Customer Discussions > Music forum

Hardest songs by a soft rock group/ artist.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 91 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:45:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 5:19:30 PM PST
Nights Are Forever - England Dan/John Ford Coley
Who Loves You - The Four Seasons
Love Gone By - Dan Fogelberg

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 1:52:44 PM PST
Fischman says:
Dan Fogelberg:
As the Raven Flies
Missing You
The Power of Gold

Another Bread tune:
Truckin'

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 9:42:13 PM PST
Jump Into The Fire - Harry Nilsson

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 11:19:14 PM PST
Hinch says:
Music Lover

I agree. Those albums from the Kath years are great. These are my favorites.

Chicago Transit Authority

Chicago II

Chicago III

Chicago VII

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:13:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 7:35:27 AM PST
Eddie H. says:
Back Home--The Bee Gees
In My Neighborhood-The Bee Gees
Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress-The Hollies
Jump into the Fire-Nilsson

Eddie

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:27:48 AM PST
Chazzzbo says:
I took a liking to "You Really Rock Me" by Nick (Hot Child In The City) Gilder. It's kinda weird. The verses are still standard pop for Gilder, but the chorus is a glam rock masterpiece (imo).

(You Really) Rock Me

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:48:01 PM PST
Miami Nights says:
"Sycamore Leaves" by a-ha. A good addition to one's Halloween music compilation.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 1:55:44 PM PST
ED S. says:
"Lido Shuffle"-Boz Scaggs

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 2:00:06 PM PST
ED S. says:
"Make A Move On Me"-Olivia Newton-John
"Raised On Robbery"-Joni Mitchell

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 2:01:54 PM PST
Music Lover says:
Robert Palmer's Bad Case Of Loving You is pretty heavy compared to most of his other hits

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 2:35:51 PM PST
ED S. says:
Hey, Hey! You Got me thinking....How about Robert Palmer;

"Simply Irresistable"

"She's so fine
There's no telling where the money went"

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 2:41:06 PM PST
Aqualung says:
"Devil Woman" - Cliff Richard

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 3:00:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2012 3:06:09 PM PST
ED S. says:
"Goodbye, I love You"-Firefall (the "You are the Woman") group

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 3:05:30 PM PST
ED S. says:
"Vahevala" or "Your Mamma Don't dance"-Loggins & Messina

Hey, they are heavier than "Pooh Corner"!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 1:46:52 AM PST
MC Zaptone says:
Fine Time, I'd say this is a much heavier Robert Palmer tune made with Lowell George (Little Feat) and The Meters. So much better than all that synth pop he made in the eighties.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 4:38:35 AM PST
This Wheels On Fire-The Byrds. The Byrds made many great albums even through their unpopular period. They explored several styles of music but they did not venture too much into a heavy or hard rock style. But they did on this track! A runner up would be Tiffany Lamp which sounds a lot like Jumpin Jack Flash! These tracks were so good, wish they had done a few more harder edge songs.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:00:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 6:04:39 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Face the Fire and Phoenix--Dan Fogelberg
I worked at an A/C station at the time and both of those songs were good to go...so I skipped the "longer than there've been phishes in the ocean" crap and played one of the other two...plus I played the song Tullimore Dew which was an accoustic intro to Phoenix...after all the Abba and Manilow those songs sounded gooooood...as did Christopher Cross' "Ride Like the Stupid Wind"...it's all a matter of perspective and survival I guess.

(I truly do feel like the biggest pu$$y for liking "Ride"...still do!)

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:14:03 AM PST
Nothing wrong with Christopher Cross. His second album still rates high on my list. And Michael Omartian is an amazing producer. Guilty pleasure, I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:15:03 AM PST
zlh67 says:
I was thinking Billy Joel too, but more along the lines of "Big Shot". Not only rocking music, but the lyrics are pretty vicious.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:20:27 AM PST
vivazappa says:
zlh: Different subject--I finally got Queen Live at the Bowl...Hot Space Tour...I like it...the Hot Space stuff fits in nicely with the Flash tunes...maybe I'll be a convert to the whole studio record...yeah sure.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:58:05 AM PST
zlh67 says:
Yeah, that's a good set. The live version of "Staying Power" from that show absolutely rips. I still like the studio version too, but for different reasons (the horns, mainly). The live version rocks it up quite a bit though and is very cool. John Deacon plays 2nd guitar on a Telecaster. I love Freddie's intro imploring the crowd to just chill about freaking out over the dance vibe of many of the new songs and whether or not Queen had lost their ability to "rock". "People get so excited over these things! It's only a bloody record...."

And love or hate the album, that '82 tour was the last really good one imo. After '82 they'd take a long break and come back with the Queen-by-numbers "Works" album and their live shows became more and more about 1980 and forward with less and less of their classic 70's stuff. Still a good live band, but for me Queen's best on album and stage was 1973-1982.

As for the Hot Space album itself, it is what it is. If ya don't like funk/r&b styled music, you'll probably never like much of that one, but Queen fans like me who appreciate that genre find Hot Space to be a nice chapter in the Queen story, unlike anything else they ever did before or after. It clearly ain't for everybody though!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:01:01 AM PST
I have to agree with 'Mother Freedom' by Bread.
Here's the Link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeMrK1aDyik

John

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:40:04 AM PST
Mother Freedom is a great song. Another pretty good rocker by Bread is Let Your Love Go. I realize these rockers did not do nearly as well as the softer tracks but I always liked the blance it initally gave the albums. I wish they had done a few more rock type things.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:51:05 AM PST
viva,

To me, all of the Hot Space songs sound better on Live At The Bowl. It helped me to appreciate Hot Space more than I had but that said it is still my least favorite Queen album. I do love Under Pressure though.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:24:18 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Under Pressure is a great song!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  45
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions