set?

If they did this right, people would flock to it. Instead, they give you 3/4 of what you'd want. No wonder people download.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:14:19 PM PST
D. Mok says:
> That's called pirating if I charge money for it.
> If I give them away, they're called 'gifts'. Once I pay for it, I can burn a thousand copies and give them away.

WRONG.

http://www.riaa.com/physicalpiracy.php?content_selector=What-is-Online-Piracy

"Criminal copyright infringement including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to 5 years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000."
- FBI Anti-Piracy Warning

Enjoy your jail time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 12:35:46 PM PST
"And if she's got more amazing hits than is physically possible to release in a 2-disc set, then why not put out a 3-disc set?"

Because first of all, 3-disc sets are more expensive. Secondly, the target audience of a greatest hits package isn't gonna want to sit through three discs of hits. That's overkill. Dedicated fans would in a heartbeat, but not casual fans.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 2:17:49 PM PST
D. Mok says:
> Secondly, the target audience of a greatest hits package isn't gonna want to sit through three discs of hits.

Of course it's possible to release a three-disc set. It's just a different format -- it would be geared towards the boxed-set customer, who is comprising a larger and larger share of CD buyers. People are shelling out less money for single albums, preferring MP3 downloads, while boxed sets have retained and grown its small yet avid target customer base. Madonna has more than enough hits for a boxed set.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 8:19:25 AM PST
B. rogers says:
Hasn't Madonna had more top 40 singles than any other artist in history?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:39:04 AM PST
It figures that sheeple believe the FBI disclaimer on the backs of CDs.

There's something called "intellectual property rights" that ensures that I would never be charged for doing what I do-all they can do is issue a "cease and desist" letter, which I, of course would ignore.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:05:18 PM PST
B. rogers says:
It's strange that this is your answer to my question of whether Madonna has had more Top-40 singles than any other artist.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:40:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 7:44:53 PM PST
D. Mok says:
> There's something called "intellectual property rights" that ensures that I would never be charged for doing what I do

You know *nothing*. "Intellectual property rights" is precisely why you're not allowed to duplicate and distribute copyrighted works. Just making ONE copy is piracy. The only leeway there is would be if you made an MP3 from a CD, for your own personal listening purposes. But if you gave the MP3 to 50 people, that's piracy and illegal distribution. If you made "thousands of copies", as you're bragging, you will have no defense against accusations of illegal distribution.

> all they can do is issue a "cease and desist" letter

Wrong. They can choose to sue you and pursue punitive damages as well. This is precisely what the RIAA did with Napster users who put thousands of files online for millions of strangers to download, and thought that if they weren't profiting from their piracy, they couldn't be held liable. Instead, those users were liable for five, six figures in damages -- a fine for every single instance of their illegal distribution. And I say, they deserved it -- it's thievery based on personal greed.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 1:00:15 PM PST
Yup. And I think Madonna herself actually sued a fan for distributing one of her new (at the time) singles, and won.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
The Music Of Our Lives 6436 8 seconds ago
What Are You Listening To? (Volume Three) 4062 16 minutes ago
Short but impactful careers in music 29 21 minutes ago
Musical Mt. Rushmore 37 23 minutes ago
Song Game...10 songs where.... 4835 1 hour ago
Favorite 2014 Albums? 175 2 hours ago
Long Careers in Music 46 2 hours ago
Favourite Female Artists 1715 3 hours ago
Christmas Playlists! 30 3 hours ago
The Mount Rushmore of Music 103 4 hours ago
Top Artists on iPod Device? 29 13 hours ago
Most compelling line in a song. 2626 14 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions