Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS Games for Adult PART 3

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3626-3650 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 11, 2012 10:28:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 10:36:01 AM PST
AlexJouJou-Then maybe you can help me. I am just beginning, but I am at the point where I am jumping on the mini trampoline to get up to an area that is close to some lava? I destroyed the big spaceship thing and crossed over to this place, created the little thingy that collapsed the fence, and don't know what to do next. Help! I've jumped onto the bricks in the middle of the lava river, but can't seem to get anywhere from there. And I don't know what to do with the wall with the lit up windows.
Edit-Ahhh, never mind, I fiddled with it and found out. I am on my way again. Too bad I have to stop and start dinner now :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:04:46 AM PST
flowerchild says:
PJPooka~ Oh my gosh, when it rains ☔, it pours. My ❤ goes out to you and your friend and her family. What a terrible thing to happen to anyone. Two deaths in a family back to back and the daughter was so young. My prayers and good thoughts go out to your friend and her family. :-(

As for you, I feel extremely sad that you hurt yourself. I know about your back problems and am so sorry about your accident. I definitely can empathize with you. Please rest yourself and feel better soon. If you're up to calling me, call me anytime. If I can't answer the phone for whatever reason, I promise to call you back. My thoughts and prayers are with you always.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:15:44 AM PST
PJ Pooka says:
Flower~ No worries about my back.I am absolutely amazed nothing broke or cracked. I am only stiff and sore.I am going to try to go over to my friends house later this afternoon to spend time with her and her remaining daughter.I pray I am able to comfort them some.They just recently moved back to Missouri, they had been living in Washington the last 5 years or so because of husbands job transfer.My friend just recently reopened her photography and art studio here in town.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 1:04:45 PM PST
OMG....PJ Pooka...that is so sad about the father of the girl...dying like that. It is too sad....the poor wife ....losing a child and then her husband gives me chills. Am glad you didn't kill yourself falling of the stairs........hoping your back gets to feeling better

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:09:56 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
PJ Pooka~
The is a glitch in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4? Is it in the DS version? I hope not....I haven't gotten that far into it yet, but don't need any obstacles.... :/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:45:05 AM PST
PJ Pooka says:
Just4laffs~ Yes, the glitch is in the DS version but it does not always happen,sometimes it flows perfecrly.If you do get stuck and nothing triggers so you can exit the door just turn game off without saving.You would then start back where you were when you last saved.It happened to me once.I read somewhere online(later) about the glitch.It is a great game and my first lego game.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:12:26 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
PJ Pooka~
Greeaaat....I started the game and was having so much fun with it, I put it away so I wouldn't use up all the fun at once, LOL. I got as far as shopping for school supplies in Diagon Alley so I haven't made it to HoneyDukes yet. I will hope my game is glitchless as I need no more challenges in my little world......the day started with me scraaaaaping my passenger car door on the concrete post I have to park next to. But I missed the mirror!!! Yay me :/

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:53:15 AM PST
Ahhh, I'm stuck again in Lego LOTR. There's a guy munching on a (turkey leg?) outside the Prancing Pony, and the bad guys on horses at either end of the village. I can't get out of the village, and can't seem to find whatever else I'm supposed to do in the village. :(

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:22:50 PM PST
Debra, you have me wondering whether I want to start Lego LOTR or not. lol Just keep exploring. Maybe you missed something that's staring you right in the face. That's usually what happens to me. I look it up on a walkthrough and think....DUH. Good luck.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:27:22 PM PST
Yeah Toni, I am walking around and looking. Unfortunately I can't find a walkthrough yet. I keep changing characters to see if I need to be someone else, but I haven't hit on anything yet. I'll go back to it later and see if anything changes. AlexJouJou, if you are out there and can help, feel free to weigh in here.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:07:01 PM PST
Well I figured it out. I just went back through the locked gate that I had Aragorn had break open and kept walking.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:00:13 PM PST
PJ Pooka says:
Good work Deb. I know who to turn to when I play my copy.I am still playing Virtues Last Reward (999 sequel) when I have felt well enough. I played some tonite, tommorrow back to doctor.It's been a rough week so far; both physically and emotionally.Thank goodness for ds games.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:42:44 PM PST
I don't know PJ-I keep getting stuck. And by the time I finish it I doubt I'll remember each area in order to help anyone. I should be writing all this down.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:25:10 AM PST
PJ Pooka says:
Debra~ That's ok, I was mainly joking.I usually can eventually figure them out.By the time I get aroind to playing there will probably be a walkthrough if I have problems.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:26:08 AM PST
D. Carlson says:
Nintendo Download: 15th November 2012 (North America)

Posted Thu, 15 Nov 2012 | 15:10 GMT by Thomas Whitehead

Painting a pretty picture

Mickey gets epic, monster shooting, Myst and more

It's Thursday, which comes before Friday, but also means Nintendo Download day. This week throws up a fair bit of content on 3DS, including four retail downloads with one high-profile release and the return of a PC classic, while DSi owners also have a couple of options to look forward to. Feast your eyes on this week's offerings, below.

3DS Download Software

Monster Shooter (Gamelion, $6.99) - This top-down shooter made its name on iOS and Android devices, and arrives on the 3DS eShop to offer its brand of alien blasting, with all of the unlockables and incentives typical of a smartphone game. As the title suggests it involves shooting lots of things, though it can be a tad repetitive and is also let down by some auto-aim quirks. Check out our Monster Shooter review for full details.

3DS Retail Downloads

Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (Disney Interactive Studios, $39.99) - Available from 18th November, this 3DS-exclusive accompanies the series sequel set to grace Wii and Wii U. Adopting a 2D platforming style with some twists, while drawing heavy inspiration from Sega Genesis title Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, this is full of promise. There's also a demo available on the eShop, so there's the chance to try before you buy.

Hotel Transylvania (GameMill Entertainment, $29.99) - It's a movie tie-in that arrived in stores way back on 18th September, so this is a rather curious inclusion. It must also be said that the words "movie tie-in" don't often go hand-in-hand with high quality game experiences, and this one fails to be an exception. Our reviewer would choose "squandered potential" if they were only allowed two words to summarise, but thankfully you can read plenty more words on the subject in our Hotel Transylvania review.

Myst (Maximum Games, $29.99) - This one arrived in retail stores on 26th October, but now makes a surprise appearance on the eShop. It's a re-make of a highly regarded point-and-click PC title from the 1990s, promising revamped visuals and a 3D effect that the publisher claims "jumps from the screen and really puts the player in the game". No doubt retro PC gamers will contemplate it, even at a retail price point.

American Mensa Academy (Maximum Games, $29.99) - The second retail download this week from Maximum Games, this time it's a wannabe rival to Nintendo's own Brain Training franchise. Originally released in PAL regions during the summer as Mensa Academy, that version published by Square Enix, it now makes its way to North America under new ownership.

DSiWare

Jump Trials (G-Style, 200 Points) - It's a budget, minimalist platformer that seems to be similar in style to GO Series: 10 Second Run. That's not necessarily a bad comparison for this new title to live with, though it'll have it's own style to try and charm us with; we'll limber up and put it through its paces in our review, soon.

Working Dawgs: A-Maze-Ing Pipes (Big John Games, 200 Points) - Aside from having a rather humorous title, this one offers 80 puzzles that'll involve using the stylus to place pipes, or bombs to clear obstacles. It's all about getting water through the piping system to save a construction site full of hard-working "dawgs", but we'll see whether it gets the plumbing right in our upcoming review.

Nintendo Video

Dinosaur Office: Thanksgiving Special! - When Craig is faced with spending Thanksgiving alone, he discovers the true spirit of the holidays.

So that's your lot, with four third-party retail titles making an appearance on the 3DS eShop. Let us know what you think, and what'll be accounting for your hard-earned funds, in the poll and comments below.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 8:09:34 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
So with things remodeled around the house (drainage pipes around the entire foundation, there was a day of jackhammering directly at my wall) the wireless router got moved into my room. Lots and lots of 3DS signal! Means it is much easier to download demos.

The last few I've collected have convinced me not to buy the game. Rayman was floaty, awkward and impenetrably french. Theatrythm showed me only music from after I diverged at SNES. But Epic Mickey: Castle of Illusion is not as terrible! The platforming is reasonable and building upgrades is super-compelling to me. The writing is, alas, boring. You meet famous characters but this is how every conversation goes:

PERSON: Hey, I'm lost.
MICKEY: Hey, there's a FORTRESS at the far left corner.
PERSON: Hey, thanks. [turns into floating heart and disappears off the left side]
NARRATION: PERSON went to the FORTRESS!
ME: [hammer on A button as the narration line sits on screen for ten seconds]

Also weird: the magic paintbrush creates platforms and removes hazards at specific points. It also creates Peter Pan out of thin air. I sure hope that gets explained later, otherwise I'll want an army of fifty flying boys!

The only exception is Scrooge McDuck, who is grumpy, greedy, scottish and extremely helpful.

Dinosaur Office on Youtube, in case you have missed an episode: http://youtu.be/Apa3fU2g1uU

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:44:59 PM PST
D. Carlson says:
Sparhawk, thanks for the info on the Epic Mickey download. It sounds kind of fun. You make it seem hilarious!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:11:21 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
There was a period of like six months where most of my decisions were based on "what seemed most hilarious at the time". It was kinda dangerous, but fun!

Speaking of Myst in a small screen that folds open: a real Myst book. http://youtu.be/qh4U9kan8uM

Going to a convention tomorra. My 3DS is going to collect so many souls, yessssss.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:56:21 AM PST
Take mine with you, I only have 4. :(

Has anyone played Mist on the dsi or 3ds? I played the computer game many years ago. I bumbled through it because I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing, but loved the graphics enough to stay with it. I finally finished it and played Riven, but none of the others even though I bought them later on when the were all offered together. I had borrowed the first two. Maybe I should dig out the computer version and see if they will work on my new computer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 4:17:44 PM PST
From what I understand Myst on the dsi and 3ds is not that good since you have no mouse cursor animation to tell you what you can interact with. So you are just going to have to randomly click everything.

Paid off my Wii U preorder at gamestop in full today. Going to pick it up tommorow when the store opens. Already got ZombiU to play on it.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 7:16:22 PM PST
Well, that's kinda how I remember playing the PC version. I didn't know what the heck I was doing.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:59:12 AM PST
KellyB says:
Is anyone playing Rayman Origins? Thoughts?

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:23:50 AM PST
Romeo says:
Got 3ds demo. Great game!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:34:41 AM PST
saskamazon says:
great game ... have it for the Wii & Vita .... gorgeous graphics, great music ..... sometimes surviving can be a challenge ... & I often don't find my relics or teeth, but a lot of fun.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 1:16:45 PM PST
That "surviving can be a challenge" concerns me. I have the demo and it looks like a fun game, but I'm not sure I have the skills to get far in it.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (584 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 31 customers

Search Customer Discussions