Customer Discussions > Music forum

Psy Gangnam Style is A Fake

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 72 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 22, 2012 12:31:22 PM PST
Ace says:
This guy is not even born in Korea. He pretty much took all of MC. Hammers moves and gave him no credit for it.
This is just another example of no creatively.
I feel sorry for people who listen to this guy because he's a fake.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 12:43:57 PM PST
He ripped off M. C. Hammer?! You feel sorry for people who listen to him?!

I don't know what to think anymore.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 3:02:59 PM PST
Alt9999 says:
I thought that was the selling point. Harmless hip hop for clueless consumers

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 5:43:02 PM PST
A customer says:
Give it a year and Gangnam Style will be as played out as wallet chains and Livestrong bracelets.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 10:42:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2012 10:43:32 PM PST
You'd think he would find someone much better to rip off. What do moves have to do with music anyway?

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:00:18 PM PST
JCRB says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:20:57 PM PST
A customer says:
How is it not hip hop? Just because it isn't in English means it's not hip hop?

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:38:39 PM PST
JCRB says:
Its just not. It's an electronica pop song with singing, and I guess what you could call rapping over it. Its like if you had a Justin Timberlake song with rapping in it, it doesn't mean its a hiphop song.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 3:04:30 PM PST
ED S. says:
Right JCRB many if not most music in the top 40 line-up have singing with talking, just talking, or hip hop with singing. It is almost all done with keyboard/electronic sound...the new guitar. The lead guitar breaks are now electronic breaks. The song is pop. Dance/pop. I hear that song once an hour on the radio station I listen to.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 3:42:11 PM PST
A customer says:
Is Justin Timberlake a rapper? No. Is Psy? Yes. Discussion closed.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 4:22:26 PM PST
JCRB says:
You're right, discussion closed, good job.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 4:35:54 PM PST
A customer says:
Nice response. I'll have to remember that tactic; I like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 1:29:06 AM PST
Alt9999 says:
Hey, people like what they like. I'd never mock anyone for liking this song. I've enjoyed plenty of mediocre stuff over the years. But I'm guessing there is a percentage of the folks who downloaded this- and a pretty big one- who think this is a credible hip hop song. Those are the clueless ones. As if this guy is an artist to watch.

This is pure novelty. William Hung meets Rappin Rodney. Yes, enjoy it for what it is. I'm sure the 14 year olds with I-tunes gift cards do. No one with any knowledge of rock or hip hop would spend a dime to hear this though.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 6:23:43 AM PST
paris says:
he's a one hit wonder ANY singer/group with a first single with a "dance" craze with it

are going to be a one hit wonder.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 6:39:35 AM PST
Chris Kaiser says:
Nobody in this genre is "real" to me. They can't play an instrument and they can't sing without auto tune. Worthless!!

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 9:11:40 AM PST
PotaDos says:
A lot of Korean artist come from other countries like Japan, China, even the United States.

However Psy was born in South Korea. His music is good, and as a Kpop fan, I knew his stuff before Gangnam Style. [I actually like his hit Right Now, a lot better than Gangnam style.]

So your point is INVALID OP

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 10:53:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 10:53:56 AM PST
Question. Didn't he perform with MC Hammer at the American Music Awards? I may be wrong. My memory is a bit off. *hint hint*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:06:14 PM PST
Ace says:
When was the last time a good artist ever come out of Korea. I can't believe this guy. He's on his what ten remix of the same song.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 6:15:18 PM PST
Psy's 15 minutes of fame have already expired. IMO

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 5:09:26 AM PST
PotaDos says:
A lot of good artists exist in Korea, and their popularity is shared amoungst those who are fans of foreign music. I wouldn't expect a close minded person to see that though.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 8:34:41 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Artists rip off other artists constantly. Psy had a huge hit with "Gangnam Style"...so good for him. The truth is, it's a fun pop song regardless.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 8:46:46 AM PST
stevign says:
Why would "anyone" wanna rip off something by MC. Hammer? Perhaps the guy works for North Korea and they're using it as psychological torture, that's the only reason I can think of.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 9:13:12 AM PST
mac says:
Hammertime, like Millertime, leads one to Gangnamtime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpZhZAr1cQU

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 9:37:05 AM PST
stevign says:
Ganja-time? I guess that's better than Miller-time. As for the music, I would prefer Scandal.....minus the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTAAiHbzdF0&feature=rellist&playnext=1&list=PL93230E4360339AE1

http://www.intunedonline.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/SCANDAL-japanese-school-girls-rock-band-.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 10:10:11 AM PST
onsenkuma says:
Stevign,
Can always count on you for a laugh! Thanks, 'cause - trust me on this - I could use a few this afternoon. Cheers...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  72
Initial post:  Nov 22, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions