Customer Discussions > Music forum

Prince

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 15, 2012 7:18:52 AM PDT
Since it is Friday... does anyone else feel like partying like it's 1999?

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 7:37:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2012 7:49:58 AM PDT
Shining Star says:
Yeah if you travel Around the World in a Day I think you'll find it's just the Sign O the Times But that's just my humble opinion as I wouldn't want to cause any Controversy

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 12:10:30 AM PDT
Hinch says:
M. Jones

Cool post!! AROUND THE WORLD IN A DAY is one of my very favorite Prince albums.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 1:54:08 AM PDT
I'm hangin' in Erotic City with Darling Nikki and my Lady Cab Driver wearing her Rasberry Barret.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 1:16:32 PM PDT
Shining Star says:
Hi Hinch,

Thanks! I love AROUND THE WORLD IN A DAY too. I thing that is one of his true gems and a complete album from beginning to end.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 1:18:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 1:29:07 PM PDT
Shining Star says:
Nice post!

I'm with the one I ADORE driving her LITTLE RED CORVETTE while riding UNDER THE CHERRY MOON and listening to her telling me BABY I'M A STAR.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 8:03:46 PM PDT
Sodenfir says:
Prince was better before he became a Jehova Witness. That said, 3121 is a pretty decent album.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 8:45:19 AM PDT
C W says:
Prince used to eat cans of Duncan Hines frosting while dating Kim Basinger.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 12:40:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 18, 2012 12:40:45 PM PDT
Eddie H. says:
Prince to me is one of the most talented musician, songwriter, entertainer, guitarists on the planet...it blows me away what this guy has done , and continues to do, I love his old music, new music whatever he has tried..the few times i have seen him live, I am in awe of this amazing guitarists...who should be named in the same breadth as Clapton, Beck and all the greats!

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 12:57:16 PM PDT
vivazappa says:
Not a big fan...saw him on Emancipation tour...fan-bleeping-tastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 1:10:09 PM PDT
What a strange factoid.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 1:16:41 PM PDT
zlh67 says:
So Viva, you weren't a fan before, but saw him on the Emancipation tour? What got you to go, and.... after you saw him, did you become anything of a fan, or are you still not into his albums but just appreciate his talent for putting on a live show?

I was all hard rock in the 70's and early 80's but heard his "Black Album" (a popular boot that was later released officially) and it was really, really different from the Purple Rain stuff that made him such a huge star, and I dug it. Been a fan since then and have most of his albums. Seen him live 3x including twice on the same Emancipation tour you saw. I thought his 2004 "Musicology" tour was better though....

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:27:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 8:27:30 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
zlh:
I went because I had seen him open for the Stones twice and he was booed off for either racist or homoerotic behavior. I feel it was a little bit of both. 1999 had some tunes that impressed me and when he came around on the Emancipation tour I wanted to see a full show.

As a side note it was the 2nd concert I payed over $50 for. Clapton was the 1st.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:24:24 AM PDT
Shining Star says:
@Eddie H.

I couldn't agree more, the performances I've seen where specatcular. When I saw him, he went around the stage and played every instrument: guitar, bass, piano and drums. It was fantastic!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:39:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 9:45:58 AM PDT
zlh67 says:
Well props to you for spotting some talent through the muck of the crowd's behavior, I guess! I think more rock fans who can also appreciate a funky edge would like some of Prince's stuff if they listened, but I totally understand why many don't. I myself would get borderline violent back in 1984 if someone put a Prince song on!

And yeah, I don't know what it is about the Stones crowds.... I saw Living Colour open for them in Dallas in '89 and the thing I remember most was being so excited to see them again, I (along with many others) was standing on my chair on the floor as they took the stage. We were towards the back and there RIGHT in front of me was some idiot fkster standing on HIS chair too yelling at the top of his lungs: "Get off the GD stage you funkin n**'ers!!!!". I was a bit inebriated and didn't want to get tossed out but man I wanted to pound that guy and stick a boot in his mouth so he'd shut up.

There's also a home-video called "Time Tunnel" that chronicles Living Colour's year of 1989 -- touring with the Stones, then returning to their home of NYC to play an intimate club show for their hometown fans -- and in that there's actual video of LC tearing it up onstage while on the Stones tour while this guy just stands there glaring with one hand held up flipping the bird to the band. Then there's backstage footage with Vernon Reid talking to the other guys and he comments that the guy did it for pretty much their entire set. What a freakin' idiot...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jun 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions