Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS Games for Adult PART 3

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 2, 2014 4:17:13 PM PDT
Done.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2014 4:17:03 PM PDT
That's crazy! Glad you made it out of there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2014 4:16:25 PM PDT
I should think the fact you survived is a reason to celebrate by purchasing more games.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2014 3:20:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2014 3:21:32 PM PDT
Puzzler says:
Yikes, KellyB! That sounds like a scary situation. I hope everyone involved is safe and sound.

A year or so ago I had a catastrophic brake failure during rush hour. Pretty terrifying few moments. So I'm sympathetic to such incidents.

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 2:45:37 PM PDT
KellyB says:
Puzzler ~ Not yet I didn't. The last games I bought were Magical Disney and Tomodachi Life.

The rear axle on my Jeep snapped, so I'm trying to control my game buying ;-P

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2014 1:21:56 PM PDT
Puzzler says:
KellyB~

Did you get Putty Squad? If so, what do you think of it?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2014 11:10:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2014 11:11:34 AM PDT
maketime4fun~

I just finished Monument Valley on my Kindle Fire and I have to say it was well worth the price. The graphics and music are very nice and relaxing. There is definite replay value here as I think it would be very difficult to remember all the twists and turns in this awesome game. I will be playing it again. Although it took a lot of thinking, I didn't have to rely on the walkthrough for help. I'm amazed. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2014 9:51:05 AM PDT
But it still helps a bit. More so than most demos.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2014 9:48:37 AM PDT
Sparhawk says:
Not as much as the Etrian Odyssey 4 demo helps you in the full game, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2014 9:44:29 AM PDT
Point of interest- playing the Bravely Default demo helps you in the actual game.

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 8:59:30 AM PDT
Looptuna says:
I was looking for demos to download last evening and I lined a few up: Bravely Default, Denpamen 3, and a few more obscure ones. For all the talk I hear about Shovel Knight, it appears to have no demo and I can't make out what it is based on screen shots. It looks like an old school action platformer, and I think of Mega Man, Castlevania, and Metroid. I didn't like any of those old school games. I'm not really missing anything if I don't like that style of gameplay, right?

I've been breezing through Soul Bubbles but I had to set it aside due to fatigue. All stylus, no substance? I started up Professor Layton and the Unwound Future.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2014 6:01:01 AM PDT
KellyB says:
Eclipse ~ I have all of the Lego games - except Star Wars which I plan on getting.

Thanks for posting the codes for Batman ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2014 5:50:29 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
Classic, I was editing as you were posting but seriously, heard people disagreeing about 3DS screen being ideal for SK vs advantage of PC gameplay. Always a good thing when an indie game is that conversation-worthy. Thumbs up!

I know little about game development yet ended up in forums when I owned an Ouya. I only kept the Ouya for 8 weeks, but enjoyed continued exchanges with indie devs and have a special affinity for some of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2014 8:36:39 PM PDT
Puzzler says:
Gibson, that's right. 5 is The Serpent's Curse, I think. I still have 1-3 for PC waiting on me, so haven't bought 4 or 5.

Having played the DS game, maybe I'll be ok to just start with the 2nd game for PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2014 8:32:24 PM PDT
maketime4fun says:
suuuuuuree.......until I read and heeded SFCG's suggestion to watch the Monument Valley walk-through on YouTube.....now it stays on my Wish List in case of a price drop. Good thing I am rolling in iTunes credits from completing all those surveys. I'm $13 away from another $50 iTunes gift card, bringing me to a total of around $130 to play with :)

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 7:58:09 PM PDT
Gibson says:
Aren't they up to broken sword five? At least on PC? That comes from repeated viewings on steam sale.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2014 7:08:26 PM PDT
maketime4fun~ Watch the walkthroughs for Monument Valley on YouTube. It's really fascinating. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2014 7:04:17 PM PDT
Puzzler says:
So, reading this thread actually saved you some $$$, instead of just enabling your spending? That sounds like a good thing, maketime. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2014 6:35:04 PM PDT
maketime4fun says:
I have Monument Valley on my iTunes wish list as it looked really pretty, but now that I know it is full of complex puzzles, I know we won't be getting along :/

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 11:09:43 AM PDT
Puzzler says:
If any of you have a copy of Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy that you have played already and might be interested in trading, please see my post on the trade thread. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2014 10:55:08 AM PDT
Yep, it's truly that good. :-)

Posted on Jul 1, 2014 10:32:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 1, 2014 10:53:59 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
Everyone everywhere is talking about Shovel Knight. Apparently true fans bought it on more than one platform. Is it so good that a person needs to beat it more than once and on multiple platforms?

Edit: That statement came across as sarcastic, didn't it? That wasn't my intention...really...I was just being playful...I swear...don't hate me...I'm very sensitive.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2014 10:31:04 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
Puzzler, I felt that you'd find the Batman area on your own if you cared but decided to post in case you were fed up after HP and never wanted to try again. *Grin*

I've used plenty of cheat codes for fun and/or exploration depending on game but they are always a sequence of button presses like the old Konami code. I used button codes on the original Lego Batman. I'm still stuck in the other method, not accustomed to this alphanumeric nonsense. Ha!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2014 10:07:30 AM PDT
Puzzler says:
We're just waiting for your thoughts, Jason.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2014 9:37:12 AM PDT
Shovel Knight! Death is my friend, but my demise never feels cheap. Absolutely loving SK so far, and I'm taking my time with it. Have you already beaten the game?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 32 customers

Search Customer Discussions