Customer Discussions > Networking forum

Router Recommendations?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 23, 2012 7:23:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 23, 2012 7:23:53 PM PDT
James Toy says:
I'm looking for a decent (not top of the line, just respectable) wireless router to go with a tablet. Main uses would be reading news online, email, downloading ebooks, and occasional You Tube videos. No heavy gaming or movies. Might want to connect it to my wireless-capable printer as well. Don't want to spend more than about $50. I was looking at the Netgear WNR2000, which I like because it has a button to turn wireless off without turning the whole thing off. Is that a decent model? Any other suggestions?

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 11:10:57 AM PDT
ADT says:
Is there a router that can be plugged into the back of a cable box as I do not have internet service? I want to use it with a kindle4

ADT

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 4:02:10 AM PDT
MikeT says:
Router plugged into a cable TV box? No, this will not get you internet service. If you want internet service through your cable TV provider you must pay for their internet service and they will provide you with an internet modem. From this modem you can plug in a router.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Networking forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jul 23, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 31, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions