Customer Discussions > Mystery forum

Short Stories

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 13, 2012 7:28:05 PM PDT
I am looking for Websites that have contemporary and/or classic short stories, mysteries or mainstream. Any suggestions?
Your reply to John R. Corrigan/K.A.Delaney's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 3:52:59 AM PDT
ScribeSlice. www.scribeslice.com

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 10:37:57 AM PDT
Amanda Peck says:
Hmmm. I was once in an on-line community that reminds me a bit of scribeslice. It would be nice to get back into one of these. Thanks for the information.

Seems like a lot of the old stuff is available on-line for free, but you may have to know what you are looking for. Ernest Thompson Seton's story of OLD SILVERSPOT from WILD ANIMALS I HAVE KNOWN (also the rest of that book, but I think that that is my favorite. Not just me, a dyslexic friend stayed up late to read it, happy and fascinated, when most reading was frustrating and a good reason to shred or throw the books. That said, she had grown up in an alternative community out in the country.) Seems it's on line two or three different places.

Here's an early mystery--not to mention a large site with a lot of out-of-copyright books.

http://www.online-literature.com/leroux/yellow_room/

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2012 3:10:15 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 5, 2012 3:40:36 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 7:53:06 AM PDT
m lynn says:
CatharsisChris Vaughn, this was a good read.

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 4:03:19 AM PDT
nigel p bird says:
I really like Shotgun Honey if you're still interested. And All Due respect is fantastic.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 12:54:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2013 12:55:06 PM PST
Nath Jones says:
I've been writing collections of short stories. Kind of looking at the form from raw to refined.

We just released the audio edition of the first collection The War Is Language: 101 Short Works: On Impulse, Volume 1.

Winner of the 2013 Eric Hoffer E-book Fiction Award, The War Is Language is a destruction of narrative, an experimental collection of flash fiction.

These often humorous pieces exist at story's amorphous limit of spoken word and deconstruction. This disordered collection makes a mosaic with cathartic, inflammatory language.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Nath

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2013 1:08:32 PM PST
Miss M says:
Nathalie,
Per Amazon's Terms of Service, the only place authors can self-promote is the Meet Our Authors Forum. You probably should delete your post - there are many customers who automatically mark self-promoting authors as 'do not buy' - plus they get reported & deleted by Amazon, which is not a good thing...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mystery forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions