Customer Discussions > Mystery And Suspense forum

Need help finding a movie

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 4, 2012 3:46:45 PM PST
Hi, I've been trying to find a movie I saw as a child in the late 80's. I believe it's a british movie but I saw it in French back then. I think it was called " Les possédés" (The possessed). It's the story of a young couple who move into an apartment and begin to see what they believe to be the ghosts of the previous tenants: and old couple. The apparitions become more and more vivid and scary until finally they see the old woman being murdered by her husband.

The young couple decides to leave their apartment but are shocked to discover that the new tenants are the man and the woman they have been seeing as "ghosts".

I have tried to find that movie for years but cannot find anything related with Les Possédés. Can anyone help me?? Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 12:48:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2012 12:57:41 AM PST
Hi, I believe the film you are asking about is called "In Possession" from 1985. It starred Carol Lynley and Christopher Cazenove, and it was part of the "Hammer House of Mysteries" series. This particular movie was set in the Brighton Resort in England.
Unfortunately, it is not available to buy, but, if you have The Fox Channel, they will be airing it on Feb. 14 and again on Feb. 17.
I will certainly be watching (and recording) because it was definitely a superb and chilling ghost story.
Hope this helped.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 11:40:17 AM PST
A Chislosky says:
for what its worth that sounds "eerily" similar to the plot of a much more recent movie - either "Echo" or "The Echo". Definitely not the movie you're thinking of but a great horror movie nonetheless. Check it out you'll like it. And also I'm trying to think of the title of a movie from a few years ago (I think) a horror movie based on a video game that had something to do with teenagers and a big spooky house. Thats all I remember but I thought I'd ask if that rings any bells...

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 5:44:50 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 24, 2012 5:46:46 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 4, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions