Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Music forum

It's official: One Direction is a better band than The Beatles

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 134 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 27, 2012 4:25:51 AM PDT
postingtruth says:
"When released in the US in March 2012, the album went straight to number one in the Billboard 200. This made them the first group from the UK to enter at the top of the US charts with their debut album."

http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrities/one-direction/

Irrefutable PROOF that One Direction is an all around superior band to The Beatles.

Posted on May 27, 2012 4:32:56 AM PDT
Severin says:
Nonsense. Chart success is nothing new and doesn't make them "a better band than The Beatles." Get back to me in 50 years and let me know if they had the same quality of output, range, innovation and influence as The Beatles.

Posted on May 27, 2012 4:46:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2012 6:00:13 AM PDT
D. Mok says:
Troll.

Entering a chart at #1 doesn't even equal chart success. Alice in Chains' self-titled album entered the charts at #1 in 1995; it is only double-platinum in the U.S. Meat Loaf's Bat out of Hell didn't even crack the Top 10 in 1977 (it peaked at #11); it has been certified 14x platinum in the U.S., sold 43 million copies worldwide and is among the Top 10 best-selling albums of all time.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 5:51:31 AM PDT
Bernard J. says:
Tongue in cheek, or some one bored looking for attention? Time will tell.

Posted on May 27, 2012 6:29:57 AM PDT
Postingtruth, you have come from a new angle, I have to give you that! I don't believe that you even believe what you have stated here. I think that you are just trying to stir up us Beatle fans. As you can already see, you will draw some insightful responses. For the record, I agree with Donald and D. Mok. Only time will tell...

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 6:31:52 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 6:54:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2012 6:55:22 AM PDT
Rock Fan says:
I'd rather listen to John Lennon's Nutopia National Anthem.
(It's been remastered.)

Posted on May 27, 2012 7:35:01 AM PDT
Geezerguy says:
Yes, One Direction is better than the Beatles as is every group of miscreants to ever break wind within 10 feet of a microphone. The Beatles sucked which is why so many people are obsessed with pointing that out more than forty years after the Beatles broke up. Elvis, The Kinks, Lady Gaga, David Cassidy and Barry Manilow were/are all much better than the Beatles. Now excuse me while I go back to listening to the White Album...

Posted on May 27, 2012 7:50:26 AM PDT
Is this thread pure retardation or what?

I've never even heard of One Direction, so they probably aren't very good.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 7:57:42 AM PDT
Two Tub Man says:
Another post that makes me wonder just how many of these threads are "planted" by Amazon...

Posted on May 27, 2012 8:07:01 AM PDT
Diamond Dave says:
One Direction couldn't hold Yoko's jock strap.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 8:14:38 AM PDT
"Irrefutable PROOF that One Direction is an all around superior band to The Beatles."

Wow, I'm glad we got that out of the way.

I can't believe Dave has heard of them. I never have. By the way, has Yoko taken any lovers since John?

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 8:16:18 AM PDT
Wait... Yoko wears a jock strap?

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 9:21:02 AM PDT
Working Man says:
Who?

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 9:25:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2012 9:26:50 AM PDT
onsenkuma says:
ANY contemporary band is pretty much 'better' than The Beatles by definition, since the The Beatles haven't existed since 1970. Two of them are dead - well three for any birther grade loons out there who bought the whole 'Paul is (literally, not artistically) dead' conspiracy. Or maybe there's some kind of iPhone 'time travel' app I don't know about?

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 9:34:01 AM PDT
Is Ritchie Blackmore dead?

Posted on May 27, 2012 9:48:01 AM PDT
LOL, this is so daft!! When One Direction are still together in two year's time, maybe we can start debating this seriously :))

When they can write brilliant songs such as Something, Here There and Everywhere, The Fool On The Hill, Here Comes The Sun, The Long and Winding Road etc etc, then perhaps they are worth debating whether they are better than the Beatles.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 11:06:18 AM PDT
onsenkuma says:
Geez, hope not!

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 11:21:07 AM PDT
Agreed. I prefer those easy listening Beatles' songs, too.

Posted on May 27, 2012 12:43:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2012 12:47:40 PM PDT
Working Man says:
Seriously. Who? Who the heck are One Direction? Boy Band? Hip Hop artists?

Edit: Okay, I went to You Tube and checked them out. As someone else said, let's see if they stay together and what kind of impact they have on the music world and future artists. The Beatles impact is still being felt otherwise people would not still being comparing people to the Beatles a half century later.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 12:52:30 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Im pretty sure you were being sarcastic with this post.

Let's see if they can top the charts with all their albums...if they last for more than 2 or 3.

As someone else said, meet me here in 50 years and we'll see if people are still arguing about their greatness or lack thereof.

Posted on May 27, 2012 12:54:28 PM PDT
Exile says:
Obviously this person is joking...I laughed when I read the OP. Has everyone lost their humor this weekend? <sigh>

Posted on May 27, 2012 1:01:20 PM PDT
Hinch says:
One Direction

Yeah! Straight down from the top. lol!

But they're so innovative.

:-)

http://youtu.be/Y1xs_xPb46M

Posted on May 27, 2012 1:08:48 PM PDT
whitegumby says:
It's official: Every time another troll puts up another Beatles-bashing post, all they've really done is add another layer of cement to the supremacy of the Beatles.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 1:16:18 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Very true. The fact that it's almost always The Beatles says a lot.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  134
Initial post:  May 27, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 18, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions