Customer Discussions > Music forum

Rappers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2012 1:52:49 PM PST
Ace says:
I don't like a lot of rappers out today, but Nicki Minaj has to be the greatest of all time Female Rappedrs. She voted for Mitt Romney. She doesn't believe in welfare and lazy people. Finally a dapper who is saying something uplifting.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 2:08:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 2:48:22 PM PST
Johnny Bee says:
She sounds like an angel! (or Sarah Palin) ;-D

Come to think of it, she is a a bit of a raptor.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 2:21:45 PM PST
Ace says:
I just hope more rappers start following her lead.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 5:53:24 PM PST
>>Finally a dapper who is saying something uplifting.<<

Yeah, nothing like an articulate dapper to change things up.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 8:43:10 PM PST
Hinch says:
That's what we need...more dappers and fewer rappers.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 11:42:27 PM PST
A customer says:
She's not even close to top 10 alive as far as female rappers go.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 8:28:27 PM PST
Gina says:
If you look it up she was only joking, her lyrics are usually not meant to be taken seriously.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:05:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 9:02:50 PM PST
Working Man says:
What does voting for Mitt Romney and not believeing in welfare and lazy people have to do with her being a rapper? Does it make her rap better?

I would rather talk about music in the Music forum than politics. Isn't there a forum for politics?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:34:22 PM PST
I suppose it means that she doesn't care what 47% of voters on this thread think.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 9:16:08 PM PST
Ace says:
Can't you read, Working Man, I am not talking politics here. All I'm saying is that she is a beautiful person, something you don't see in too many rappers out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 3:37:52 AM PST
M. Philord says:
What's music got to do for for who you voting for you so irrelevant go back to school maybe you can learn what's music and a president is

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 4:10:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 4:16:06 AM PST
MC Zaptone says:
Haha, M. Philord says "What's music got to do for for who you voting for you so irrelevant go back to school maybe you can learn what's music and a president is"

Fantastic post! Imagine, telling someone to go back to school, when you have absolutely no grasp of simple sentence construction or grammar.

As for the music, just another, god awful, mediocre rapper. I was at the Language Lab Club in London back in 1983 and the genre has done little different or of note in 30 years. Both Last Poets ©1970 & Small Talk at 125th & Lenox ©1970 at least held some significance but now I'd just say it's a lazy, repetitive, irrelevant genre that should go away and leave a gap for something new and vibrant to come along.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 4:57:33 AM PST
zlh67 says:
C'mon now. When you say someone is the "greatest" quickly followed by the statement that they voted for Mitt Romney, it sure sounds like you're implying that she's great because she voted for Mitt Romney, which is talking politics. You then follow by saying that she doesn't believe in "welfare and lazy people", which sure comes off like an implication that anyone who DIDN'T vote for Mitt Romney must support welfare and people being lazy.

That's either talking politics or one of the most poorly thought out posts to open a thread here in some time. Personally, I've never heard any work from this dapper Nicki Minaj, but based on your post, I already don't like her.

Who's your 2nd favorite dapper? I like the Beastie Boys which is not a dapper so much as a dap group.

RIP MCA.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:21:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:21:37 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Nicki is also a fashion queen and a great roll model for young girls ;)

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:54:23 AM PST
Snowblind says:
Think pink hair

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 2:02:52 PM PST
Ace says:
It's hard for me to believe someone would compare the likes of Last Poets and Small Talk at 125th & Lenox to Nicki Minaj.

Last Poets and Small Talk at 125th & Lenox are both garage.
Have you ever even listen to these guys, Last Poets, "The White Man's Got A God Complex" or Small Talk at 125th & Lenox, "Who 'll Pay Reparation. I don't think either one combine ever sold more than 100,000 records. These guys all they do is blame the white man for everything that goes on in their lives.

I'm talking about somebody that talks from the heart and not with anger.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:10:31 PM PST
Stratocaster says:
I must be REALLY out of the pop culture loop. Not that I care, but what the F is a "dapper" ?

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 2:20:34 PM PST
Stratocaster says:
Ace says: "Can't you read, Working Man, I am not talking politics here".

Are you serious? Of course this is a politcal statement. Any 6 yr old can read between your lines and see this -

"I'm a Republican. Because all Democrats stand for is welfare and laziness".

Not sure how you could NOT see that as a politcal statement? But, whatever. You're free to go on about anything you want on these threads. Just don't expect a lot of friendly responses.....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 2:31:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 2:33:05 PM PST
MC Zaptone says:
Ace there is no point discussing this issue with you as you obviously think N.M. Is fantastic, I don't, I think she is average at best.
And to set the record straight neither Last Poets or Gil Scott Heron were Garage? You know why? because the genre didn't exist in 1970. Garage Rock ended in about 68 and Dance Garage didn't start until 80. when those records were being made the whole civil rights movement was still fresh in the mind hence the political overtones. That's why I said it was relevant, today's watered down rap is just old hat stuff rehashed for yet another white audience who think it is fresh and edgy, Pleeeze....get over yourselves.
If you want to experience something edgy, try heavyweight Dubstep or West London Grime at least it's happening not same old, same old.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 3:15:56 PM PST
A customer says:
How is dubstep edgy? It's just annoying.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 3:48:03 PM PST
Rare Goat says:
I kind of like MC Ride, with the group Death Grips. Cutting edge experimental hip hop. Never dreamed I would ever say anything positive about rap, but there you are.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:11:20 PM PST
alysha25 says:
I think Nicki Minaj is Icky. And if she voted for Romney, I like her even less.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 9:43:29 AM PST
Hinch says:
@Ace, I'm wondering if Nicki believes in crossing the street on the red light.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:03:47 AM PST
Ace says:
I have nothing to add because I don't think you understand the subject matter on this thread.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 12:37:53 PM PST
Hinch says:
If it wasn't intended to be political you wouldn't have mentioned politics and who she voted for as making her a 'beautiful person'. There is beautiful and ugly on both sides of the aisle, and has nothing to do with the talent of an entertainer and their ability to say something uplifting.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions