Customer Discussions > Mystery forum

What's your favorite all-time favorite mystery book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 501-508 of 508 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 13, 2012 2:22:19 PM PDT
booklass says:
Well, I just finished The Cold Light of Mourning by Elizabeth Duncan, and I really liked that, and I just finished Charlotte MacLeod's book The Family Vault, and that0 was VERY good. Still LIfe by Louise Penny runs neck and neck with MacLeod's The Family Vault as favorite mysteries. Duncan brings up the rear. For now. 8-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 10:16:10 PM PDT
Flaminga77 says:
This was the first Agatha Christie I read and I figured it out, in my teens.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 4:20:41 PM PDT
AMS says:
My favorites.... Everything by Ross MacDonald, Dashiell Hammett and Dorothy Sayers. Those are the three that make up the top tier. A recent read that I enjoyed very much and recommend to anyone who will listen is The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:14:47 AM PST
my old time favorite is Katzenbach's The Analyst, the best psychological novel I've ever read! it keeps you thrilled throughout the whole book! and right in the middle it changes completelly!
absolutelly loved it!
I hope you'd like it as well

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 4:14:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 4:15:19 AM PST
Annie M. says:
RE: Katzenbach's The Analyst. I agree with Natalia! That book led me to look up and read every book I could find written by Katzenbach. That was quite a while ago, thank you for reminding me of him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:11:53 AM PST
yes! I did that as well!! which do you think was the best after The Analyst?
thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 10:46:23 AM PST
Annie M. says:
Hi, Re the best after "The Analyst"..That is a hard question. I can remember parts of some stories, but to try and put titles on them I couldn't. I remember some titles, "The Madman"s Tale" "The Traveller"...It really has been a long time since I read them. I know I read "The Analyst" twice just because I enjoyed the twists of it. I'm sorry to say the only book of his I didn't care for was his most famous, I think, "Hart's War", but that was just because it wasn't my style. Maybe I should try it again.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 8:25:35 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 29, 2012 9:24:26 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Mystery forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mystery forum
Participants:  266
Total posts:  508
Initial post:  Apr 5, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 59 customers

Search Customer Discussions