Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback
Customer Discussions > Music forum

Bands Overlooked by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 107 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 10:28:16 AM PDT
JagdTiger says:
Cool!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 10:24:05 AM PDT
JagdTiger says:
Yeah, a nice soundtrack to his films, I think they did the audio for the movie demons for him too.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 10:20:39 AM PDT
JagdTiger says:
The rock and roll hall of fame is just bulsh?t and is not even a necessity, in a sense why even think it is important at all?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 10:06:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2016 10:29:16 AM PDT
JagdTiger says:
Abba yes, Madonna no, not at least before other bands.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 9:58:14 AM PDT
JagdTiger says:
Was 2112 really prog?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 9:51:29 AM PDT
JagdTiger says:
Did curved air get in?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 9:49:51 AM PDT
JagdTiger says:
They paid to get in?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 9:42:36 AM PDT
Working Man says:
Philip Wolf, I have never heard of "Mad River". What's their story? What kind of music do/did they play and when were they around?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 9:40:37 AM PDT
Working Man says:
JagdTiger, Deep Purple got inducted this year. Finally.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 9:26:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2016 10:27:34 AM PDT
JagdTiger says:
Ending wars and spreading peace, cmon!!!...just look around at the world today, the most it has done is profited off of society.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 9:18:19 AM PDT
JagdTiger says:
Why would he be blacklisted?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 9:17:47 AM PDT
JagdTiger says:
Yeah, purple should be in there.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2016 9:16:06 AM PDT
JagdTiger says:
Nazareth.

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 9:28:32 PM PDT
Working Man says:
This is an old thread and since Deep Purple are now in I have to revise my earlier list. Also, with some of the recent inductees I think it opens the door or at least lowers the bar a little so I am going to make some additions to my list.

1. Yes
2. Jethro Tull

Yes and Tull should have both been inducted years ago.

3. ELP
4. The Moody Blues
5. Bad Company and Free - If I am not mistake the The Small Faces and the Faces were inducted at the same time so why not Free and Bad Company, they are essential the same band with personnel changes.
6. Johnny Winter

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 4:53:55 PM PDT
Moby Grape
Mad River
Mott The Hoople

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2014 11:51:27 AM PST
"3. Sister Rosetta Tharpe"

YEAH!!!!!!!!

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 11:51:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2014 12:10:23 PM PST
The Sympathy vote is indeed a very big deal as Donna Summer (the queen of rock?) dies so they stuck her in there. Lou Reed, isn't alive now so they will find a place in the new wing that doesn't face Lake Erie they are planing to construct in 2023.

Al Kooper, is keeping the memory of his friend Michael Bloomfield alive 33 years after Mike's death in 1981 by producing that great box set last year. Michael, was one of the most influential and important guitar players of the sixties, it would make sense to put him in the HOF before they erect statues for Ritchie Sambora!

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 11:38:09 AM PST
I haven't read the whole thread, but as I posted elsewhere, the fact that Stevie Ray Vaughn and Rory Gallagher aren't in. And Leon Russell just got in last year? It's so obviously a political crock. Linda Ronstadt should have been in decades ago, but now the sympathy vote gets her in. Embarrassing. I thought inductees are supposed to have some influence on music. Abba?? Seriously.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 9:31:37 AM PST
Green eyed lady - I agree with all + Cheap Trick- Joe D

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 12:59:41 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 24, 2013 1:06:30 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 9:39:14 AM PST
Joe says:
Mick Abrams (ex original Tull)
Ten Years After
Savoy Brown
Quickslver Messenger Service

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 9:28:41 AM PST
Zolar Waka says:
Goblin! Now that would be a total coup! I would make another trip to commemorate such a thing!

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 7:54:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2013 7:55:16 AM PST
D. Mok says:
> You agree about the dance thing but then reject it because of evolution, comparing the evolution of the arts to
> that of science.

Fine. Dance used to be tribal, and often a means to prepare for battle. Does that mean ballet isn't dance? Country music started as a Southern form. Does that mean a singer from Pennsylvania can't do country? Is that clear enough for you? Jesus.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 7:28:53 AM PST
Severin says:
I know Goblin because they did the soundtrack to the Dario Argento horror film "Suspira". They did several others for him as well. Wikipedia calls them "an Italian progressive rock band".

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 7:17:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2013 7:18:01 AM PST
E. Dill says:
@D. Mok:

I've read your post several times and haven't a clue what you're trying to say.

You agree about the dance thing but then reject it because of evolution, comparing the evolution of the arts to that of science.

You reject my view that many (not all) fans seem wedded to the notion that real rock is hard with the guitar as the prominent instrument. Then you seem to suggest that I think that and you must remind me of artists like Coldplay and Goblin (who in the hell are they?), etc.

And I'm still puzzled by your <<that's not true either>> What either?

In every discussion about the Hall and their failures, the emphasis always seems to be about the dismissal of hard rockers and heavy metalists. Ok, and the prog crowd, too. The biggest critcism always seems to be directed toward Madonna. Often someone will suggest that someone like Sam Cooke is NOT rock n roll and then list 50 hard rockers/heavy metalists that ARE. That's their opinion just like yours is yours.

And thanks for informing me about what rock and roll relies on. I was so confused before. Gee, now that I think of it, thanks for the support for Madonna. After all, she has lots of attitude, rhythm and intensity of emotion. By God, she DOES belong in the Hall after all.

ed.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  107
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2012
Latest post:  22 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions