Customer Discussions > New Age Music forum

Looking for New Age music: soft, gentle, relaxing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 99 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2010 3:38:43 AM PST
kjon99fm says:
Looking for some solo guitar, solo piano and solo harp music from unheard-of artists. Very quiet, soft, gentle, relaxing, tranquil, soothing, etc. Also interested in artists who's sound is very much like the old Windham Hill artists of the '80s.

Posted on Nov 26, 2010 4:55:59 PM PST
Please listen to "Apology To The Animals & Lost Land", a 2CD box-set by my Dad Stephen Whynott. These beautiful instrumental (no vocals) CD's are his latest releases and can be sampled here on Amazon.com at the new age box-set section. Dad was one of the artists Will Ackerman (Windham Hill) liked enough to discuss future musical considerations with in the late 1970's, so I think you'll find his music very emotionally moving on many levels...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2010 1:01:00 AM PST
Stein Tumert says:
Check Out "Ray of Light" by Berdon Kirksaether
Ray of Light

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 3:16:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2010 3:36:05 PM PST
Steven says:
I know you would love this.

Flight of Rings

See http://www.last.fm/music/Blue+Cyberia for samples

Posted on Dec 25, 2010 4:48:27 PM PST
Mainer says:
Singh Kaur: This Universe

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 2:36:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2010 3:21:01 PM PST
LPBeethe says:
For soothing New age music I listen to alot of Rob Whitsides-Woo's music. I LOVE: MIRACLES, FROM HEART TO CROWN, MOUNTAIN LIGHT, SOUJOURN especially. You can listen to samples of his music here on Amazon when you go to each cd.

I also love Aeoliah's MAJESTY. "Inner Mounting Flame" is especially beautiful. Again, you can listen to samples on Amazon.

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 3:17:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2010 3:21:47 PM PST
LPBeethe says:
Another way I would recommend finding new music. Listen to the New age music channel on your cable connection. Here with Time Warner the channel is called Soundscapes. It's a wonderful way to find new music without paying for it first and then regretting it.

I love this one by Gandalf called Mystic Voyage from his album LOTUS LAND. LIsten to it on youtube.com. I doscovered it on Soundscapes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucwSRtfCoBc

Posted on Jan 2, 2011 8:34:32 AM PST
not exactly unknown artists, but you might like "quiet music" by steve roach or "thursday afternoon" by brian eno.

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 8:04:31 AM PST
Rob says:
If you need some relaxation and inspiration, listen to my spoken word life coaching album You Are The Hero: Coaching And Affirmations

Just pick whatever track you need and press play...

Happy New Year!

Posted on Jan 11, 2011 6:31:57 PM PST
P. Tittle says:
try chris wind - Ruby Rose, stillwood, for Amelia (mostly solo piano)
also Drury, Hennie Becker

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 8:47:17 AM PST
Jhandy says:
Taqsim to Antlia' Taqsim to Antlia' by Clive Wright is beautiful solo guitar, Dagger review: ' One of the most beautiful restful albums of 2010, a quite master piece' also i an just listening to his newalbum ,I love 'Les Nuages de Paris' very recommended music for New Age ,Ambient

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 9:08:51 AM PST
Jhandy says:
Live Ambient 2: Starjam Beta, les Nuages de Paris by Clive Wright

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2011 11:35:53 AM PST
John Steiner "Out of the Blue" and "Into the Green" (piano) Excellent albums. Exactly what you are looking for!!!

Posted on Jan 27, 2011 11:06:46 AM PST
Jhandy says:
Taqsim to AntliaCandylionLittle WindowsSong for Lost Blossoms

Posted on Jan 28, 2011 8:29:01 PM PST
SpencerB says:
New England Roads by William Ackerman. It's available at Target stores. Great acoustic chamber music.

Posted on Jan 30, 2011 1:36:42 PM PST
BECAUSE I LOVE YOU SO...by Jim Jenkins, that's me! Often played on SOUNDSCAPE Comcast Cable TV. I live in Seattle, WA. Let me know how you like, OK? Tks

Posted on Jan 30, 2011 1:41:40 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 30, 2011 1:42:53 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 30, 2011 4:34:10 PM PST
For harp music check out the band, Harp46. I'm not sure if they're on Amazon but they're on cdbaby and are amazing!!

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 6:34:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2011 6:34:53 AM PST
JJ says:
Check out the newest meditation CD from Deepak Chopra The Secret of Healing: Meditations for Transformation and Higher Consciousness

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2011 9:30:47 AM PST
Barbara Benn says:
You may enjoy my latest CD, "Lighter Than Air,"
Lighter Than Air
which I developed for a yoga flow class. It is mostly piano and strings, and includes a collaboration with my daughter, a wonderful cellist.
Happy listening!
Barbara Benn

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2011 1:42:53 PM PST
Spring Time

This is one CD I think is for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2011 2:47:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 31, 2011 2:49:30 PM PST
Check out my album, "Soaking In His Love" by Terri Geisel.
Soaking In His Love / Remastered - Instrumental Prayer Music
Harp sounds on the song, "Tranquil Strength". The rest of album is mainly piano/strings meditative music...very soothing! Sold as MP3 or Physical CD ~ Enjoy!! ;-)

Posted on Feb 1, 2011 10:13:02 AM PST
you can find the music you are looking for:

here: http://www.reverbnation.com/store/view_item_album/artist_160227?item_id=253745
and
here: Spring Time

And for who lives in U.S. the shipping costs are really cheap! "Carpe Diem", take the moment ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2011 11:40:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2011 11:46:33 AM PST
Glen Burg says:
If you like Windham Hill, _maybe_ you'll see the link to Windham Hill that I do on the instrumentals I added to Kimspirational's album, "Yes! Yes! Yes!" (These are the same musical pieces that accompany her meditations on the same album.) In order to properly accompany the meditations, I've kept them as simple as possible: piano, guitar, a Japanese instrument whose name I can't recall, and something ressembling Jon Anderson's "Olias of Songhilow" album, or "Song of Seven" piece, for "The Circle of Angels", which closes it all. MP3s are available at Amazon.com at a reasonable price, but you may be able to find the CD online at a lesser price than the one at which Amazon.com sells it (hint, hint). My own album, "Home: A Reflection" (also available here in MP3 form) has been referred to by Kimspirational as a bit "busier", but so far the unsolicited comments I received were that it was also quite relaxing... and a little jazzier at times as well. I welcome your feedback. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2011 10:52:28 PM PST
G. Tillery says:
there name is 2002
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the New Age Music forum (138 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  New Age Music forum
Participants:  67
Total posts:  99
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions