chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer
Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS for Adults: Multi-Platform Discussions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 24, 2010 12:17:05 PM PST
You may call me crazy, but I just traded in my Dragon Age... (not a fan of RPG's although there are a few that I did like)

I play pretty much everything else.
I picked up NBA Live 10...
I just recently bought peggle online..., and I plan to buy Matt Hazard...
Peggle for my twin who loves the PC version, and wants to see if he can get the trophies in the game.
Matt Hazard really reminds me of Metal Slug... so good buys to me...

Posted on Feb 24, 2010 12:29:11 PM PST
PsP wise... I don't really know what to expect... I have like GOW, TRaider, Just picked up army of 2:40th day...
I need more... I think I want super stardust... or like Grand Theft Auto... all of them...just buy some classics...

I'm depressed though...
My Psp memory card went out... and I don't know what to do...
Any ideas??????????????

Ps3, cpu, nor my psp can't read it...
:(

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 7:18:42 AM PST
Hey KellyB, Still enjoying Heavy Rain?

Ramone, Did you just have save data on your PSP memory stick, or did you have DLC?

What's everyone else playing right now?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2010 9:28:13 AM PST
DLC?
I had a few demos...
Two Games...
Some songs...
Like 2 or 3 videos...
Save data...
& some pictures...

I think thats it...
I was thinking to call Sony about it...
I doubt if it can be salvaged :(
Dang... I miss that data already...

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 9:43:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2010 9:43:32 AM PST
Sure, you should call Sony. They might not be able to help, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try. Even if they can't help, it sounds like you didn't lose too much, and you should be able to re-download the games once you've gotten a new memory stick. Losing the save data is the worst. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2010 9:49:04 AM PST
Crap yea....
I was just about to beat one of my games too...
Hey, whats DLC?
I see that whenever games make an expansion to a previously existing game...

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 9:52:54 AM PST
Yeah, I kind of misused the term, I suppose. I also see the term DLC used most often in connection to digital expansion packs for retail (physical) games. Technically, DLC just means downloadable content, and I really just meant to ask if you'd downloaded any games. Apologies for the confusion!

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 9:55:29 AM PST
Your good...
I did download like two old PSone games...
but they're on my ps3 still...
I just lost all the saves...
Hey did you open the box for the ps3?

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 10:46:21 AM PST
Yep, I opened up the PS3 about a week ago, and I'm loving it so far. There aren't nearly as many PS3 games that interest me (as compared to Wii games, DS games, and PSP games), but I do appreciate the graphics, love the Blu-Ray, and enjoy having another whole library of games available for me now.

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 10:55:58 AM PST
Heavenly says:
with 2 camera, and wifi, can one use it for Skype?
sheila

Posted on Feb 26, 2010 7:41:34 AM PST
KellyB, You may have already mentioned it, but I can't remember. Are you getting FFXIII? How about anybody else?

Posted on Feb 27, 2010 8:11:29 AM PST
Raggie says:
I'm getting FF XIII after a price drop. I'm actually more interested in 3D Dot right now. I guess I've played so many JRPGs last year I've had enough of the teenage melodrama plots for a while. :-)

I tend to go through phases when I'm into certain game genres. Last year it was JRPGs and strategy RPGs, right now it's adventure games. I like to let some genres "rest" for a while, or I'll get an overload and stop enjoying them. I'm overloaded with classic JRPGs right now so I'm going to stay clear of them this year. Good news for those who are getting tired of my constant JRPG talk, eh? :-) Adventure games feel fresh again because I haven't played many of them in recent years. I think I'm going to try some classic western RPGs, hidden object games, action adventures and adventure game hybrids this year. My fave online shop had a great deal on hidden object games, so I bought a bunch and I'll be playing some of them soon. I'd also like to play a Tomb Raider game, and Broken Sword 2 has brought back some good memories of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and I'm kinda itching to play that one.

Posted on Feb 27, 2010 8:24:24 AM PST
Hey Raggie, I decided to pick up the PS1 version of Broken Sword 2, since it'll play fine in the PS3. So after I've gotten through Heavy Rain, I may give that one a shot myself.

KellyB, What are you up to? Still enjoying Heavy Rain?

Posted on Feb 27, 2010 5:17:23 PM PST
Lady Gryphon says:
PS3's have backwards compatibility? I thought I read that they didn't or that some versions did but other versions didn't? I'm so confused :P

Posted on Feb 27, 2010 7:25:17 PM PST
All PS3s can play PS1 games. Only a couple of the early models of PS3s can play PS2 games. It's weird like that!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2010 12:17:53 AM PST
KellyB says:
Hi Classic ~ I haven't been playing much lately. The Olympics are taking up my gaming time, and I haven't been feeling that great.

I am soooo looking forward to the Gold Medal game today between the USA and Canada in mens hockey. I get out of work at 2 and the game starts at 3 :))

After today, I'll get back to Heavy Rain and Miles Edgeworth.

How are you coming along in HR?

Posted on Feb 28, 2010 12:23:48 AM PST
Hey KellyB, I really just got into HR tonight, as I've been swamped with work this week and I've been under the weather too. I'm a little bit past the crime scene (playing boomerang with Shaun right now). How far into it are you?

Posted on Feb 28, 2010 12:24:52 AM PST
P.S. There was a moment early in HR when I thought "Oh, man, I paid $60 to watch a guy brush his teeth and take a piss," but now I'm actually enjoying it quite a lot. LOL ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2010 12:46:00 AM PST
KellyB says:
Classic ~ I'm playing as Norman Jayden investigating the crime scene. LOL @ the brushing the teeth comment. It is a little strange at first, but it's my kind of game. I started over because I didn't touch or do everything there was to do before I was transported to the mall. I didn't want to miss anything.

I just finished the first case in Miles. It's 3:30 a.m. here (been up since 2:30). Gotta go take a shower and head out to work.

After the hockey game this afternoon I plan to play HR. I think it's going to be engrossing. I'm trying not to read anything about it on the internet --I've heard people are purposely posting spoilers as to who the Origami killer is.

BTW, did you make the Origami figure out of the paper that was included with the game?

Posted on Feb 28, 2010 1:00:05 AM PST
Hey KellyB, I'm just a few minutes past where you are then--almost the same spot really. :) HR is definitely my kind of game too--but it took a little getting used to right at the beginning. I'm trying not to reading anything about it online too.

As for your last question...I'm totally LOL. Earlier tonight, I tried to make that #%^* origami figure and failed. I still remember how girls used to make those little fortune-telling origami doodads in school, and I couldn't figure it out then either. I'm official 3-D-geometrical-shapes-made-from-paper challenged! ;-P

Have a good day at work--that's a killer schedule!

Posted on Feb 28, 2010 1:34:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2010 1:35:18 AM PST
Raggie says:
I'm going to get Heavy Rain after a price drop, it sounds really interesting!

Now that I'm in an adventure game mood, I thought I'd make a list of all (non-DS) adventure games I've played and I'd like to recommend to anyone else interested in the genre. Most of these are old PC games, but many can be purchased from http://www.gog.com or http://store.steampowered.com/

Not in any particular order:

Gabriel Knight 1 and 2
The Longest Journey
Broken Sword 1 and 2
Monkey Island 1-3
Day of the Tentacle
Sam&Max Hit the Road
Sam&Max Season 1
The Dig
Syberia 1 and 2
Grim Fandango
Full Throttle
Sanitarium
Machinarium
Kyrandia 2: Hand of Fate

Hmm, I've probably forgotten something. Anyway, if anyone has any questions about these games, ask away!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2010 1:37:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2010 1:38:34 AM PST
KellyB says:
Classic ~ LOL @ the origami figure. I failed as well. I could do the first steps, but the last two or three is what I can't figure out. I'm glad I'm not the only one as I was feeling rather stupid ;-P

I normally work 11 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. I work every third weekend which is 5:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. I love getting out at 2, but hate having to be there at 5:30. Mostly because I'm an insomniac and haven't gotten much, if any, sleep before it's time to get up. Oh well.

I'm looking forward to HR tonight :)

Off to work I go before I'm late.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2010 1:41:01 AM PST
KellyB says:
Raggie ~ I just read your list of games and I've played several of them. I had forgotten about them until I read your list.

Posted on Feb 28, 2010 1:49:22 AM PST
Raggie says:
Really? Which ones did you play?

Posted on Feb 28, 2010 6:47:56 AM PST
Lady Gryphon says:
Classic ~ Thanks for the info about PS3 backwards compatibility. It must have been about PS2 games which is why I didn't realize you could play PS1 games.

Raggie ~That's a great list of PC adventure games. I'll have to check some of them out. I'm always concerned about my hardware though. My PC is a little old :(

I have The Longest Journey somewhere around here. I think that has to be one of my favorite games ever. I really loved the story. I think I also played a couple of the Monkey Island games. I have the first episode of the new one for Wiiware (the PC version wouldn't play on my PC), but for some reason it just isn't keeping my attention.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (583 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  2555
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2010
Latest post:  19 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions