Customer Discussions > Mystery forum

Im in need of some new authors to read Please!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2008 1:54:13 AM PST
Liz says:
Try the China Bayles series by Susan Wittig Albert

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2008 7:59:46 AM PST
I'm a mystery author. Am I allowed to contribute here? I think my book, "Turn Left at September" might hold your interest.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2008 8:51:57 AM PST
Welcome to our light fun readers club! As teachers, we see sadness and heartache.........we need rip roaring fun reads!! Try--- Diana Mott Davidson, Joan Hess (magoddy series :), Jill Churchhill, "Bubbles Ablaze" author (can't think of her name!), Gillian Roberts, Tamar Myers, Lillian Jackson Braun 'Cat Who....." series, M.C. Beaton. I have spent so many wonderful hours with my 'paper friends'! enjoy.........

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2008 9:10:00 AM PST
Donna Andrews has two series going that are fun.
Iris Johansen is quite excellent, but more serious. Also like Diane Mott Davidson, whose main character is a caterer. Includes lots of cool recipes.
Also, check out StopYoureKillingMe.com. You can look up authors or characters. Very cool.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2008 11:51:56 AM PST
Victoria says:
Have you tried Sue Grafton, the Alphabet series? They are very similar to Janet Evanovich.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2008 8:40:12 AM PST
Try Mignon Ballard's angel mysteries, or the Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton. Both are fun and easy reads with a little "otherworldly" flavor.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2008 10:47:16 AM PST
Carol Hoenig says:
Hi Kimberly,

Look at the comments for John Rhodes' Who Killed Callaway? and see if that is a new author you'd like to try. I am not a fan of mystery, but his novel was very impressive. By reading the customer reviews, I see I wasn't the only one. Full disclosure, I am his publicist, but I truly do believe he's worth checking out. (It's my reputation that's on the line, too, if I didn't steer you right.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2008 11:40:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2008 11:42:17 AM PST
Recently released, "The Manuscript...a motive for murder?" Author: Joanne Connors-Wade. She has written two previous books (true crime) "No Tomorrows" is about the abduction/murder of six children. "A Thread of Evidence" is an account of a double homicide which occurred in 1954. Both are riveting and real page turners. "The Manuscript" is a fictional murder mystery, truly a 'who done it' that grips the reader and holds him captive to the very end. Worth taking a look at this one! www.jconnorswade

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2008 7:18:52 PM PST
I am the Facilitator of a Mystery Book Club. I read several books each week and in 2007 one of the best books I read was THE BLADE ITSELF by Marcus Sakey. Also, you could try IN THE WOODS by Tana French. She is Irish, I think, and the book is the type you won't soon forget. If you like serial killer books, one of the best of the year was HEARTSICK by Chelsea Cain. And, if you would like to read a very good author, you might try Greg Iles. He has written several books and they are all great.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2008 10:41:07 AM PST
Margaret M says:
Try Charlaine Harris, Anne George, Leslie Meier, Joanna Carl, Nancy Martin, Mary Daheim, Jill Churchill, and Katherine Hall Page.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2008 11:20:47 AM PST
Try Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2008 3:41:06 PM PST
foxglove says:
Kimberly,
I Think that if you go to The Rue Morgue Vintage Mysteries you will find some of the zaniest mysteries every. They reprint Vintage Mysteries and most of the authors will not be ones that you have heard of. For example the Little sisters who lived and wrote in New Jersey. You can read about them on Amazon. I am having a wonderful time

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2008 11:27:04 AM PST
Try Amanda Cross's Kate Fansler mysteries; Lilian Jackson Braun's "Cat Who..." mysteries. These are all very light and whimsical stories

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2008 12:10:55 PM PST
C. Junod says:
Kimberly try:
T. Jefferson Parker
Harlan Coben
Michael Connelly
Robert Crais
John D. Mac Donald (Travis Mc Gee Series)
James Patterson
Nelson DeMille

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2008 1:09:58 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 25, 2008 1:16:03 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2008 1:14:49 PM PST
Phil Rickman's Merrily Watkins mystery series.
UK/Wales boder environment. Merrily is a Vicar and Deliverance provider for Dioceses. In other words the local Exorcist

Ourstanding and wonderful reads

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2008 1:33:12 PM PST
Try the McCoy series, set in Detroit and Northern Michigan.

THE UNREAL McCOY

TURN LEFT at SEPTEMBER

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2008 1:57:07 PM PST
H. Dolan says:
You might try William Lashner's Victor Carl series, or Lawrence Block's "Burglar" books.

Harry Dolan
http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Things-Happen-Official-Entrant/dp/B00124COJI

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2008 2:35:42 PM PST
maggie may says:
Read Wendigo Moon

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2008 3:10:24 PM PST
orr333 says:
Thanks for the post - I have received some great suggestions here!

Some of my favorites are Brian Freeman's soon to be 3 books (2 out now) and I just started reading the PJ Tracy series starting with Monkeewrench. This was a great read! I have links to their sites on my blog which is www.theorracle.blogspot.com

Happy reading!
Lyle

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2008 3:45:14 PM PST
Faddy Malone says:
"Chasing Hunter" a suspense/mystery/thriller by new author Cort Malone - getting rave reviews on Amazon. Check it out!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2008 4:43:25 PM PST
knitter2 says:
If it's lighthearted mysteries you're looking for, my vote is for MC Beaton's Agatha Raisin series. It's oftentimes a laugh-out-loud read. Try to read them in order, as there is an continuing storyline throughout the mysteries.

I agree that JA Jance's JP Beaumont series is wonderful (again, try to read them in order), but it is not lighthearted and humorous.

It's always fun to try new authors. Let us know if you find some you really do enjoy, maybe they'll be new to us, too! Happy reading!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2008 4:56:44 PM PST
C. Mccleskey says:
Kimberly
You might enjoy James Patterson's "women's Murder Club" series. There is a new tv series based loosely on these books but, I think the books are better.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2008 5:30:59 AM PST
Pastor Gary says:
Try the author Jill McGown. She has a series of English mysteries. Unfortubately she died about a year ago leaving the series unfinished, but the 10 or so books she wrote were very good.
gwp

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2008 8:47:19 AM PST
You could try my new book (The Attic Above).
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Mystery forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mystery forum
Participants:  727
Total posts:  1243
Initial post:  Jan 18, 2008
Latest post:  Jan 10, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 65 customers

Search Customer Discussions