Customer Discussions > Music forum

Elvis Presley

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 1:07:03 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Gena...nice list! I like all of those. Elvis had lots of good songs. Sometimes its hard to think of all of them of the top of my head.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 1:12:13 PM PDT
Hinch says:
If someone wants to argue just for argument sake it can go on forever.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 1:26:48 PM PDT
Hinch,

Who knew that Elvis would be this controversial? I haven't had much to add but this thread has been a great read so far!

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 1:40:53 PM PDT
D. Mok says:
> frankly I would rather chop off my own leg and beat my head with it

So *do* it already. Nobody's stopping you.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 1:56:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 1:56:35 PM PDT
zlh67 says:
I just did. I'm going to post video of it on YouTube as soon as I dub the audio, which will be Yoko singing "Silly Love Songs".

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 2:17:09 PM PDT
That sounds like a riot, post a link!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 2:39:19 PM PDT
DKPete says:
zl...well said.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 2:55:28 PM PDT
DKPete says:
D. Mok...wow, brothter...double wow. First of all you're contradicting yourself EVERYWHERE. On the one hand you call Lennon, as a Beatle, dead weight, and on the other you say that he sacrificed his creative quality for Yoko. if he was dead weight to George and Paul, how do you figure he had creative quality? You're not making sense.

And even if he DID sacrifice anything, it was only for a portion of his creative output. The POB album, Imagine, Mind Games and Walls And Bridges are all JOHN LENNON albums; John lennon albums which you may hate and have the right to hate..but your hatred of them doesn't make them bad.

Not that this is any mind blowing news item, but, music is subjective-even Yoko's. You DO have a right to complain but what's the point?? And more contradiction: by the time the WCH compilation came out, we-including yourself-were familiar with all the material on it. if you hated it so much why did you go out and waste your money on the compilation???

You make no sense. Of course you will deny that. No problem.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 3:10:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 3:11:11 PM PDT
D. Mok says:
> On the one hand you call Lennon, as a Beatle, dead weight, and on the other you say that he sacrificed his creative quality for Yoko.

Yeah. He was dead weight, and with Yoko Ono he was dead weight times two, with even worse vocals. What contradiction? You wanted to see one because you wanted one to be there. Dog excretion smells, like John Lennon's music, but you can make it even more disgusting by garnishing it with vinegar.

> if you hated it so much why did you go out and waste your money on the compilation???

Because, unlike you, I have an open mind. I revisit music that I hate from time to time to see if I've changed my mind. Just because I haven't changed my mind about your precious John Lennon doesn't make it a futile endeavour. Over the years I've found that I've grown to like AC/DC, Barbra Streisand, Willie Nelson, Little Richard, Whitney Houston, Prince, Depeche Mode, Suzanne Vega, David Bowie -- all acts I wouldn't have listened to 15 years ago.

And I ain't your "brothter [sic]", palooka. What makes you think that degree of familiarity is warranted?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 3:22:20 PM PDT
DKPete says:
Firstly, how did you come to the conclusion that I don't have an open mind? You're being very presumptious in your anger, D. Mok; you know NOTHING about my musical tastes and you make a comment like THAT??

There are artists as well as individual songs I, also, would not have given the time of day to in the past and have grown, over the years, to appreciate them if not like them very much-how do The Carpenters strike you being played back to back with Zeppelin or Yes with The Cowsills?? Perhaps Ten years After coupled with the soundtrack of West Side Story might interest you??

yes, brethren, D. Mok...my interestes aren't limited to Lennon...but you go right ahead with your hatred and assumptions. It makes for a fun thread, i must say.

By the by, have you "met" ELVIS FAN?? It ends up the two of you have A LOT in common..which has to make me wonder......

Have a great day old buddy :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 3:28:51 PM PDT
DK-
that's why you never see the Sun & the Moon
in the sky at the same time.

Chris Griffin: "Cos they're the SAME!"

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 3:40:09 PM PDT
D. Mok says:
> you know NOTHING about my musical tastes and you make a comment like THAT??

Why do you think? You're the one who wrote this:

> And more contradiction: by the time the WCH compilation came out, we-including yourself-were familiar with all the material on it.

Says who?

> if you hated it so much why did you go out and waste your money on the compilation???

You're assuming once somebody hears something once, he hates it for life. Closed-minded, presumptuous, and arrogant about it, too. No wonder you're a John Lennon fan. Your personality is reflecting his. I hated Joanna Newsom's Ys, but I gave Have One on Me a chance. I may listen to them again in the future just to see if my opinion's changed. Some of us actually care about music and listen to it before dismissing what we dislike. And if somebody were to come up to me tomorrow with previously unheard John Lennon music, I'll listen before I judge. Because there's a chance I'll like it, and if that were the case, I'd re-evaluate my opinion of Lennon.

And get a spell checker. The Japenese may be "strictlers" who show "interestes" about album packaging, but you certainly aren't a stickler for language or good critical thinking.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 5:44:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 8, 2012 5:50:06 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 6:04:15 PM PDT
If you hated it the first time and wanted to check it out again, why didn't you just borrow a friend's (presuming you have any) copy and listen to it. Spending money on something you aren't sure about does not make a whole lot of sense wouldn't you say?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 6:27:43 PM PDT
DKPete says:
Enough time wasted. See ya :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 6:30:13 PM PDT
DKPete says:
Music Luver..don't waste your time. He completely ignored what I said in my previous post to him. If this guy isn't EF he does an award winning impersonation of him.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 6:49:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 6:57:15 PM PDT
In some ways he is worse than EF. EF just copies and pastes stuff and thinks he is impressing. This dude truly believes his vitriolic diatribe.

You know if you reverse D Mok and change the spelling and pronunciation a bit....

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 7:18:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 8:41:39 PM PDT
OK, I get it, Music Luver. That's very clever. The one thing I can't believe is this person is a member of Amazon Vine Voice program. Now that's pure koM D!

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 7:26:12 PM PDT
"Help!" I'm duckin' incoming John Lennon-Yoko Ono grenades!

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 8:15:34 PM PDT
What might the Amazon Vine Voice Program be?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:29:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 8:31:25 PM PDT
Poison Oak, Ivy, or Sumac, apparently...

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 12:23:52 AM PDT
He gets free stuff for writing Amazon reviews?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 12:31:46 AM PDT
Hinch says:
Besides, EF isnt always serious and can even be funny sometimes.

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 5:39:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2012 9:18:14 AM PDT
D. Mok says:
> Spending money on something you aren't sure about does not make a whole lot of sense wouldn't you say?

It does when you're like me, a filmmaker who needs a 50,000-song library to draw temp music from.
There are some artists whom I hate but have in the library anyway because of prominence and influence.

> how do The Carpenters strike you being played back to back with Zeppelin or Yes with The Cowsills?? Perhaps Ten years After coupled with the soundtrack of West Side Story
> might interest you??

Boo hoo. Three classic-rock acts, two vocal groups and one soundtrack. That's your idea of diversity? Try this.

"Midnight Cowboy", Faith No More
"The Tiger Moth/Gran'ma Dola", Joe Hisaishi
"Wavering Tune", Alan Tam
"Ya kelbi", Souad Massi
"Sherry", The Four Seasons
"Think of Me", Sarah Brightman
"Un homme a pleuré", Julie Masse
"Message Personnel (Arab Strap Remix)", Dot Allison
"Supremist", Slayer
"Geek the Girl", Lisa Germano
"Cut", Miranda Sex Garden
"Big Poppa", The Notorious B.I.G.
"Father Popcorn", The Negro Problem
"Zulu Wedding", Jennifer Batten & Tribal Rage
"Wenn ich nur ein Vöglein wär", The Bandits

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 6:16:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 9, 2012 8:37:19 AM PDT
What is the abbreviation for an obnoxious, egotistical Music elitist snob? Why it's D. Mok, of course! EDIT: And also argumentative. I don't know how I let that one get by me! SMH
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  84
Total posts:  2079
Initial post:  Aug 4, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 3, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions