Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Halloween
Customer Discussions > Music forum

Why is Barack Obama on the Cover of Rolling Stone...Again?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 89 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:18:01 PM PST
Topper ~

Jimmy Stewart is giving me some dirty looks!

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:14:14 PM PST
@Philip S Wolf: ROTFL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:25:23 PM PST
Keep it up Gumby as everytime you rant yer' crap another Democrat get's it's wings!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:22:10 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 18, 2012 2:41:12 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:58:36 PM PST
They have already put Obama and Biden on the cover of Mad and Biden had it framed and it hangs in his office (a classy move.)

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:06:30 PM PST
vivazappa says:
Biden should be on the cover of "Mad" magazine and Ryan on the cover of Glen Beck's next book...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 11:51:07 AM PST
mack says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 5:34:12 AM PST
Geezerguy says:
That was Scott Brown.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 5:33:41 AM PST
Stratocaster says:
He was also "Miss June" in Playboy, wasn't he?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 5:16:06 AM PST
Geezerguy says:
Didn't he star in a show called Hart to Hart?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 5:09:58 AM PST
He already has...

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 5:08:16 AM PST
Geezerguy says:
Maybe Romney can get on the cover of Forbes.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 3:11:59 PM PST
@bass boy: another one that needs to see official release is the audio for the Dec '69 Lyceum show, the video of which was finally released on DVD a few years back. That was their Greatest. Show. Ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 2:45:15 PM PST
bass boy says:
Philip and Michael, yes, the 1968 shows need to be put on CD, too.

Does anyone know if they're shooting DVDs and burning soundboard CDs of the current Quadrophenia & More Tour shows? Since 2002, The Who have burned soundboard CDs of each show, and since the 2006-07 U.S. tour, they've offered DVDs (from the big screen feed) of all shows. To my knowledge, they're the only rock band to do that. I'm hoping that they are doing it on the new Quad tour. I haven't heard or read anything about it yet, though.

And yes, more archival Who CDs and DVDs need to get into our hot little paws. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:21:00 PM PST
I always liked that song. I saw the Who in Feb. 1969 at the college Gym in New Paltz, NY. My exwife was pregnant with my son, who's now 43. I think tickets were 4 dollars.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:45:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 5:48:33 PM PST
Michael ~

It says on the Bootleg (Swinging Pig Records) that Relax is 8:34 and it seems longer as I don't trust any time information on a bootleg.
I have another boot of the same night in New York City with better sound that also has the: "My Way" cover by the Everly Brothers that is supposed to be from that show as well. The bootleg show is from 6 April 1968 and Buddy Guy's set was recorded as well and is also available as a bootleg disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:25:54 PM PST
@Philip S Wolf: so "Relax" *does* have a proper ending! Mine cuts out at around the 8 minute much longer does yours go?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:39:59 PM PST
John ~

That's really cool (the 45 was released in 1970 and is a collectors item.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:09:38 PM PST
I have the 45 of 'Heavan and Hell' on my jukebox. It's the 'B' side of 'Summertime Blues'.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 2:02:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 2:04:02 PM PST
Michael ~

It isn't easy to find a good version of: "Heaven & Hell" as Bobby Pridden always used that song to get the sound levels of the band in balance and proper adjustment. That's how John got the song to be included in the set as Pete wasn't crazy about any of his compositions to be messed with and he liked playing Heaven & Hell anyway.

My boot has a: "Relax" without a fadeout but there is a long slow fade on "My Generation" and as most of the CD's are copies of vinyl boots from the 1970's it may have been done due to time restrictions found on those LP's and it still exists in that fashion.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 12:54:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 12:55:34 PM PST
Philip S Wolf: "Relax" cuts out on my copy, too, there's a slight fadeout and then there's this jarring ending guitar chord that was obviously overdubbed in the studio. Would definitely like to hear the whole jams of "Relax" and "My Generation".

It's too bad that the boots of the shows from the latter half of '68 are in such poor sound quality. We're talking the introduction of "Heaven And Hell" and "Young Man Blues" into the set, and the jams on those songs could stretch for 15 min or more. The group is starting to sound like the "Tommy" least what you can hear under the poor audio murk. Do you know if (outside of "A Quick One" from the Stones' Rock'n'Roll Circus) there's any decent soundboard recordings of shows from the July-Dec '68 period? It all seems to be very poor quality audience tapings; I'd even take a semi-decent audience boot at this point.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:53:55 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Who cares!'s Rolling Stone...they've suked for years...and I'm an Obama guy.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:14:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 10:15:03 AM PST
Michael ~

There are plenty of Bootlegs of live Who out there and Hull has been available as a bootleg for decades now but it comes from a third generation copy of the master with all the problems intact. The Fillmore tapes of 1968 are a great boot and "Little Billy" is a wonderful addition to that set and Pete's rap towards the end about the band getting kicked out of three hotels in New York is classic. The long jammed out "Relax" and the even longer "My Generation" jams are a 'must-have' in Whoville and the boots fade out at the end of: My Generation so we need to hear the master tapes to finally hear the whole thing. The Fillmore show is so great and long overdue for official release!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 10:54:53 PM PST
@Philip S Wolf: I can't believe that the April '68 Fillmore East shows have not seen official release yet. The sound quality is very good for the era and the performances are superb. The extended versions of "Shakin' All Over" and "Relax" are amazing. The Who were always rock's greatest live band, right from the moment of their inception.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 5:54:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 10:15:27 AM PST
Bass Boy ~

The "Live at Hull" set beat out all of the negative hype against as it contains (get this) no edit in "Shakin' All Over" as SPOONFUL is in there right where it belongs and this version of "My Generation" may be nicer that the version from Leeds as Pete does some really cool jamming in that 15 minute segment. This set is five star (That's how I reviewed it) and I'm still waiting for the "Fillmore shows of New York City performed in April 1968 to finally get the nod for release as well.
More live Who or else!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  89
Initial post:  Oct 26, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions