Customer Discussions > Music forum

John, Paul, George & Ringo : 50 years after their first recording sessions...

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 6201-6225 of 10000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 9:39:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 9:39:38 PM PDT
Dear Joyce
My computer is down at the moment, won't be fixed till Tuesday, so I won't be posting much, at an internet cafe at the moment.
Have a good weekend, anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 9:50:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 9:51:46 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Joyce

I like "Revolution #9" too, and enjoy it for what it is. I was only saying 'IF' I removed something to make it one disc that would be the one.

I would be difficult for me to pick ANY to remove.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 9:57:41 PM PDT
Hinch says:
John

Did you ever get a response? I was pretty sure you wouldn't. I noticed he was on this afternoon and left posts on 3 or 4 threads.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 9:59:02 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Bernard:
oh, okay....well, i will miss you! hope you get things fixed real soon, and have a GREAT weekend!!! :)
love,
joyce :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 10:00:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 10:01:23 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Hinch:
me too! that's why i said it was perfect, as is, and i refused!
love,
p.s., so, another #9 lover, huh? good! that makes two of us! :) that's okay....i am used to being 'different'!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 10:07:43 PM PDT
Dear Joyce
Still have a few minutes left here, really missed the threads over the past two days, had to check on a public computer to read the latest!
Without the computer at home, I'm really lost, but I'll have more time to watch some DVDs that I've bought, but never watched. Do some more reading as well.
I've started "The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter", by Carson Mc Cullers.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 10:08:32 PM PDT
John, Paul, and George's first session was actually in 1958. See the liner notes for Anthology 1. However, it is a little dizzying to think that it's been fifty years since they started their recording careers proper. Ringo is 72! Doesn't that out his "no more fan mail" tempest-in-a-teapot in perspective!? And according to Wikipedia, George Martin will be 87 in January. I saw him in Scorcese's recent George Harrison documentary, 'Living in the Material World', and he looked and sounded pretty good for an octogenarian.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 10:10:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 10:13:22 PM PDT
I used to enjoy listening to 'Revolution 9' with the rest of the album.
My first copy of the album was a cassette tape, and some of the songs were not in the same order as we know the songs to be now, or back then on vinyl. Not sure why the songs were in a different order.
'Revolution 9' was the final track of Side 3 of my old tape.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 10:15:17 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Bernard:
hey, again! so sorry about the computer! can you use your cell phone? i know it is harder to use than a computer, but i often find (the few times i have been without the computer), it forces me to use the phone, and so i get a little bit better at doing it! i guess that can be good too!
yes, it will be nice to catch up on some movies/dvds, and books too, i guess! that's another 'positive' way of looking at it!
i haven't heard of the Carson McCullers book, 'The Heart is a Lonely Hunter'...what it is about, or is it too complicated?
i am reading one of the Ken Follett books, along with several others (you know me...always reading 3 or 4, at once! lol!), 'The Fall of Giants', part 1 of 'the century' trilogy...it is good, but as with most KF books, it is huge! LOTS of history, etc., which i like too....LOTS AND LOTS of characters/families, but that doesn't bother me either...i have no problem keeping everyone straight, in my head! i guess that is an advantage of being mentally 'all over the place', in my normal working (brain) hours!
love,

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 10:18:05 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Word Nerd:
yeah, you are right! 50 years is a 'bit of time'...that's for sure!
i know Ringo has gotten a lot of flak for refusing to autograph anything else, but i agree...if i had been signing EVERYTHING, for 50 plus years, i would be majorly 'sick to death of it' too!!! LOL!
yeah, GM is indeed 'getting up there', isn't he? :)
thanks for the post!
love,

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 10:19:45 PM PDT
Dear Joyce
No internet on my cell phone. Thought I'd never need it, guess I was wrong.
The book I'm reading was published in 1940, it's set in the South, in a small city in Georgia.
It was filmed in 1968, I've seen it on TV. The author was a Southerner, set most of her books there.
Have to go now, time's running out and I've run out of coins, will catch up with you soon, I hope!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 10:20:18 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dearest Bernard:
.....and then, there were 3!
(you are awesome! hey, maybe you, Hinch, and I should start our own club? :)
love,
(the 'no, we actually like Revolution #9!' club!!!!)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 10:24:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 10:25:18 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Bernard:
oh, well, if you have 'no internet' on your cell phone, then i guess that's out!
the book you are reading sounds interesting....haven't seen the movie either...will look them up!
thanks for letting me know! i know you have to go now (no more coins!), so i will hopefully talk to you again soon, when you get a chance to get more (handfuls!) of change!
bye, for now! :(
love,

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 10:31:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 10:35:41 PM PDT
Dear Joyce
I'm back!
For 21 minutes at least, found a S2 coin, my last one.
I thought the book I'm reading was a well known one, maybe I'm wrong.
I haven't read Follett's books, some of them seem to be huge, I remember him being interviewed on TV some months ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 10:33:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 10:35:23 PM PDT
Joyce says:
dEAR bERNARD
yes, dear? :) :) :)
love,
joyce
p.s., did you run out of coins, or just out of words? :)
that's okay...i will await your return.......

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 2:36:38 AM PDT
Music Luver says:
Joyce, actually the White album *is* one great album.....with many great songs. I would not touch any of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 2:38:51 AM PDT
Music Luver says:
It just so happened I listened to all of the "side 4" songs in stereo, then mono just the other day. Rev #9 needs to be in stereo.

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 2:41:56 AM PDT
Music Luver says:
George Harrison: Living In The Material World Wins Two Emmys
Outstanding Nonfiction Special
Outstanding Directing for Nonfiction Programming

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 5:25:12 AM PDT
Severin says:
But have you heard '9 noituloveR'? There are several instances on You Tube of 'Revolution 9' backwards, it makes just as much sense as forwards but people try interpreting what they hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bkuafIRhZA

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 1:48:09 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Music Luver:
yes, i agree!
thanks for the post!
love,

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 1:48:53 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Music Luver:
yes....it sounds a bit 'flatter' in mono, imo.... :)
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 1:50:50 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Music Luver:
wow! that's great!
i did think it was very well done, but i thought one part was superior to the other...i think part 2 was better than part 1, but i would have to watch it again...overall though, i quite liked it!
thanks for letting us all know! it deserves both, imo! :)
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 1:55:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2012 2:04:21 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Don and ALL:
that is funny (that people are 'hearing messages', or whatever..), and also lovely... i am listening to it right now!
i love it in 'stereo'.......you become naked ..........dekan emoceb uoy.......
(I love it, both 'directions'.....I think John would LOVE it, that people were playing it 'backwards'! it's really the cacophony of sounds that matter, so in that way, it doesn't really make much difference, if it is 'backwards' or 'forwards'..... ('sound' is pure 'music'.....all sound is music....all sound is musical.....all music is sound.....therein lies the 'point'.....)
thanks for 'sending' us! :)
love,
joyce
p.s., i find the 'piano parts' especially interesting...they still sound 'pleasant'....interesting..... :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 2:11:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2012 2:11:34 PM PDT
DKPete says:
Just a "by-the-way"..Rev 9 does not have an exclusive mono mix. It's the stereo mix folded down, hence, you're hearing the exact same thing in both stereo and mono (minus the actual seperation with the latter).

It's the only track on The White Album which didn't receive an actual, exclusive mono mix.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2012 2:35:08 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dearest Pete:
hey, my darling one!
thanks so much for the interesting info re: #9....didn't know that.....all i know is that the 'mono' sounds 'flatter' than the stereo! i guess that is why!
hope you are having an awesomely fantastical day!
thanks again for the post/info!
love you,
joyce :) :)
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions