Customer Discussions > Music forum

M.S. music Truce!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 8:55:52 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 20, 2012 3:02:53 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:49:33 PM PST
Working Man says:
That is very Christian of you. But you have to take some responsibility for what's going on here too. I have not been trashing Meade Skelton, but I have read many of the posts and I have defended other types of music. The below passage from one of your threads attacks pop and rock music. I am a long time fan of rock music and I am also a Christian. I view rock music as entertainment and even when it seems evil it is still just entertainment, like a horror movie. Country music is has it's share of less than Christian values, such as drinking, adultery, etc.

"Everyone seems to suggest Country music is the worst genre of music? Hell, no. Even the worst Country music is not near as bad as the hideousness of bland Rock and Pop music , and I'm talking about yes everything from the Beatles and Stones to today's Lady Gaga and all the other hit makers. Its soulless,terrible music that probably plays in hell. The reason Country music today sounds bad, is because its trying to copy those horrible sounds and styles to appeal to the masses. "

My point here is that you need to respect other peoples tastes in music as well as their beliefs. As a Christian, you need to forgive and you need take responsibility and recognize that comments like the one you've posted above generate strong emotions and responses. If you're going to say rock music sucks then you need to be able to take the responses. If you were not so damning of rock and pop then promoting Meade Skelton might have not been met with such negative responses.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 12:52:04 PM PST
D. Mok says:
> I decided that the only Christian thing to do is forgive people.

You, forgive us? For lying to us and spamming non-stop? I don't think so.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:03:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 1:11:48 PM PST
<<<I will not talk about Meade anymore, if Brian will remove his nasty reviews. >>>
so there are conditions on cleaning up your own side of the street.
Sounds like what passes for being 'Christian' in the 21st century.

ever think that if you stopped spamming, other people wouldn't have anything to react negatively to?
without the obnoxious promotion that has taken place in this forum, most of us would never have heard of Meade Skelton and would have no reason of to think anything of him let alone wish him ill will.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:17:45 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 15, 2012 1:18:14 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 2:13:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 2:13:57 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:51:43 PM PST
D. Mok says:
> Brian has still not deleted his bad reviews.

Because your garbage "apology" means diddley squat to us. If Brian deletes his negative reviews, I'll copy and paste them and post them with a new name. Which is no more than what you've done, Skelton.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:00:51 PM PST
Dan White never will!!!!! You can post whenever and wherever you want... I don't care. I wouldn't make a deal with you Elvis Fan! My reviews are the truth. Get over it Elvis!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:08:32 PM PST
RE: I will not talk about Meade anymore, if Brian will remove his nasty reviews. That's what brought me here in the first place.

Nice to see a troll admit he's a troll.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 8:33:38 PM PST
stevign says:
There's too much fightin' goin' on here, but I know who has the solution..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv2rccyLYHk&feature=related

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:27:55 PM PST
That Meade Skelton stuff is some serious cheese!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:38:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 9:39:47 PM PST
After watching about 30 seconds of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sGZZQ4tpEI&feature=related I'm sure this whole thing is a put on.

"Meade" is following in the footsteps of Andy Kaufman rather than Slim Whitman.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 1:30:44 AM PST
Hinch says:
>>I decided that the only Christian thing to do is forgive people.<<

>>I will not talk about Meade anymore, if Brian will remove his nasty reviews. <<

>>if<<
The Christian thing to do would have been to not put a condition on it.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

I don't see an 'if' or 'unless' in there.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions