Customer Discussions > Mystery forum

Nordic/Irish/British/Euro mysteries (NBIE V)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 8, 2011 7:47:04 AM PST
Susie says:
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to NBIE V, the 5th Nordic, Irish, British euro crime fiction mystery thread.

Susie

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 8:00:30 AM PST
I'm here and tracking.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 8:22:22 AM PST
I'm also tracking now

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 8:46:40 AM PST
Hi, Susie,

Thanks for opening number V.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 11:40:24 AM PST
Susie says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 11:44:13 AM PST
Susie says:
Hi Dolores & James,

I'm looking forward to another 10,000,-I have to say we're a great group, it's a pleasure spending time with everyone. :)

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 11:50:55 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 11:52:03 AM PST
Su Co says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 11:57:15 AM PST
Hi Susie,

I told ya.
Those things are a long-term commitment.
Up until a few years ago, they used to be made out of pure cotton.
And then, of course, they didn't last as long.
But, these days, they're purely synthetic.
And they last and last.

Of course, anything worth having is worth waiting for (and all that).

Incidentally, for those of you who don't know what the two of us are talking about, you can read all about it in a post dating from February of 2010 on MURDER IS EVERYWHERE:

http://murderiseverywhere.blogspot.com/2010/02/brazilian-wish-ribbons.html

Sorry, I don't know how to link that URL. You'll just have to copy it and paste it into your browser if you're interested.

I'm going up to the 'States for Xmas to visit a daughter.
And, if anyone here would like a ribbon or two, please let me know.
You need only drop me a line through the contact button on my web site.
Just give me a snail mail address, and I'll bring your ribbon and mail it from my daughter's place.
I'm not limiting the offer to North America.
Wherever you are - if you want one - I'll send it.

And while you guys are pasting things, here's a review of A VINE IN THE BLOOD, followed by a link to an interview:

http://www.newmysteryreader.com/November_and_December_Hardcover_Mystery.htm#vine in the blood

The book launches in hard cover, in North America, on the 27th of December.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 12:52:28 PM PST
Yikes1

I couldn't find you guys and nearly panicked. I may not post often, but I am a steady reader.

I was in Seattle yesterday and misplaced my Kindle. That made my heart beat faster! Found it today in a plastic bag of groceries. Who would have thought? (At least the groceries were the non perishable type.)

I am so happy to find you again.

Pat

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 1:34:44 PM PST
I found my way as well. Yes I know it has been a long time since I last posted, but I always follow along.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 1:42:13 PM PST
Magdalen77 says:
I'm back. That is if anyone remembers me. I went through a bad time after my beloved brother passed and I was having a hard time reading anything other than Regency romances.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 2:56:59 PM PST
Susie says:
Magdalen,

Are you kidding? Who could forget you? I've missed you, I didn't know why you stopped posting. I'm so sorry you lost your brother and that you're having such a hard time. It's not easy.
Wasn't your dad having health problems from an accident in the shower? I hope he's okay.

Thank goodness you've been able to read something to help distract you. I read a couple Regency romance books by Marion Chesney, aka MC Beaton, I liked them a lot and wished there were more than three in the series.

IIRC you used to read a million books a week, you used to blow me away.

I'm so happy to see you.

Remember Joana? She was wondering what happened to you.
She suddenly stopped posting last Easter, we didn't know what happened to her. We found out later she had had a stroke and was in rehab. She's doing much better and I'm staying in touch with her by phone. She checks the thread from time to time but isn't able to post yet.

again, I'm so glad to see you.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 2:59:53 PM PST
Susie says:
Hi All,

Joana's reading Susan Hill's new book, Betrayal of Trust. She wasn't able to get it through amazon and ordered it from somewhere else. They sent her a signed copy. Of course I can't remember who she got it from. I'll ask the next time I talk to her.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 3:27:06 PM PST
John,
I was all set to respond regarding the doner kabob and relized we'd worn out our welcome on IV!
Anyway, I wanted to mention that what you describe sounds very much like the local fast food joints that sell "Giros."
Kathy

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 3:34:15 PM PST
Jacquie says:
Mag77

Welcome back. Sorry you've been through a difficult time. We are happy to have you here no matter what you're reading.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 4:13:19 PM PST
Hi Susie and all.

It is no surprise that Ginger posted # 10,000 on NBIE IV. She and Susie are the most prolific posters here! All the rest of us are also rans! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 4:15:58 PM PST
Appropriate that Ginger posted #10,000. Now we start all over again. What fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 4:33:57 PM PST
YOu are right James, what fun Ginger

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 5:35:10 PM PST
Magdalen77 says:
Oh, Marion Chesney has written a lot of Regencies. She tends to do series of six books and they're pretty short like less than 200 pages. I started with Georgette Heyers and then went on to a bunch of the Signet Regencies. There were a bazillion of them written in the late '80s through the early '00s and Belgrave House is redoing a lot of them as $4 Kindle books.

I'm still reading some Regencies but I've started back on other genre like mysteries. I'm finally going to start on Jo Nesbo and get back to Wallander. I just finished Asa Larsson's latest. Oh and I just finished Wide Sargasso Sea. I've been meaning to read it ever since I re-read Jane Eyre last year.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 5:36:42 PM PST
Magdalen77 says:
Thanks, I really did miss you guys, but I didn't feel like I had anything to offer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 7:26:40 PM PST
Susie says:
Magdalen,

It's hard to chat when you've got big things going on. I'm just really glad you're feeling better and came out to play.

I read two great books recently, The Dinosaur Feather & Roslund & Helstom's CELL 8.

Are you reading Nesbo & Wallander for the first time?

I think I started a book by Asa Larsson and couldn't get into it, do you think she's good?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 7:28:19 PM PST
Susie says:
Jacquie, Mags,

<We are happy to have you here no matter what you're reading.>

That's right!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 7:30:37 PM PST
Susie says:
Hi Tracy,

It has been a long time since you've posted.

Thanks for popping in on opening day. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 7:33:43 PM PST
Susie says:
Hi Pat,

I couldn't find my Kindle the other day either and panicked, it's as bad as not being able to find my car keys.

I'm glad you found us. :)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Mystery forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mystery forum
Participants:  110
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 8, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 22 customers

Search Customer Discussions