Customer Discussions > Music forum

John, George, Paul and Ringo

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 2, 2012 3:51:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2012 8:36:13 PM PST
Hinch says:
....Beatles and solo recordings.

Which Beatles albums/songs are your favorites? Who's your favorite Beatle. Who's solo work do you like more? What are the best and worst Beatle and solo albums or songs? How did their solo work compare with their work as a group?

Personally, my order of preference of their solo work is John, George, Paul and Ringo.

My favorite solo albums are;

John Lennon PLASTIC ONO BAND and George Harrison ALL THINGS MUST PASS

Some other favorites are (not necessarily in order of preference) WALLS AND BRIDGES, IMAGINE, RAM, RINGO, GEORGE HARRISON, DRIVING RAIN, SOMEWHERE IN ENGLAND, TUG OF WAR, MCCARTNEY, MIND GAMES.

Favorite UK Beatles albums(not in order)

Abbey Road
Revolver
Rubber Soul
Sgt Pepper
Help
White Album.......but I love them all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 3:52:09 AM PST
Jersey Joker says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 4:01:19 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 6, 2012 2:11:48 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 4:30:11 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 27, 2012 3:48:27 PM PDT]

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 4:30:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2012 4:47:45 AM PST
I never knew you could close your own thread? I don't see an option for that on any of mine. Anyway, my fave Beatles album is 'Abbey Road' and my fave Beatle is George. And 'All Things Must Pass' is my fave ex-Beatle solo album.

EDIT: Oh, I get it, you posted more posts to close it out. Duh! But it might be nice if you could just delete a thread if it isn't going anywhere.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 5:12:57 AM PST
Hard to believe, but sometime in June, Paul McCartney will turn 70. Ringo will turn 72 in July. They seem to be doing fine, but eventually, they will be gone. A world without Beatles. When the final one dies, will there be global mourning, or will there be too many other problems for it to even attract much attention?

Maybe they will experience a revival. The Beatles will no longer be aging men, but a quartet of four men in their twenties, in our memories. When we think of Groucho Marx now, we don't imagine an old guy croakily singing the Captain Spalding song on "Dick Cavett", but Groucho in "Duck Soup" or "A Night at the Opera" or "Horse Feathers." Think of Elvis, and you're more likely to think of young healthy Elvis. I do, anyway.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 6:28:04 AM PST
E. Joy says:
The best Beatles albums in order are Revolver, Abbey Road, and Rubber Soul. The worst is The Beatles (the White album), it would have been a great single disc release.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 6:32:38 AM PST
Zaplightning says:
My favorite album is Abby Road. I like all the Beatles the same, however I think John had some issues.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 7:36:04 AM PST
Zaplightning says:
This is a trip, whoever gives a NO vote, why not just man up, or woman up, and post why....what I said is unfavorable to you. My feelings won't be hurt, I may even learn something new. After all this is a amazon discussion thread. Sticks and stones may break my musical bones but a No vote on amazon will never hurt me:)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 7:39:58 AM PST
I don't care who negs me. I think some people just get their jollies negging posts rather than posting their own opinions here. Whatever, it's no big deal, it's just cowardice, like you said.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 8:38:09 AM PST
Well done, FH!!! I wondered who would start up the new thread. Abbey Road is easily my favorite Beatle album. Where's my twin??????

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 9:46:36 AM PST
Zap:

Where you been brother???

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 9:53:24 AM PST
E.Joy:

That's too bad, the White album makes my top five. After Abbey of course, in no particular order:

Hard Days Night
Rubber Soul
White album
Let it Be/Beatles for Sale

it's just too hard to pick a top five, imho

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 11:23:52 AM PST
Joyce says:
Dear FH:
omg, I got up this morning and couldn't reply to anyone's posts! I immediately thought back on my own posts last night, and thought "I must have used a swear word and they locked me out! I was almost in tears, and then I thought maybe it was because we had posted our limit, so I looked down at the bottom and saw "John, Paul, George, and Ringo" and it didn't have a lot of posts, so I took the chance, and here you are! don't scare me like that! o.k., I will email Nico and tell her where we are now, but don't know what to do about the others....I think she may know Lawrence's email, but hope the others can figure out the new home....hang on...be back soon!
love,
joyce
p.s., I still like John best!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 11:26:20 AM PST
Joyce says:
Dear E. Joy:
respect your right to your opinion, but the "White Album" is one of my favorite beatle's albums ever! I love that it is a double album (double the pleasure/double the fun), and it has some awesome songs on it too! Will list some here soon!
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 11:29:17 AM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Zaplightning:
I wholeheartedly agree! Personally, I adore John, and he has always been my favorite, "issues" and all, but I would never "no" vote someone else....that is so juvenile! The only way I MIGHT see that is if someone was being outright belligerent! Just say your "peace" in a respectful manner....don't think they should even have "no" votes!!!
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 11:31:13 AM PST
Joyce says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 11:38:17 AM PST
Music Luver says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 11:41:28 AM PST
Music Luver:

I don't know that it happens immediately, but if you check your comments, it says 1 of 1 or 1 of 2 think this adds to discussion etc. The more that vote on your comment, the more add up. Hope that makes sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 11:46:13 AM PST
Joyce says:
Dear Music Luver:
I don't know, personally, because I am a computer idiot (almost) and can only do basic stuff, but ask Cody or FH....I am sure they could tell you....it is so stupid anyway! Not you! The idea of "no" voting someone else, just because you don't like what they say!
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 11:53:01 AM PST
Joyce says:
Dearest Cody (my twin):
I am baaaaaack! I just emailed Nico and told her the new thread news, and asked her to pass it along to Lawrence....anyone have anyone else's email? If you do, could you please let them know? Like DK Pete, Mitch, etc. etc.........
Cody, I freaked out this morning when I was unable to reply to anyone....thought I had inadvertently used a swear word again, and they blocked me! Cody, do you have facebook or twitter? How about you, FH, Mitch, Pete, et. al??
Cody, how are your boys? Chicken pox and earaches gone? I hope so!
love,
joyce

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 11:54:01 AM PST
Joyce says:
Dear FH:
I just happened to notice that on your new forum you gave John top billing......that's nice....
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 12:06:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2012 12:12:28 PM PST
Joyce says:
Dear E. Joy:
the list of my favs from the white album: Dear Prudence, Glass Onion, While my guitar gently weeps, happiness is a warm gun, i'm so tired, yer blues, mother nature's son, everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey, helter skelter, revolution 1, why don't we do it in the road, julia, i will, cry baby cry, revolution 9 (yes, I actually like it!), goodnight......
I realize this list might night "change your mind" at all, but just wanted to say.......I really love this album! Along with the ones you mentioned, "Revolver", "Abbey Road", and "Rubber Soul", it is one that I go back and listen to again and again! Also, I love "let it be" (original or "naked"), even though it got a lot of flack for being the example of the beatles not getting along/breaking up.....I think it is still an awesome album, and if I could sound this good while fighting, I might even try and "pick a fight" with one of the others in order to produce more of like kind!!!!!
love,
joyce
P.S., ANYONE ELSE WANT TO LIST THEIR FAVS FROM THE WHITE ALBUM?????????

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 12:10:53 PM PST
Joyce says:
Dear FH:
thought the new forum was titled "John, Paul, George, and Ringo", but i see I was wrong! It is actually "John, George, Paul, and Ringo".....interesting........o.k. by me......to me, George and Paul kinda tie anyway as far as my own personal taste.....
(do you have facebook?)
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 1:00:34 PM PST
Hinch says:
wow! That looks awesome! Wish I could visit!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  99
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jan 2, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions