Customer Discussions > Mystery forum

Recommendations for "clean" mysteries?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 940 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2015 8:54:33 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
It would be more believable if you deleted the post which violates the posting rules now that you've been informed.

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2015 7:58:41 PM PST
No worries on my part. Everyone gets one pardon. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2015 6:31:29 PM PST
hcfoster says:
Sorry - my first post. I didn't know of this rule.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2015 2:29:37 PM PST
Initial post: May 16, 2011 4:46:41 PM PDT
Amazon Community Team says:
(AMAZON OFFICIAL)
Amazon recently created a new community for authors. The `Meet Our Authors' community is designed to give authors a space to engage with one another and promote their latest and greatest works.

With the advent of the new community, we will no longer allow self promotional posts in other communities. Starting on Monday, May 16th, all "shameless self promotion" activity will be limited to the `Meet Our Authors' community. Promotional threads outside of these forums will be removed.

We invite authors and interested readers to come join the discussion at:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors

We look forward to seeing you!

Reported

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2015 2:24:50 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
reported as self-promotion

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2015 12:54:39 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 16, 2015 11:37:42 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2015 1:53:52 AM PST
Kaye says:
A very clean mystery are two books by D L Holliday "Farra Morgan" great books

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2015 9:07:44 AM PST
(AMAZON OFFICIAL)
Amazon recently created a new community for authors. The `Meet Our Authors' community is designed to give authors a space to engage with one another and promote their latest and greatest works.

With the advent of the new community, we will no longer allow self promotional posts in other communities. Starting on Monday, May 16th, all "shameless self promotion" activity will be limited to the `Meet Our Authors' community. Promotional threads outside of these forums will be removed.

Reported.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2015 9:02:46 AM PST
If you are looking for clean, fast-paced mysteries, the SILVER SISTERS MYSTERIES might be for you. They are funny, quirky, filled with twists and turns as identical twins Goldie (an over-the-hill flower child) and Godiva (a syndicated advice columnist) stumble upon situations that always get them into hot water. Their octogenarian mother Flossie and Uncle Sterling are former vaudeville magicians and love to help solve these crime capers by going undercover in disguise.

JANUARY 21-22, 2015 you can download a FREE Kindle copy of the first book in the series, A CORPSE IN THE SOUP, named Best Mystery Audio Book by USA Book News. http://amzn.to/1mzTh7T You can also read flip-book excerpts of this book and the next one in the series, TERROR IN A TEAPOT. Visit the blog http://silversistersmysteries.blogspot.com for more info and a link to the excerpts.

Enjoy. Morgan St. James, co-author of Silver Sisters Mysteries.

Posted on Jan 10, 2015 8:37:15 AM PST
daisycb says:
I have found many of the British police procedurals , especially those written in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. They tend more toward the country house type or small village type settings and are not gory. Most have the body found without going into explicit detai,l of what was done drop of blood by drop of blood. Try Catherine Aird ,Caroline Graham, June Thomson among others. Also, check out the Malice Domestic website. Malice is a convention for those who like what are called cozy mysteries and encompass a whole range of detectives, from the police, professional PIs, business owners, to crafters, mothers, teachers, and historical figures , both real and made up characters.. There will be a list of authors attending and you can check out what they write to give you ideas. Also, there are a variety of books that discuss mysteries via the types, authors, settings, etc. Check your library for these. Detecting Men and Detecting Women is a st that I found very helpful when I started . If you like, send me an email with your preferences and I can recommend some authors . dorothybermudez@comcast.net

Posted on Jan 3, 2015 11:50:00 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 4, 2015 12:02:18 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2014 2:32:56 PM PST
Ivaylo Yotov says:
B bit off from what you looking for, but maybe some brain activity would keep you just as awake as violence (:Have you read the adventures of Sherlock already?
http://ebookbees.com/adventures-of-sherlock-holmes-free-ebook/

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 7:44:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2013 8:33:51 AM PDT
C. Hall says:
Here is a whole slew of non-murder Cozy mysteries and be sure to look at their group bookshelf where there are over 400 regular cozy mysteries,I just found this goodreads group,lol!

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/56636-looking-for-mysteries-with-non-murder-plots

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 8:07:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 24, 2013 8:15:03 PM PDT
C. Hall says:
yvw.a few more Kindle Freebies...Chasing Justice (Book 1) (Piper Anderson Series)
402 pgs[contemporary mystery/suspense/romance] by Danielle Stewart
when she witnesses a prominent judge in her community committing a violent assault. Running from her own past and fueled by a passion to make the judge answer for his crimes, Piper is forced to decide if she'll play by the rules or achieve justice in her own way.

House of Secrets: A Shandra Covington Mystery (Shandra Covington Mysteries)304 pgs[mystery]by Jeffrey S. Savage
Shandra Covington simply assumed her grandmothers' house was sold after her grandmother hastily moved in with Shandra and her mother two decades ago. Yet, here it was, deeded to Shandra in her grandmother's will.
Shandra, single, aggressive, and an accomplished journalist, has tender memories of the time spent as a young girl in the old house on the hill, and her curiosity and sentimentality lead her to a final visit to the forgotten home. What she discovers shocks Shandra to her very core. Not only is the house still filled with her grandmother's old belongings, but there is also a body, long since dead, and covered with the same thick layer of dust as the rest of the items in the house.
Returning with the sheriff and his handsome deputy, Clay, they find the body missing. In its place is another body-this one dead less than 12 hours. And all evidence points to Shandra.
Desperate to clear her name and uncover the truth behind these troubling mysteries, Shandra puts her journalistic training to use. Between the reluctant townspeople, ominous warnings, and physical threats, Shandra learns the truth, little by little-knowing full well that someone is determined to keep old secrets buried, even it means burying Shandra as well . . ..

Bubba and the Dead Woman
229 pgs[mystery/humor-satire] by C.L. Bevill
Bubba Snoddy is a good old country boy with a big problem. Although he's personable, handsome, and lives in a historical Southern mansion in a small Texas town, he has just discovered the dead body of a woman to whom he was once engaged to marry. His ex-fiancée was responsible for Bubba being thrown out of the military which in turn caused his shameful return to the tiny town of Pegramville, where everyone is a consummate gossip and no one has any secrets. Sheriff John Headrick believes Bubba killed his ex-fiancée in a fit of vengeful rage. The townsfolk believe that Bubba killed his ex-fiancée in a fit of vengeful rage. Bubba's own mother believes that Bubba killed his ex-fiancée in a fit of vengeful rage. To top it all off, there are some mighty strange goings-on at the Snoddy Mansion, where ghosts walk the halls rattling chains in the midnight hour, and Bubba's own sainted mother, Miz Demetrice, runs an illegal gambling ring. Rumors run merrily rampant about Bubba, decadent Snoddy ancestors, missing Civil War gold, a to-die-for sheriff's deputy with the greenest eyes Bubba's ever seen, and a Basset Hound named Precious who likes to nip first and ask questions later. Bubba has to find out exactly who did murder his ex-fiancée and quickly before he goes to jail for the crime, or before someone murders him.
Book one in the Bubba series.
This novel has been revised for errors. I don't guarantee that there isn't it, but there's a whole lot less now.

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 5:15:50 AM PDT
critters says:
Christine: Ooo--I have The Death of Amelia Marsh (Sally Nimitz Mysteries) , but I haven't read it. I'll get to it! One Ghost Per Serving sounds good, too. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2013 6:20:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2013 6:22:53 AM PDT
C. Hall says:
critters-that sounds like a fun read,thanks! I also just found..
The Death of Amelia Marsh (Sally Nimitz Mysteries)265 pgs[mystery/thriller/suspense/cozy mystery]by MaryJo Dawson
Sally Nimitz is a widow living in a small mid-western town with a satisfying ordinary life. She is invited to visit her neighbor one afternoon, an elderly lady with a charming English accent. When she arrives for the appointment, the lady is lying on her kitchen floor, dead from a blow to the head. Sally finds herself drawn into the puzzling crime; why would anyone want to kill Mrs. Marsh? As she looks for answers, Sally discovers a talent dormant within herself for solving such a puzzle. With the aid of two friends this budding female sleuth learns Amelia Marsh's life was a mystery in itself, and there are secrets hidden in her past.

One Ghost Per Serving268 pgs[mystery/suspense/thriller/paranormal/fantasy/comedy] by Nina Post

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2013 5:28:33 AM PDT
Karen Duke says:
I totally agree with your thinking. Nice to know that I'm not the only one.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2013 11:59:27 AM PDT
critters says:
Christine, I really like Deadwood, too!

You might like this one I finished last night. It has a ghost, but I laughed so hard when she got to beating up the bad guy!! Trick Or Treat Or Murder (A Mellow Summers Paranormal Mystery)

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 11:41:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2013 6:13:16 PM PST
C. Hall says:
I apologize if these have been mentioned[I did not go through every page of this thread] but I also do not want gore,extreme detailed violence,sex or profanity,nor the 'god talk'/proselytizing of Christian books.Clean but not Christian[I do make an exception by reading some Amish mysteries].

I found these series the (Regan Reilly) by Carol Higgins Clark and (Deadwood Humorous Mystery Series #1) by Ann Charles.

Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, No. 1) couldn't get into,far too slow paced and no character development,couldn't finish.

Nearly Departed in Deadwood: Deadwood Mystery Series crude conversations,filled with profanity,stopped reading.

Falling to Pieces (Shipshewana Amish Mystery, A)

Missing: The Secrets of Crittenden County, Book One

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 10:40:18 AM PDT
Dee D says:
The books of Elizabeth Daly have been re-released on kindle. She was a popular author during the reign of Christie, Sayers and the like. I read Unexpected Night, loved it, got the next two from the library and keep waiting for the others to go on sale. Well worth the price, but unfortunately, I don't have an unlimited ebook budget. :(

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 9:22:27 PM PDT
booklover says:
If you like older books like Christie 's, you'll probably enjoy Ngaio Marsh, Marjorie Allingham, and Dorothy Sayers. All are wonderful and would meet all your requirements.

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 9:06:56 PM PDT
Rookie.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2013 6:03:09 AM PDT
Dog Lover says:
Sigh.

Reported.

DL

Posted on Oct 21, 2013 5:28:02 AM PDT
(AMAZON OFFICIAL)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2013 3:27:07 AM PDT
Any "cozy" mysteries will fit that description. I write the Fortune Teller mysteries from Berkley Prime Crime and I just wrote a cozy for Amazon's Thomas and Mercer (Peril for your Thoughts) if you're interested in any of those ;) Good luck to you.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Mystery forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mystery forum
Participants:  417
Total posts:  940
Initial post:  Jul 11, 2008
Latest post:  17 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 56 customers

Search Customer Discussions