Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL
Customer Discussions > Music forum

Cloud Player unknown artists/albums

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 12, 2014 5:48:08 PM PDT
K. Joe-Yen says:
Problem still exists 7/12/2014

Posted on Jul 27, 2013 7:21:41 AM PDT
Matt says:
This problem still exists 7/27/2013

Posted on May 11, 2013 12:00:03 PM PDT
I just got the amazon cloud thing and the uploader. I tried to upload one playlist and only half the list was uploaded. I don't understand what's up. All the songs are from cd's that I put on my itunes. Is there something I'm not clicking? thanks

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 10:33:04 PM PST
T. Pyles says:
I know this thread is a little bit older, however, at the end of december this problem still exists. Now, part of my issue is I save all of my audio files in .wav format. With a .wav file, there is no ID3 tag. With that said, I am unable to copy my itunes library over to Amazon Cloud without getting the unknown artist. Does anyone know of a way to do this with .wav files? I have close to 10k songs and this issue renders my Amazon Cloud useless.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:15:25 AM PST
If you mean Mp3tag, that's bull. I've downloaded Mp3tag several times and have never had any trouble with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 7:03:57 AM PST
Don't go to that site, it leads you to install software absolutely loaded with SPAM and Adware. This post should be removed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 8:34:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012 8:46:10 AM PST
I found this problem happening with albums with different artists, such as Time-Life recordings and the Woodstock: 40 years on set, but also classical albums with different artists. This is what fixed it for me when editing the albums online in the Cloud Player, which is short of going back to the source files on my drive, using Mp3Tag, re-loading the files in Itunes, and uploading them again:

1. Name all ALBUM ARTISTS as "Various Artists". This is what the ALBUMS are sorted by. If you have 15 different artists as Album Artists, you'll have 15 albums. Name the ARTISTS whatever you want or leave them as specified.

2. Decide on a genre. Sometimes this will make a difference.

3. Make sure there's a disc number in the info, especially if there are multiple discs.

4. Make sure the date matches.

A pain, but it actually does work for me. Hopefully it will be of some help to others.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 11:23:17 AM PDT
Gary Desilet says:
Still, as I have uploaded over 33,000 songs over a significant period of time, it would be really difficult and extremely time consuming to play this game. Amazon should definitely provide a fix. It is almost as bad as the flawed filenames that Apple and iTunes still subscribe to with Gracenote. Somehow I believe the mentality of the application owners is related...

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 7:40:18 PM PDT
Paul Grant says:
I am having a similar problem - but only for the android cloud player app. I have music in the cloud, correctly tagged and with the correct artwork. But when I download the music to my Samsung Galaxy, I get the unknown artist problem.

My best guess is that it's the app that's the problem.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 10:53:21 AM PDT
blondy2061h says:
All of my artists/titles are good, but for a lot of my albums they're listed 3 separate times with a few tracks from the album in each listed album. So annoying. And forget about albums with different artists- split so that every song is a different "album."

Posted on May 15, 2012 12:43:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012 12:43:56 PM PDT
Bobobobob says:
I had the same problem. Disk 1 of a two-disk album was fine and Disk 2 mp3s came up as unknown artist/unknown album. Blerg.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 8:34:47 AM PDT
Jacob P Daly says:
Amazon suffers from the strangest inertia where anything tech-related is concerned. They have low-level customer support employees who respond quickly to concerns and complaints and promise to forward the information to people who can do something about it (Amazon customer service is awesome). But nothing ever gets done nor is there ever any evidence that the responsible people are even aware of what's going on. This is such a simple problem that any other tech company would have addressed months ago. And one could list dozens of similar issues which simply never get resolved. Baffling in my opinion, especially when you face competitors like Apple.

Posted on May 4, 2012 8:23:37 AM PDT
D. White says:
Same here...incredibly annoying also that there isn't a single entry on this in the Amazon Cloud help.

They have got to know this is an issue. I'm a long time Amazon user (starting from back when they only sold books) and this is one of the most disappointing performances on their part that I can remember. So simple for them to provide an error message or provide an option to allow us to permit them to convert the ID3 tags as a part of the upload process or SOMETHING. The music function is effectively broken w/out this knowledge and the workaround provided by "specific person".

Amazon cloud music = Fail!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 10:58:57 AM PDT
Paul Bauer says:
Thank you! That did the trick.

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 10:29:24 AM PST
MWRuger says:
I am having the sane problem as others with the wrong or incorrect album art showing up. I convereted a albums that had the wrong art to mo3 and set the ID3 tages ver 2.2 and it still isn't right. I wont bother with anymore uploads till this is fixed.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 6:44:56 PM PST
So, I've just learned that music files have tags after ripping and uploading to Amazon more than 6000 files. As many here have confessed, a large number of these files show up as "unknown" or "various artist". I have read about mp3tag but am clueless how to even start. Many of my albums are clumped together in a single folder, ie: Bach, 5-6 separate albums, Jane Oliver, 4 separate albums in one folder. I just need to know how to start. In order to use mp3tag do I manually remove these albums from the folder they're in to the My Music folder first, before I select them to convert ? I'm willing to do most anything to accomplish this. I would really be appreciative if someone could walk me through the steps, or at least one step so I can take it from there.

Many thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 6:19:33 AM PST
Thank you! I was so annoyed to see all the supposed unknowns.

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 12:17:57 PM PST
Cord says:
I used Mp3tag v2.49a, selected all my music and used the convert Tag - Filename option and it fixed all the issues for me. This program is great. It allows me to make all the changes I want to my mp3s and does it much faster than iTunes. I also don't need to worry about iTunes reorganizing my music folder structure.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2011 2:00:22 PM PST
Wyatt Higbee says:
This is Malware

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 7:09:57 AM PST
Another thank you to J. Gray for the link to MP3Tag. I too have always organized my own MP3s using nothing but Windows Explorer and my own file naming convention. I find Amazon Cloud to be a bit limiting in sorting/grouping options, but at least now I have everything tagged and uploaded and can find the music I want. And I'm sure it will improve over time.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 7:31:22 AM PST
DFH says:
Big thanks to "person in MA" "Ed Battle" and others. I spent a fair bit of time on the phone with Amazon Cloud support, and they had no idea how to fix this, and you guys have figured it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 9:50:15 PM PST
Chris W says:
Thanks for the find on MP3Tag, J. Gray.

I don't keep all of my music in iTunes. Instead, I organize it in an archive on my server, then import into or remove from iTunes as needed (based on space on my iPod). With MP3Tag, I was able to immediately see all of the music files that had "bad" tags and re-save the tag information in a clean form in a bulk manner. After that, no problems with the Amazon Cloud.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 7:37:00 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 17, 2012 3:05:49 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 5:20:30 PM PDT
J. Gray says:
I had this problem with a few songs, but I don't use iTunes. I found this free download program that showed that some of the ID3v2.3 tags were "broken" and let me edit and fix them up.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2011 4:47:12 PM PDT
Richard says:
Worked for me as well
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
An East Coast Matchup: Springsteen's "Born To Run" or Billy Joel's "The Stranger"? 84 1 minute ago
A Late 80's Album Matchup From Two Of The Most Prolific Artists Of The Decade - Madonna's "Like A Prayer" or Prince's "Lovesexy"? 5 10 minutes ago
My Alternate Version of Dan Fogelberg's "The Innocent Age" (1981) 3 10 minutes ago
Who were the most technically gifted group of musicians? 59 11 minutes ago
Ted Nugent " It's A Free-For-All " 65 17 minutes ago
Funny Katy Perry pictures you probably never saw 2 20 minutes ago
Benny Hill considered funnier than Monty Python and Hill's show has many great musical numbers 286 23 minutes ago
Why do most people dicount rap and hip hop as music? 6298 23 minutes ago
"Elvis and the Beatles stole from black music." 563 26 minutes ago
Let It Bleed or Led Zeppelin (1969) 62 50 minutes ago
Song Game - Part II ... 10 songs where... 9737 51 minutes ago
What were the Last Five CD's You Purchased...(Be Honest). 4828 57 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Jul 27, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions