Customer Discussions > Music forum

The world is ending tomorrow. What song do you want to hear before you die?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 338 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2012 10:16:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 21, 2012 10:21:44 PM PDT
Lorraine says:
Oh. My. GOD. That is my absolute favorite song of theirs, and that says alot, since I like probably 85% of their tunes. But Immortality is amazing.

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 10:21:15 PM PDT
Lorraine says:
Gimme Shelter

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 10:26:32 AM PDT
Shining Star says:
"Get Away" Earth, Wind & Fire

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 11:25:10 AM PDT
EvenSteven says:
"We'll Meet Again" the Byrds version on their 1st lp.....this is also the song that appropriately ends Dr Strange Love or How I Learned to Love the Bomb

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 6:16:03 PM PDT
Hmmmm, i suppose Emerson, Lake, and Palmer "From The Begining"

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 6:21:25 PM PDT
stevign says:
We'll Meet Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdRo7okHCAc&feature=related

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 10:47:35 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 23, 2012 12:14:21 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 22, 2012 11:46:41 PM PDT
I think its a tossup between The Rascals It's A Beautiful Morning, or Modern English's I'll Stop The World And Melt With You.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 11:56:41 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Mathew:
if i were to choose between the two, i would choose, "I'll stop the world and melt with you"....even though the song reminds me of an old boyfriend which i would rather forget (he loved the song), I do love the song, regardless of bad memories of him, so I must truly love it then! I do love "the young rascals" and felix c., but i would still have to choose the former, if it were me....
love,
joyce

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 12:35:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2012 12:46:11 AM PDT
Let's Live for Today - The Grass Roots

"Sha la la la la la live for today. . . And don't worry 'bout tomorrow, hey hey. . ."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 12:40:12 AM PDT
Thanks Joyce, I think you may be right. I never realized what a romantic tune the song was. I just love the harmonies. Modern English really had a Beatleesque sound, I can see why you would like the tune being such a Beatle fan. It's great that you can still love the song even after a bad breakup. I remember hating a whole album after a bad breakup. I am embarrased to say I loved Hootie And The Blowfish in the mid 90's, their debut Cracked Reerview had lots of good powerpop. I especially liked Hold My Hand. I really like sappy pop songs, but not as many as I used to. I actually think Darius ruckers voice is stronger today and more suited to country.

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 12:40:22 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear John and ALL:
Let's Get Together: The Youngbloods--

Love is but the song we sing,
And fear's the way we die
You can make the mountains ring
Or make the angels cry
Know the dove is on the wing
And you need not know why

C'mon people now,
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
Try and love one another right now

Some will come and some will go
We shall surely pass
When the one that left us here
Returns for us at last
We are but a moments sunlight
Fading in the grass

C'mon people now,
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together

If you hear the song I sing,
You must understand
You hold the key to love and fear
All in your trembling hand
Just one key unlocks them both
It's there at your command

C'mon people now,
Smile on your brother
Ev'rybody get together
Right now
Right now!
http://youtu.be/o4fWN6VvgKQ
enjoy, all!
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 12:42:48 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dearest Mathew:
Hi! fancy meeting you here! see my post above this one, for another great song, which has beautiful lyrics....very nice!
great "seeing" you!
love,
joyce
p.s. you are correct about "melt with you" sounding beatleish!!!

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 12:43:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2012 12:50:35 AM PDT
Well, since the rapture did NOT occur, how about this song?

The Morning After - Maureen McGovern (since we all lived to see the morning after)

Then again, if the rapture ever does come, you may want to hear "Heaven" by Warrant.

"Heaven isn't too far away. Closer to it everyday. . ."

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 1:29:19 AM PDT
Nothing Left By Insane Clown Posse, Or Marry The Night By Lady Gaga... Maybe Dead Body Man By ICP Or Something Like That. Hmmm.... Can't Decide Lol. Oh Wait Wait, God Complex By Tech N9ne

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 1:39:13 AM PDT
I really love your taste in pop/folk rock. That tune is one of my favorites of all time. You certainly can pick them. I recently heard that song in a local coffeehouse in Missouri a few weeks ago on Satalite radio. I love that songs lyrics. Those hippyish sounding lyrics are so universal to me. I mean hippyish in a loving way. Having grown up at the tail end of the hippy era. I loved those tree hugging lyric. It was one of the first tunes I heard as a kid. I also liked I Like To Teach The World To Sing I think it was by The Seekers?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 1:43:46 AM PDT
I love Maureen McGovern's voice. The song was sad and beautiful. I have trouble listening to the son in The Poseiden Adventure due to Shelly Winters death in the film. I have seen too many spoofs on comedy shows during that time making fun of Shellys size and weight, but I still love the song.

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 7:14:04 AM PDT
mac says:
I know is kinda corny and all, but I would like to be listening to "Tales From Topographic Oceans" as I shuffle off this mortal coil.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 7:50:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2012 7:52:24 AM PDT
stevign says:
Good morning Joyce. Thank you for such a nice greeting, I'm doing well. Glad you liked the song, it's my little joke. "We'll Meet Again" is a 1939 song and older than both of us, I've liked it ever since I saw it in Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (Special Edition).

re: "they played that song in the Beatles Anthology #1!!!!

Are you sure, I couldn't find it. Anthology 1

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 9:12:32 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Mac:
doesn't sound "corny" at all.....sounds nice, and if you like it, that's all that should matter, after all, we are talking about our "final moments" here, right?

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 9:20:53 AM PDT
This place about to BLOW by Ke$ha

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 9:24:13 AM PDT
Presbyteros says:
"An die Muzik" by Franz Schubert

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 9:24:23 AM PDT
mac says:
Thank you Joyce - yes that's right, but I wish I had something "edgier" to contribute - you know, something that the vast majority of mourners would all agree was totally cool. They would all look at one another, nod and say "You know, mac must have been a pretty cool guy if he liked that song."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 9:28:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2012 12:16:39 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Stevign:
i am pretty sure....I know it was in some beatles dvd (documentary type show) i saw, but I will look around, and let you know.....hang on a minute.
yes! i was right, and found it! it wasn't a song they performed, it was background music! here it is (anthology, part 1); see the link here, and it begins at 4:05.....
enjoy! the beginning of the anthology before this section is so very awesome, I had not watched this in awhile, and had forgotten how awesome it truly was. I bring it up because near the beginning of anthology, part 1, they play the song "in my life", which, as you are probably aware, is one of the songs on RS....I believe i ranked it as #3, but when i saw this clip (while i was watching it, and playing it thru to find "your song", I listened to it and saw the pictures of each individual beatle....I saw Georgie, who has since left us, and our beautiful Johnny, and i started to cry. the reason i mention it to you now is two fold:
1. i need to go back and change my ranking list of RS (and put IML at #1, instead of #3!)
2. i need to dig out my "anthology" on dvd i have at home, and watch it again, TONIGHT!
hope you enjoy it...i had forgotten just how awesome this program is...thank you, Stevign, for reminding me! Hope to see you over in beatlesland soon!
in the meantime, here is "anthology" part 1......enjoy!
http://youtu.be/BkGFpoWgR6A
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 9:31:12 AM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Mac:
please see Stevign's post to me, and mine back to him....he and I have met before, but notice Stevign's choice, and don't worry, I already think "mac must have been a pretty cool guy", and you (or I), haven't even gone anywhere yet!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Roger Waters says "I was wrong" regarding Pink Floyd legal battles and says he will record a new solo album. 222 3 minutes ago
A March 1973 matchup: "Houses Of The Holy" by Led Zeppelin or "Dark Side Of The Moon" by Pink Floyd 49 4 minutes ago
Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction vs. Tesla - Mechanical Resonance 7 7 minutes ago
1966...The Beatles Revolver. .The Rolling Stones Aftermath...The Beach Boys Pet Sounds. . 18 8 minutes ago
Musicians whose whole was more than a sum of their parts 35 16 minutes ago
American Music And The British Invasion Part III 413 21 minutes ago
Audiophiles...name your front speakers. 2168 43 minutes ago
What Are You Listening To? (Volume Three) 739 53 minutes ago
Bulletin Board ---- What's in the news? 60 1 hour ago
2 Live Crew: The Art Of Being Crude, But I Love It. 11 1 hour ago
An October 1979 matchup: "Tusk" by Fleetwood Mac or "Regatta De Blanc" by The Police 21 1 hour ago
1966...The Beatles Revolver. .The Rolling Stones Aftermath...The Beach Boys Pet Sounds. . 3 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  133
Total posts:  338
Initial post:  May 20, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions