Customer Discussions > Mystery forum

Help me identify this author

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 15, 2012 9:50:37 AM PDT
Jill Angus says:
Yesterday when I was at the chiropractor's office, I chatted with a woman who recommended an author who's name she couldn't recall. The details she gave are as follows:

The author is female.

Mysteries
Written during WWI era and between WWI and WWII
Set contemporaneously
Set in American Midwest
Frequent mention of Presbyterian Churches

One mystery involves the unveiling of German spy in a production facility in Chicago

Thanks in advance

Posted on Aug 24, 2012 11:53:21 AM PDT
Amanda Peck says:
stopyourekillingme has lists by period (e.g. 1910-1920) and location. They do not have everything--I have once or twice sent them emails on what I thought were important omissions, but I don't do it regularly. But I'd think they would have this, especially if it has been in print continuously.

The only think I can think of--and can remember NO DETAILS about--was one in which our heroine was a servant girl in a rich household, but I think that one was New York.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:33:41 AM PST
The writer refers to himself as a Tennessee Poet, his book is about an actual murder of a friend in southern california. He is humorous and clean

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 9:15:34 AM PST
You may find it here: http://historicalnovelsociety.org/ . Whether you do or not, this is a great website for anyone who enjoys historical fiction.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mystery forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Aug 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions