Customer Discussions > Music forum

I've heard the new Aerosmith and it's.....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 97 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 2:40:46 PM PST
That would be "Stained Class".

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 11:19:21 AM PST
I just wrote a review on my profile. First time i've written a negative one. But i hope it's more constructive than a slander. I usually think why bother if i don't dig something. But this time i had something to say beside, it's terrible. I think. ; )

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 3:32:12 PM PST
Stained Glass was my first Priest album, I got it in High School. Yes, great album!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 2:05:58 PM PST
Best Buy selling it for $5.99. For $4.99 you can get Judas Priest's Stained Class which is a GREAT album.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 1:07:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 1:32:16 PM PST
The time to have gotten it was last week when Amazon was selling it for $5.00

I haven't purchased a new Aeromsith album since 1987.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 1:05:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 1:06:06 PM PST
vivazappa says:
I better not regret it or one of you guys will owe me $12.99 plus tax ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 1:01:56 PM PST
viva,

The more I listen the more I like. I couldn't hear the groove at all the first few times I listened to it, but now I hear the groove and the lyrics. I am ready to say that this is a good album. There are still a few songs that fall flat for me. I don't think that you would regret getting it...

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 12:51:35 PM PST
vivazappa says:
Alright already!
Looks like I'm gonna hafta get it so I can put in my nominal 2 cents worth...

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 12:11:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 12:40:13 AM PST
Listened to the whole thing over the last couple of days. It's hard to get through for me. Lots of good production, some throwback stuff to their past. Big chorus', composed songs and overall just ok.

"Street Jesus" and "Can't Stop Loving You" are cool songs, i like 'em both.

"Something" is cool. "Freedom Fighter" kind of sounds like a Warren Zevon song lyrically and vocally, pretty cool. Both good songs.

The rest just go on and on. Not too much standout for me. Pop with rock and all the stuff they have done for years. Just not distinctive, to me.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 4:46:15 PM PST
I heard this on Youtube the other day and my first thought was

most of you here are smoking some bad crack.

So I bought it. And I CRANKED it.

Luv XXX ~ typical Aerosmith rocker
Oh Yeah ~ roots rock and roll
Beautiful ~ down and grity
Out Go The Lights ~ they have been listening to the Black Crowes
Legendary Child ~ typical Smith, maybe too typical
Street Jesus ~ rats in the street
Lover Alot ~ that's the ticket
Something ~ no, not the Beatles, just Joe playing with his thing
Closer ~ maybe the best of the bunch

There you have it. 9 tracks, 39 minutes [just like your old Creedence albums] and it gets better every time you hear it.
Reprograming is your friend.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:53:41 AM PST
AlexMontrose says:
I think they're working on another album already. It won't matter if it's good. What does matter is how many times they will say...it's just like the old stuff. When the new one comes out in 2014 there still will be enough people who believe that. Tyler's a good salesman...or we want to believe. It's getting much harder though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 8:17:10 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I actually re-purchased Permanent Vacation yesterday after having listened to the new album all weekend. My original copy got lost.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:01:10 AM PST
club 7 says:
it sux
give me rocks aerosmith lost their balls a long time ago and yes pump was their last very good album with not one clunker in the mix

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 5:55:32 PM PST
davyboy says:
I've heard the new Aerosmith and it's not the old Aerosmith.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 4:12:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 4:15:52 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
bass boy,

No, I was talking about a written review. I get this new releases email from the site and most the new albums they list, they have a review. Aerosmith was one of the feature albums on top, ofcourse...but no review. So yeah, that was strange. I've seen it happen occasionally on this site with some major releases. But I guess it's up now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 3:29:01 PM PST
I'm looking at it and it says 2.5 stars.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:41:39 PM PST
bass boy says:
Yeah, I don't think AMG gives star ratings anymore. They recently reviewed the new 2-disc release The Who "Live at Hull" - they discussed it - but didn't give a star rating. I did think that was odd.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 10:07:04 AM PST
All this talk about the new Aerosmith just made me breakout Toys in the Attic

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:19:08 PM PST
I am still trying to make up my mind as to what "Music From Another Dimension" is. I am trying to keep an open mind and give it several more listens before I make up my mind. I am struggling to like it. The last song, "Another Last Goodbye" is terrible. Does anybody like that song?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:59:28 PM PST
Agreed! Tattoo has definitely grown on me...one of my favorite albums of the year!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 12:24:34 PM PST
It took them a few days to post one because I've been checking and this was the first day I've seen it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:43:14 AM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Exile,

You know that's hilarious you mention AMG. I get an email from that site when they review new albums. And just yesterday when I got it, I clicked on the new Aerosmith and it just listed the songs, no review. Really PMO and I said how can they not review this? Maybe they corrected it.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:39:54 AM PST
AMG summed it up nicely saying it follows the 90s blueprint and while getting nothing wrong, it never quite feels right.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:29:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:37:49 AM PST
AlexMontrose says:
The reviews, the three or four I checked yesterday we're at best, just luke warm on the new 'Smith.

One guy said that in order to cave in to the commercial expectations of Aerosmith these days, they had to give us all the ballads, etc. And he would have liked to see/hear some of these songs before they tweaked them, made them more accessible, etc. Sometimes there's better music on the cutting room floor than what ends up on the record. Maybe that's the case here, maybe not.

Anyone heard any bonus songs yet...? ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:17:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:18:16 AM PST
People slagged the new Halen because of the single "Tattoo". Maybe its the weakest song on there but its grown on me and really, I played "Truth" yesterday and feel the same now as when it was first released and its a strong record. I just wish it weren't so compressed. I also played the original edition cd of VH 1 and wow, the dynamics at high volume were amazing.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  97
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions