Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL
Customer Discussions > Music forum

Oh, Oh, It's Christmas Season. Duck Season! Wabbit Season!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 7:28:28 AM PST
stevign says:
Hi Valerie. I'm doin' fine, thanks for asking. I assume you're all boxed out and ready for bed? It's 7:27 here and I'm heading out to do some fishing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 6:28:39 AM PST
Val H. says:
Love it! David Sedaris is one of the USA's national treasures. I saw him here earlier this year and it was a real privilege. It's now 1.30am here on Boxing Day and I'm just winding down from a long and busy day of celebrations. Trust yours are going well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:31:54 AM PST
stevign says:
Merry Christmas Valerie. Yes we Yanks enjoy our Christmas, except for the radical atheists. As the rest of us enjoy the festive season, build snowmen and enjoy the smiles on the faces of children as they open their presents, the atheists tend to go all apoplectic and try to have everything even remotely related to Christmas banned......even the tree and saying Merry Christmas. You would think they would at least be thankful there are not six to eight Black men stuffing children into a bag and stealing them away to Spain.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 12:10:53 AM PST
Val H. says:
I've had a good laugh reading the posts on this thread. Oh well, I thought, America has invented the modern celebration of Christmas so them's the breaks. But then yesterday I went to my local supermarket here in Melbourne, Australia and what did I hear ..... "Have a holly jolly Christmas, it's the best time of the year". I hope Burl's descendants are making a nice little profit off the royalties. Merry Christmas to all.

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 6:42:10 AM PST
That Red Sovine Christmas album. Soooo reasonably priced:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:04:33 PM PST
stevign says:
Who's jammin' what where?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:51:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:09:17 PM PST
Nice to find some like-minded, unsanctimonious people on these threads!! Thanks!!!

And I do have SOME Christmas spirit. I'm not a total Scrooge. It's just everyone jamming it down my throat makes me want to puke it back up.

And what's not to love about Tony and the girls??

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:26:24 AM PST
I read your reviews. Fun stuff. You must be the only Tony Orlando & Dawn record junkie I've ever found. I completely agree with your assessment of Rod Stewart and Clive Davis.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 7:51:28 PM PST
From Tom Lehrer's "A Christmas Carol":

Kill the turkeys, ducks and chickens
Mix the punch, draaaag out the Dickens
Even though the prospect sickens
Brother here we go again!!

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 5:53:22 PM PST
Oh, wow, a major find:

It's in-print, too, on CD:

Christmas With Red Sovine

On the dreadfully lousy scale, I'd put this right in there with the ONJ-Travolta set, Wing's Christmas carols CD, and Scott Weiland's THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR dog barker!

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 5:52:02 AM PST
And the accolades just keep pouring in:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 3:01:15 PM PST
I just listened to the REO Speedwagon Christmas CD. Not bad. Track #2 was a good rocker. Kevin Cronin's voice doesn't seem to have aged very well (60-ish, now?), and it's down in the mix and more restrained than the HI INFIDELITY album.

A metalhead I run into periodically told me about this idea:

Very Brutal Christmas

Hmmm... speaking of thick accents, I wonder if Nico ever did a Christmas record?

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 3:57:29 PM PST
Hinch says:
One of my favorite rockin' Christmas songs.

John Mellencamp - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 3:54:32 PM PST
Hinch says:
wow! Looks like a good price on amazon if someone wants it. I never knew they had a Christmas cd.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 2:17:53 PM PST
Oh, oh... I found this while slumming at our 3rd world WalMart in the $5 el cheapo bin:

Not So Silent Night: Christmas with REO Speedwagon

That rattler just jumped out and bit me. Ain't played it yet, but looks oh, so promising.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 7:02:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 8:34:28 AM PST
If you're tired of hearing endless bright and shiny easy listening artists' Christmas muzak, there's this idea:

I'll Be a Homo for Christmas

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 4:58:30 AM PST
The Stooges shorts are documentaries, based on my observations in the work place.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 7:40:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 7:41:36 PM PST
Hinch says:
Thanks for the info!

I don't think I've heard that particular song before. I was a little older than I thought. I was 8, instead of 5 or 6 as I was thinking.

I did notice the credit, but didn't make the connection. I have also read the voices were one guy, Billy West, doing an impression of each of The Stooges. I'm not sure that's true of all their records. Some recordings sound more like them than others. Either way, I still see the faces of Moe, Larry and Curly/Curly Joe when I listen.

I love The Three Stooges. I have all except the last 2 sets in the dvd collection.

I found this about their records.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:42:39 PM PST

You're right. The Original 2 song 45 in your photo was released Xmas 1959 as Golden Record 559.
The 6 Song EP that I had was released in 1960 as Golden Record 623.

It ALSO included "Wreck The Halls With Boughs of Holly".

Did you notice that the label credits "The Three Stooges and The Music Wreckers"?
A likely nod to the "The Wrecking Crew" Session Musicians.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 3:07:55 PM PST

Die Saracen dog!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 1:00:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 1:01:55 PM PST
Mitch Miller: two Christmas albums. Are you man enough? (LOL, in jest, o'course)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:37:36 PM PST

AKA "Flinch Along With Mitch".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 12:25:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 12:38:05 PM PST
Johnny, I've never heard of that album or singer before!!!! lol.

I just looked him up on Wikipedia, and see that he had a band called Thee Headcoatees. Jonathan Baker likes that group.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:23:31 AM PST
Johnny Bee says:
Christmas 1979 - the best Christmas album ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 6:50:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 6:54:58 AM PST
Hinch says:
It's possible there have been several versions. I read there was a 6 song ep. I also found this. It says 1969, but mine would have been from the 50s, so it's possible it had 3 songs. It's been so long I can't remember.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Let It Bleed or Led Zeppelin (1969) 40 41 seconds ago
An East Coast Matchup: Springsteen's "Born To Run" or Billy Joel's "The Stranger"? 6 1 minute ago
Why do most people dicount rap and hip hop as music? 6288 14 minutes ago
Song Game - Part II ... 10 songs where... 9712 20 minutes ago
Musical Diary 1045 41 minutes ago
What is the greatest "Christmas Song" ever written? 44 1 hour ago
The Music Of Our Lives ~ Vol. V 1957 1 hour ago
"Happy" by Pharrell or "Happy" by Keith: Which do you prefer? 163 2 hours ago
Most annoying Christmas songs 5 2 hours ago
My Alternate Version of Dan Fogelberg's "The Innocent Age" (1981) 0 2 hours ago
While You are looking for something to Post in this Forum, what are you listening to??? 4840 4 hours ago
What are you listening right now? 1808 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions