Customer Discussions > Music forum

The Beatles: #1 of many great bands

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7376-7400 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 11:56:19 AM PDT
DKPete says:
Hi guys...yea, it's not even a matter of sounding dated...some of the tracks sounds great-wall of so-called 'sound" and all.but some just sound plain cluttered and border on "dirty"...if i had to pick just TWO tracks of off ATMP which I'd like to hear remixed they are Wah-Wah (an aural MESS, in my opinion) and Awaiting On You All..as it happens, two of the best songs on the album.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 12:06:36 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Pete:
hi....yes, this is what i was referring to, but do not explain things with words as well as you and others.
thanks for clarifying.
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 12:28:18 PM PDT
H&L says:
Joyce,

I just felt that Spector's production on the album gave it it's zest and the songs the colour they needed. I heard the album before I heard about people expressing misgivings about the Spector production.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 12:32:54 PM PDT
H&L says:
So Joyce,

Should all the great painting of centuries past be burned because they are outdatd?

Posted on May 27, 2012 12:41:10 PM PDT
Hinch says:
"dated"

Checkout this discussion;

http://modern-radio.com/board/t.php?id=60797

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 12:41:44 PM PDT
H&L says:
Joyce,

I hate the word out dated. I mean sure t is used in many ways but great art is timeless. I remember many years back I visted by friend when he was attending college. We eat at one of the dinning hall. My firend made a comment about the enterior designed of the dinning hall by saying it looks like they designed it many years ago of what they thought the future would look like.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 12:46:14 PM PDT
H&L says:
Joyce, I am at a lost of words of your situation.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 1:07:01 PM PDT
Hinch says:
H&L

I'm not refering to anyone on here now, but certain people use "dated" as a putdown.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 1:09:30 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Lawrence:
no, but i never said it should...just that I personally cannot listen to that album over and over again in one sitting, because the cluttered feeling begins to bother me. It is a great album, and has great songs on it.
Also, i never suggested that "dated" things should be destroyed, once they are outdated, at all, but to me, again, saying something is "dated" just means that it is a product of it's times...that's all. It is not meant to be an insult or a put down; it just "is what it is"....
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 1:10:46 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Lawrence:
if you dislike or hate the word, no problem....i would just suggest you use something else.....a different word.
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 1:11:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2012 1:14:10 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Lawrence:
it happens every day...i am not the only one, but thanks for your concern (and sympathy).
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 1:13:07 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Hinch and Lawrence:
yes, they do...i can only speak for myself, and say that for me "dated" simply means "something belonging to a certain time period", "or something that reflects the period in which it was created".
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 1:53:50 PM PDT
H&L says:
Joyce,

I know what your ar saying about something being dated. As for how the production on ATMP is one that each person has of their own depending on their own personal tastes.:)

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 1:56:50 PM PDT
H&L says:
Joyce,

For me to respond to say well I hope everything works out for you seems like such an empyty expression of concern that is why I was at lost for words.

Posted on May 27, 2012 1:57:03 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Lawrence and to All:
Lawrence, just watched your discussion of "goat's head soup", and you mentioned loving this song, from that album....I do too, very much...here it is, for everyone's enjoyment:
http://youtu.be/2RTWzsGO4Zc
this is from a "movie clip"; however, the vocals are a bit off, so sorry about that. doesn't take away from the song's (or the Stones')
awesomeness.
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 2:00:31 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Lawrence:
of course, you are absolutely right...we all have our own preferences, and our own personal likes/dislikes...i just let you know how i personally feel, but you or others may feel differently, which is your right.
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 2:01:22 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Lawrence:
no worries....i know what you meant, and appreciate the thought very much.
thanks for the post.
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 2:04:41 PM PDT
H&L says:
Wow Joyce,

I just downloaded that clip. Goad Head Soup was like my first date with The Stones, the album that made me fall in love with their music:)

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 2:06:16 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Lawrence:
yes, i understand....what's not to love; true for both the song and the Rolling Stones?
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 2:06:20 PM PDT
H&L says:
:)

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 2:25:58 PM PDT
H&L says:
Joyce,

Just one more thought on this, sure Motown is dated, but it is the best of it's times so that is why it is not forgotten and will likely never be.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 2:28:13 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Lawrence:
this is true, and I love Motown....again, for me at least, "dated" does not necessarily mean worthless, or even not appreciated...just that it is a product of the times in which it was created.
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 2:35:49 PM PDT
H&L says:
A good chunk ofThe best of what those times had to offer:)

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 3:51:53 PM PDT
This is true Hinch...

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 3:55:56 PM PDT
Did you guys know that I am waiting for the box set of ATMP to be delivered any day now. Yous guys is getting me real excited to listen to the dated wall of sound!
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  109
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions