Customer Discussions > Netbook forum

Netbook or Tablet for Facebook games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 60 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 31, 2011 1:50:02 PM PDT
Music Lover says:
I was looking for either a tablet or netbook where I can check e-mails and play Facebook games for around $200. I haven't had much luck with finding a tablet that I can use for Facebook games. So can anybody recommend an inexpensive Netbook that has WiFi and 7 - 10 inch screen that will work with Facebook Games? I'm not real tech savvy so a simple answer of the names of some I could research is really all I need if there are any available. I cannot spend over $250 max. Thanks for any help in advance.

Posted on Apr 30, 2011 8:17:12 PM PDT
WolfPup says:
You can occasionally find something on sale for $200-250ish, but typically $300 is the normal starting point.

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 11:26:20 AM PDT
webdoctors says:
I got the Nook Color for $185, it plays facebook games since it supports flash, and overclocked to 1.3 GHz, the tablet is very fast. It goes for sale on and off.

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 1:32:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2011 1:33:29 PM PDT
Music Lover says:
Thanks to everybody for the responses. I've already found a notebook that works with the Facebook games I play and I'm very happy with it. Unfortunately it cost a lot more than the one webdoctor bought.

Posted on Jul 17, 2011 6:15:04 AM PDT
C. L. Marsh says:
Well, which one did you get?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2011 8:08:41 PM PDT
spookiewon says:
Root it and install Nookiecomb and it'll do most anything!

Posted on Aug 23, 2011 10:55:55 AM PDT
i want to pay farmville.. can you do that on a netbook or better yet a tablet..

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2011 10:57:02 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
You'd need a real OS for that I think-so a full Windows tablet yes, but not like the iPad or Touchpad or Android or something like that.

I'd assume an Atom or AMD c50 based system would be fast enough for Farmville, though a full CPU would be all around better.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 12:01:53 AM PST
D. Bradt says:
I also have the nook color. I can't figure out how to root it though. When you do root it, does it start up like normal or is it totally changed? I have read where some people have kept it normal and yet the rooting is all on the sd card? What games can you play?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 10:57:07 AM PST
WolfPup says:
It's supposed to be super easy to convert it to a normal Android tablet-like I guess intentionally so-but I don't know how you go about that, and of course you'd want to be sure you trust where ever you're getting info from, since technically bad guys could put out files to do it too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 11:58:27 AM PST
I also have the Nook Color but am unable to play Facebook games - they are too slow or I get a message that the browser is not compatible

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2011 2:14:21 PM PST
1-Opinion says:
Which one?

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 2:47:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 12, 2012 12:19:46 AM PST
R. Duncan says:
Get one that runs windows 7. I have an adroid tablet and most facebook,namely zynga games won't run on it. You can accept gifts. But the screen is too small for optimal game play if you can get them to load at all.tablets are good for email and reading books. I just got the kindle fire for Xmas. Love it. It plays video very well. You can play the mobile versions of some facebook games but it isn't as fun as the full version available on a regular computer. If you want something to lay in bed with,carry around the house to watch videos,play music,read books,email and web browse get a kindle fire. if you are a serious gamer,or downloader get a regular laptop with an external TB harddrive.But if you just want to read documents,play videos,music,email,and surf the web kindle fire is the way to go. Love laying in bed with it. 8 p

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 8:11:27 PM PST
I got the Samsung Galaxy Tab, but it will not run anything with flash...now I'm out the money for that (trying to get a refund now) and every other option I've looked at is either over $500 or so poorly reviewed I'm scared to try.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 2:03:21 PM PST
Luanne says:
I am looking to buy a tablet to check e mail, play facebook games, read books. I am not tech savvy, so "rooting" my nook color is not really an option for me. I want a tablet so I can take it to work when I work overnights and play. A lap top is too big to bring in, so I am hoping I can find a decent tablet, any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 2:09:37 PM PST
I had the same question/request..I was suggested to get a samsung Galaxy tab 10.1..this was a VERY bad idea. While I have grown to enjoy my little tablet, it would NOT play facebook games. I have heard that it is possible..but I actually took my tablet into a Verizon store and had them take a look at it, because no matter what anyone suggested/did they would not run. Facebook loads fine, and the games begin, but they crash after a few seconds which actually made it more furstrating then fun. You can surf, read messages, and reading books works perfectly..but if you want to run games this is a no joy..at least for now, I have read and been told that it will be possible/added in the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 4:17:24 PM PST
R. Duncan says:
tablets don't play facebook games.you might be able to on ipad2 which is $500.
you can get a mini laptop that is 10 or 12 inches for less than that. maybe a windows 7 tablet but again they cost the same or more than a regular laptop. i own 2 android tablets and a kindle fire.the kindle will play the express version of farmville and other zynga games.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 1:30:43 PM PST
Are you saying that yes you can play the express version of farmville on the kindle fire? You just download an app for that? And how does it compare to the regular version? Does it crash as others say it does?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 10:35:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2012 10:37:28 PM PST
R. Duncan says:
you can play the express version on the kindle fire but it's nothing like the regular version. you can't see your farm you just get asked what crops you want to plant and how many. gifts are like accepting them from zynga emblem on your farm. you accept and are asked if you want to send one back. everything is done in text format. i haven't had a problem with crashes on the fire like i do on my android tablet(2.2) but. i stopped playing it on fire because i like the full version that is on a regular computer better. you don't have to install an app. just sign into facebook and click on farmville.
you will automatically. be taken to the express version. if you want to game get a regular laptop. they come in small sizes from 7-12 inches. the new tablets running windows 7 and android 4.0 are suppose to run flash and games without any problems. but if you are going to spend $300-$500 just get a regular laptop.even the 15-17 inch ones are made to weigh only 5lbs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 8:03:30 AM PST
WolfPup says:
What about even an 11.6" notebook? Mine isn't really much different in size than an iPad 2, and of course is way more capable, even if it is low end by PC standards.

NO tablet outside of something running real Windows is going to be appropriate for Flash games. They're flaky now, and Adobe announced they're ending support.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 8:04:09 AM PST
WolfPup says:
No, you can't. iOS doesn't have Flash and ever will. It would be worse than the Android situation, which is already terrible.

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 2:45:18 PM PDT
The Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet is a nice tablet but it sucks big time if you want to do anything on Facebook with it! I am very disappointed as when I was doing my research so many people said there would b no problem playing games on FB; well that was totally wrong! Facebook loads up but it is super slow and when a game finally finishes loading it usually just freezes up!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2012 6:58:06 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
Yeah, Android and iOS are basically "toy" OSes, and aren't appropriate for anything complex like that. You'd want Windows or OS X (or possibly even Linux) for that.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 7:13:42 PM PDT
How would u go about rooting??

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 7:15:56 PM PDT
I need a tablet that will play fb zynga games, what should I look for to know if it will play them or not?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Netbook forum (602 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Netbook forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  Mar 31, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions