Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD
Customer Discussions > Mystery forum

looking for books that are laugh out loud funny

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 576 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 8:05:35 AM PDT
L. Jenkins says:
I can't believe no one has mentioned Joan Hess' "Maggody" series. She hilariously sends up every sterotypical southern character you can think of. If you are looking for laugh-out-loud funny, she's right up there with Janet Evanovich.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 9:45:54 AM PDT
I loved Sandra Hills two Viking series. It was really funny to see how old Viking lives in the modern world.She really had me in tears from laughing so hard.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 11:05:41 AM PDT
Hi you should try Sofie Metropolis series by Tori Carrington Wonderful books. I also like Blaize Clement Pet setter books not lol but real good mysteries. Have fun

Debbie

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 11:29:29 AM PDT
I forgot to tell you about Heather Webber's, Trouble series, very funny and good mysteries.

Have more fun, Debbie

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 2:13:41 PM PDT
S. Athey says:
I've always enjoyed Susan Issacs funny & smart.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 3:07:56 PM PDT
T. C. Orr says:
Nobody makes me laugh harder or longer than Bill Bryson. Try any of the travel books. And interestingly enough, Ruth Reichl's book, "Tender at the Bone," had me so howling on an airplane once that the flight attendants asked me for the name of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 3:24:43 PM PDT
Suzer says:
Hi, I can recommend a short story actually. "Count Dracula" by Woody Allen. It's included in a book I have, called 'The Vampire Omnibus', but I'm sure you can look it up and just read it online. It's a hilarious take on the Dracula story as we know it and had me cracking up late in the night. I just couldn't help but laugh out loud at this story.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 3:39:18 PM PDT
I happen to have an autographed Bill Bryson book that my daughter who lives in England got for me several years ago. It is the perfect "pick up/put down" book because it doesn't matter where you leave off or where you pick up...it's all absolutely hilarious. It is particularly funny to me because I was a "road warrior" for business for several years...sometimes traveling five days a week.

MORGAN ST. JAMES
www.silversistersmysterie.com
A CORPSE IN THE SOUP
A wild romp through the world of TV chefs
in search of a killer.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2007 6:27:51 PM PDT
randrifter says:
I agree that Christopher Moore is hilarious, especially "Lamb." I've given 4 copies of it away and those friends have passed it on too. Everyone has the same comment that they laughed thier buns off and nearly peed their pants. After him, try anything by Tom Robbins, or Bill Fitzhugh - Heart Siezure.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 3:32:19 AM PDT
Yep, Bill Bryson is a funny guy, alright. "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid" was one of the most enjoyable memoirs I have read, and he hits the target when he discusses small towns. His small town Des Moines could have been anywhere, USA. I grew up in Indianapolis, and related to most of what he wrote of. I have visited Des Moines many times over the years, and been to many of the places he referred to; he got it right, and with great humor.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 6:38:04 AM PDT
Cold Trail
A Novel by Tony Canzoneri
Investigating an apparent suicide, the Sheriff of a rural county in Mississippi stumbles on a huge illegal drug operation, a serial killer, and just maybe the girl of his dreams. With the help of a pyromaniac, a couple of transvestite hit-men and some redneck friends this cold trail turns red hot. Follow the trail of bullets, bombs and truckstop waitresses, and you'll laugh all the way to the funeral.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 7:43:04 AM PDT
capsule says:
I can't remember the author's name but the books Fire Sale and Where's Poppa are really laugh out loud funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 11:03:32 AM PDT
Naked by David Sedaris. Hilarious.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 2:31:08 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 18, 2007 2:49:43 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 4:04:47 PM PDT
Holly Havens says:
Try the "Bubbles" series by Sarah Strohmeyer. The first one is "Bubbles Unbound".

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 4:31:58 PM PDT
Harlan Coben's Myron Bolitar novels are usually good for a few snarky laughs and great characterization. If you like the "Undead & ..." series, try out Jennifer Cruise's Carpe Demon - Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom. The title says it all, and there are two sequels (California Demon and Demons are Forever).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2007 7:21:52 PM PDT
S. Smith says:
My favorite laugh-out loud author is Joan Hess. She has two mystery series: the Maggody, Arkansas, books, where the main character is the female sheriff in a little hick town and the Claire Malloy series, where the main character is a bookstore owner in a college town. Lots of bodies, lots of laughs, and a quick read.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2007 6:48:33 AM PDT
T. Manekin says:
Try the Hitchcock Sewell series by Tim Cockey: "Hearse of a Different Color","The Hearse You Came In On", etc. Five books in all with funny, engaging characters. The same author, writing under the name Richard Hawke, has a new series, the Fritz Malone books. Check them out.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2007 12:52:10 PM PDT
ElleHaygue says:
You can try the Pauline Sokol series by Lori Avocato, the Pyschic Eye series by Victoria Laurie, Flower shop mystery series by Kate Collins, Blackbird Sisters by Nancy Martin, and the Domestic Bliss series by Leslie Caine... all of them are greattt.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2007 1:06:59 PM PDT
Try Mary Lou's Bridge and Murder Club, an hilarious adventure featuring four older bridge club members on an unbelievable adventure.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2007 1:07:01 PM PDT
Try Mary Lou's Bridge and Murder Club, an hilarious adventure featuring four older bridge club members on an unbelievable adventure.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2007 1:27:22 PM PDT
T. Bryant says:
Pending on where you're from, Hiassen ranges from laugh out loud to downright hysterical.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2007 4:43:01 PM PDT
Major Kong says:
"Letters from a Nut" by Ted L. Nancy. Introduction by Jerry Seinfeld. Avon Books. 1997.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2007 4:15:21 PM PDT
Danitaylor says:
Hi wanda, ( I think this will post in my boyfriends name - my name is Dani though)
Anyway, Have you read Julia's Chocolates?? It was not a book I would have picked out (I read James Patterson, Stuart Woods kind of books), but it is laugh outloud book. It was pasted around the building I work in and EVERYONE laughed out loud at some point and usually several points in this book.
Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2007 4:54:45 PM PDT
Melanie R. says:
I would recommend the Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery series by Tamar Myers.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Mystery forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mystery forum
Participants:  257
Total posts:  576
Initial post:  Oct 13, 2007
Latest post:  May 6, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 52 customers

Search Customer Discussions