Customer Discussions > Music forum

Let's talk about Slade,

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 6, 2012 9:26:34 AM PDT
Wow what a noisy bunch. What a party band. What a house stomper. These guys made some outstanding music. If you like Slade you must check out the 4CD box set. It is without a doubt a real treasure. Fav song: Everyday
Your reply to James T. Mott's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 2:40:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2012 5:17:52 AM PDT
Hinch says:
Havent heard them in years. I used to see them on tv occasionally in the 70s. I still have have my original 45rpm of "Mama Weer All Crazee Now".

I didnt know they have a box set. I'll check it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 2:45:10 AM PDT
Hinch says:
Oh yeah! I also have their live album SLADE ALIVE on vinyl. I need to get that one out for a listen.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 4:58:46 AM PDT
7 & 7 IS says:
I love 'em. Their 70's heyday stuff was all extremely nice. My moon head & donkey teeth sister always hated them and scoffed at me likin' 'em, said they were the Bay City Rollers of Rock. Paul McCartney certainly liked 'em. I saw 'em on TV when I was a kid, they stomped around on stage in 5 ft. heels - if they'd 've fallen - geeeez. Recently heard 'em blastin' from a kitchen of a Mexican restaurant. I trust me.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 5:08:09 AM PDT
Jimi Jac says:
I quite like Slade's later albums like "The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome" &" Till Deaf Do Us Part"
Don't you have trouble understanding their Black Country accents?

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 5:54:55 AM PDT
S. Stalcup says:
Shout! Factory reissued a bunch of their stuff a few years ago. They regularly get mention in the UK rags. Great band. It's a shame Noddy doesn't want to sing with them anymore.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 8:57:14 AM PDT
Hip O Critic says:
Noddy Holder's raucous voice annoyed my mum more than any other band. I had to turn the stereo down for Slade more than any other band at Mum's request. Slade were pretty good IMO. They toured Australia in '73 with Status Quo as support. My older brother saw the concert and told me the crowd preferred Quo. Status Quo are very good live so probably a fair call.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 10:52:28 AM PDT
Quiet Riot always said that they never liked them before they recorded "Cum on Feel the Noize", i say BS. IMO Quiet Riot stole their whole "crowd chat" courses,which QR always uses in their songs.

Slade rules!

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 1:01:05 PM PDT
I thought I had owned two Slade albums, but looking at the album covers, I see I owned at least five. I guess I liked them then, but I haven't heard even one of their songs since about '75. I'm smiling now, reviewing the track lists. I lived with some like-minded folks at the time, and always got a "Turn it up!" when I put on one of their albums.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 9:14:23 PM PDT
A. Strong says:
This band had much better success in the UK and it's nice to see a thread about them here all these years later.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2012 10:09:08 PM PDT
In terms of chart success in the UK, I think only the Beatles outdid them.

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 12:02:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 12:06:40 PM PDT
I first heard them around '72 on a K-Tel compilation (I think it was "Mama We're All Crazy Now") that I had bought for an Elton John song. We moved to Germany not long after, and I was able to pick up most of their back catalog on vinyl. Sladest (a best of) and Slade Alive! were my favorites. I recently found a nice US copy of Alive! with a gatefold cover, something my German pressing didn't have. The recent remastered/expanded edition of Alive! is excellent - adding Alive! 2 and and an EP from the Reading festival. I think it's still in print and available here on Amazon. The Stomp Yer Boots US compilation is a good place to start for those interested.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Sep 6, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions