Customer Discussions > Music forum

No offense, but Rock and Pop music suck...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 80 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 1:42:22 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 1:45:55 PM PST
Brian says:
We don't have anything against Country music. We just can't stand YOUR music, Meade.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:01:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 2:04:00 PM PST
That wasn't nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:05:53 PM PST
Hinch says:
>Everyone seems to suggest Country music is the worst genre of music<

No. Many love country music. Many also love rock and other genres. You have a right to your opinion, and that's all it is.

There's good and bad in every genre....."good" and "bad" are mostly a matter of opinion.

Degrading other music isn't going to help you sell more of your music. Most musicians I've known, and I've known a few, don't go around putting down the work of other musicians.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 2:26:24 PM PST
Lou Siffer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:31:08 PM PST
EP Haufe-You start threads like this from time to time just to stir up everybody. Typical troll.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 3:28:35 PM PST
Brian,
I didn't know Margaret Meade was so vocal about music preference. Did she say that to the Samoans or the the Papa New Guineans?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:16:07 PM PST
Most current country music is "bland Rock and Pop music".

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 6:02:53 PM PST
Today's 'country' music has replaced disco as the most bland predictable genre of produced music out there and it will continue to get worse....Hank Williams was country music and Hank is gone....

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 7:17:05 PM PST
I was working with a "new country" music fan this summer, and I have to say - it's pretty much pop/rock with redneck vocals. I can dig proper country music, but new country doesn't do it for me. On the other had, the post-grunge rock scene seemed to bring in an odd mix of country and soul to rock vocal styles, which also kind of sucks (to my taste). Either one kind of is hell on earth to me, but I'd think in Hell they play heavy metal? Except, for some of us, that would be Heaven . . .

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 7:35:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 5:47:18 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:52:30 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 16, 2012 3:37:23 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:49:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 4:33:27 AM PST
Working Man says:
To each his own. Everyone? What I think sucks is when people use absolutes, like 'the best' or 'the worst'. Music is art and art is subjective. If it cannot be measured then you cannot say what is the best or worst. I suppose you can measure music buy album sales, download numbers and concert revenue, but really music is personal. Personally, I am a rock music fan, but there are genres of rock that I don't care for. Pop music is hit or miss, for me pop music is about liking individual songs. As for country, I like some country and some country artists.

What makes me crazy is when people think their opinion is the right one and the only one. I don't believe you're familiar with all rock music and shouldn't make such a generalization. I do realize that country music takes a beating often on these discussions and I think that is just their personal opionions. I may be guilty also because I don't like rap music and often say all rap music sucks. However, we all know that many people like rap.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:39:37 PM PST
Hinch says:
Working Man

Good post!

There's a lot of variety in country, rock and all genres. In fact, some music is a mixture of several genres. I try not to say I don't like something unless I've heard it.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:49:57 AM PST
D. Mok says:
Anybody who says "[This genre] is the worst kind of music" is too dumb to analyze music on its own merits.

"Everyone suggests country music is the worst"? "Everyone" in Meade "E.P. Haufe" Skelton's deluded little mind, I suppose. If anything, hip-hop gets far more blind hatred in here, and similarly by people who don't understand it or haven't taken a close listen to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:22:54 AM PST
Stratocaster says:
LMAO! - Wonder Bread with Velveeta!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:48:21 AM PST
And ketchup/catsup for the sauce. I updated the post. Forgot, oopsie....

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 6:47:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 1:06:16 PM PST
MarcTheKing says:
I love many different versions of this Pop and Rock and Country music you speak of. The best music is normally well written songs with catchy melodies and beautiful harmonies to back it up. Country music really is just folk music with a southern twang-- but it is often maligned because of its "heart on the sleeve" nature of the music, making it seem too easy and not nearly as challenging a listening experience as some might like. No matter-- some of the best pop and rock songs are the simplest and easiest to remember.

Its true- new country music does borrow far too much from pop music to be called pure "country"-- I was listening to a Taylor Swift concert last night on VH1 and there was nothing remotely 'country' about it, besides the Nashville locale. Ms. Swift is about as far removed from Loretta Lynn (you're really lookin at country with Mrs. Lynn in my opinion) as any other singer/songwriting gal of the 21st century is (eg. Fiona Apple, Shelby Lynne). Swift plays her own instrument, which immediately brings her to a new level of respect in my estimation- but she really is just a fine musician, singer, and songwriter as well.

But Taylor Swift as 'Country'? Well, you tell me what makes her fit that label.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:10:19 AM PST
While I agree that most horrible country music trys to incorporate pop-rock genre style, I do not agree that either music is better than the other. Now we all have our opinions, which is why some people are into heavy metal (something I will never understand) and teeny boppers (something I used to like and now can't stand). I think that there is some pop-rock (with a tinge of screamo, even) in which the band knows how to be creative with their instruments, write introspective lyrics and have good voices to boot. The same thing goes with Country artists.
Someone like Taylor Swift, who can write a "hit" song has a long reach when it comes to genre spanning could do with some singing lessons and some evolution in what she writes her songs about. I would say something similar about Avril Lavigne. I like some of both of their songs, but I could do with listening to someone else sing the same song. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, P!nk, or Stevie Nicks are better singers, who have written popular songs in all types of genres, who I'd rather hear singing some of the "hits" of Swift or Lavigne. I'm sure people would agree and disagree with me here.
In effect, I think it is in the realm of every artist to write a spectacular song with any kind of genre as the inspiration. I also think that its not out of this same realm to say that the same artist can write a song that flops.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:57:59 AM PST

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:39:57 PM PST
Working Man says:
EP Haufe, you are just trying to still up a trouble or you're a complete...

Anyway, there is NO best genre of music, just that each of us has our individual tastes. If you cannot accept that then like I said, you're simply trying to stir up trouble or...

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:07:15 PM PST
D. Mok says:
> No, its not, its the BEST genre of music. Rock and Blues are awful.

Country, rock and blues can be good or bad, but no matter which genre Meade Skelton tries, he will always suck.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:35:44 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 20, 2012 3:01:23 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 2:39:20 PM PST
D. Mok says:
You can keep changing your name, you'll still be Meade "E.P. Haufe, RVACountryLover" Skelton. We'll make sure people know you're plugging your own products and shamelessly praising your own crap to the stars under the name of third parties. Unethical promotion deserves to be demonized.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:43:28 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 20, 2012 3:01:33 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
The Beatles Mono Lps Vinyls coming out 9/9/2014.. MONO NIRVANA... 204 22 minutes ago
American Music And The British Invasion Part III 6139 41 minutes ago
Do cold places produce better bands? 18 1 hour ago
Different Drum (extended) 5 1 hour ago
Most compelling line in a song. 2485 1 hour ago
2014: What gigs have you already seen, or are going to see during this year? 45 1 hour ago
More Kiss : Do You Have A Favorite Kiss Album Cover (From The Makeup Years)? 255 1 hour ago
What Are You Listening To? (Volume Three) 2541 2 hours ago
Ed's, Mikal's and my top lists of albums for 2014 445 3 hours ago
What The Hell, Who Cares! 107 5 hours ago
Audiophiles Unite! The best sounding CDs. It's not about the music. It's about the sound quality of the music 631 8 hours ago
The Kinks 1275 9 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  80
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions