Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM
Customer Discussions > New Age Music forum

Looking for some synthesized new age music

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 72 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2008 11:16:40 PM PST
Hey all, I'm new to the new age scene but I really enjoy tracks with no vocals, and only synthesized sounds and largely woodwind instruments. I know this may seem specific but I have heard this music before and its not performed by an orchestra or a band really, but I have for searched through tons of tracks here on amazon and elsewhere and have just not found what I am looking for. I am sorry if I am vague but any help or direction is appreciated!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2008 9:52:24 PM PST
Try Robert Rich, Steve Roach, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schultze, Deep Space Network, Biosphere, Christopher Franke, Global Communication, Synergy, Vangelis, Viridian Sun or Stars Of The Lid. All are instrumental ambient synthesized space music. Try Kitaro if you like a mix of synth and accoustic music, out of 23 albums he has that I have, one has singing on it and it's Jon Anderson.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2008 9:21:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2008 9:24:03 PM PST
rkenter says:
Hi Tyler - I believe what you are looking for will be available mostly in the new age NARADA label. Artists like David Lanz & Paul Speer, Spencer Brewer, Eric Tingstad & Nancy Rumbel, Ira Stein & Russel Walder, Wayne Gratz, Bruce Mitchell use woodwinds to good effect

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2008 10:33:18 PM PDT
Try Crystalline Dream - Threshold

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2008 4:35:27 PM PDT
NewAgeMusic says:
I HIGHLY recommend "Harmony" & "The Present" by Torben Thoger, both very ESSENTIAL if you like instrumental New Age Music.
available at Amazon.com on CD and for MP3 Download

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2008 5:39:59 PM PDT
D. Colvin says:
A Night in the Vapor Jungle by John Flomer.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2008 4:16:17 PM PDT
NewAgeMusic says:
you should check out that new Ram Dass CD with DJ kriece "Cosmix":
Cosmix is a rhythmic, energizing album that merges timeless wisdom with modern sounds, chants, and world instruments. Ram Dass' most relevant dialogue is mixed with moving, chilled back electronica perfect for yoga, meditation, or atmospheric entertainment. The music dominates without diminishing the power of Ram Dass' messages on tracks "Mantra," "Stuck," "The Game," "Additya Hridayam," and six others. The enhanced CD also contains a historic, heartwarming ten minute video excerpt from "The Last Dance," Ram Dass' final recorded conversation with his life-long friend, the late LSD guru, Timothy Leary, who encouraged Ram Dass to celebrate death as the next transitional stage on their journey. Ram Dass is a spiritual and cultural icon known for embracing and sharing Eastern teachings with the West. Famous for his lifelong friendship with the late LSD researcher Timothy Leary, Ram Dass' path took him in another direction, to India where he embraced spiritual enlightenment with his guru Neem Karoli Baba. Inspired, he wrote the ground-breaking and noteworthy guidebook "Be Here Now," over thirty years before Eckhart Tolle shared a similar message with the world. I STRONGLY recommend that you check this album out ... AVAILABLE AT: Amazon, Itunes and CDbaby on CD and for MP3 download

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2008 5:30:15 PM PDT
Bandini says:
I second Stars Of The Lid. I listen to them constantly. Also check out Brian Eno (his "Shutov Assembly" record is really great). There are a lot of various Bill Laswell-related ambient records that are really good too. Though they vary widely in instrumentation. His collaborations with Pete Namlook (who does great solo work in the vein of what you're looking for) are definitely worth a listen. Recently I've been listening to Aaditya's "Form Is Emptiness." Great stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2008 6:28:56 PM PDT
One of the best synthesized albums is "Resonance" by Doucet & Miraz, please check it out here on Amazon...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2008 12:29:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2008 12:29:41 PM PDT
Ambient Guy says:
Give Ambient Music artists such as Steve Roach, Solar Fields, ASNAZZY, Boards of Canada, Tangerine Dream, Vangelis, Androcell, Robert Rich, The Orb, Saafi Brothers, a good listen and there are many more out there of course.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2008 5:54:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2008 6:01:37 PM PDT
Aurenugeth says:
You also might try the likes of Amethystium. They are similar to many of the artists listed here, but I have found none quite like them as far as synthesized sounds and and very airy ambiance. No vocals, but some backing vocals treated more like an instrument...trippy soundscapes, use of groove, downtempo

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2008 6:42:08 PM PDT
D.L. says:
Bradley Joseph is a master at the keyboards, having toured with Yanni and Sheena Easton for many years, with his brilliant work heard on Yanni Live at the Acropolis. Try his albums Rapture or One Deep Breath.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2008 6:13:35 PM PST
Miss G. says:
Hey Tyler, I think Ann Licater (flutes) and Paradiso (didgeridoo) would be interesting to hear...www.fluteforthesoul.com and www.fifthelementmusic.com...they both just played Carnegie Hall in October 2008.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2008 6:22:49 PM PST
Bruce Banner says:
liquid mind

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2008 3:51:54 AM PST
Hi Tyler. My wife has an album out that you might enjoy called "Phantom Muse" by Becky Ayers. She works really hard at creating music that allows the listener to imagine their own story to go with the music. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family does. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2008 9:01:40 AM PST
Kevin Brooks says:
Hey Tyler -

There is lots of stuff out there...I can give you a few things to look into:

Stars of the Lid - mellow synthesizer...very atmospheric
Jesus in Japan - cool, calming electronic atmospheres
Brian Eno/Harold Budd - in particular an album called "The Pearl"
Brian McBride
Michael Brook
and if you like horns, there's an album by Stuart Dempster that has a lot of horns and flutes recorded in cavernous spaces...haunting and beautiful.

Hope that helps!

Kevin

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2008 1:26:42 AM PST
William Hale says:
Billy Hale's "Tales Thice Travelled" has alot of what you have described.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2008 12:30:10 PM PST
Dan says:
Check out the 1991 release, "Indigo", by Patrick O'Hearn. Still sounds great, even in 2008. As of this writing, it's not available on Amazon.com MP3 Downloads, but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2008 5:47:04 PM PST
Paine says:
I'd just like to second the Klaus Schulze recommendation.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2008 6:15:23 PM PST
Musica says:
check out the CD 'Basic Human Necessity' by Orenji. great ambient / new age music

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2008 1:11:56 PM PST
NRS GETTA says:
Daniel Mark has a new song called "Make Me". It's synthesized with a live feel.
Hope this helps.
ASIN: B001OCCW0Y

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2008 1:12:20 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 30, 2008 1:12:53 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2008 1:12:21 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 30, 2008 1:13:11 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2008 8:29:39 PM PST
Tyler,

I take it you want us to tell you what that was that you heard? I don't think I can help but I have some music in mind for you.

Peter Phippen plays bamboo flute also - Riley Lee - bamboo dreams. outside the flute stuff I highly recommend

Vangelis - Oceanic

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 8:35:29 PM PST
G. davis says:
i think you'd like my albums on the kranky label.
"Somnia" - Somnia
&
"Mutually Arising" - Mutually Arising
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the New Age Music forum (138 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Looking for some synthesized new age music 71 Aug 16, 2015
Looking for Thunderstorm CD with music/poetry 18 Aug 12, 2015
Hein Braat 5 Dec 27, 2014
Critique my new age album pre-release 1 May 11, 2014
David Arkenstone - any others? 5 Sep 19, 2013
Music with DVD For alzheimers Patients 5 Aug 19, 2013
help with Hearts of Space 0 Aug 3, 2013
Desperately seeking... 7 Jul 16, 2013
Gebeleizis - "Dream" (2013) 0 Jul 14, 2013
Steve Roach: Empetus 0 Jul 13, 2013
New Age Music choice 14 Feb 26, 2013
New Age Music 55 Feb 14, 2013

This discussion

Discussion in:  New Age Music forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  72
Initial post:  Mar 4, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 16, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions