Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS for Adults: Multi-Platform Discussions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2010 10:20:22 PM PST
Raggie says:
"Hey Raggie, I noticed that The Longest Journey has a sequel (Dreamfall) for PC and Xbox. Have you ever played it?"

Yup. Personally I thought the story was a real page turner, though the gameplay was mostly trivially easy. The biggest problem was that the game ended in a major cliffhanger, but they aren't going to continue the series because Dreamfall didn't sell enough. It was a really frustrating end to the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2010 5:43:50 AM PST
Raggie...
I was hoping I didn't lose any data, but I just noticed today that I did...
I loss some trophies for my Super Stardust...
no matter though... I'll have fun reattaining them...
I just hope those where the only ones I loss...

I sure hope this never happens again...
Thanks for the message that day though...

Posted on Mar 4, 2010 5:51:17 AM PST
Raggie says:
That's really too bad. :-( I hope this was a lone incident...

Posted on Mar 6, 2010 6:29:38 AM PST
KellyB says:
Classic ~ I haven't played Heavy Rain the last couple of days. I left off playing Ethan and he's taking his first 'test'. Back to it today.

Which part are you playing?

Posted on Mar 6, 2010 7:19:43 AM PST
I haven't made much progress, due to too much work. I had to stay up all night last night grading papers, so no gaming time for me. :( Maybe tonight if I can manage to stay awake!

Posted on Mar 7, 2010 6:13:56 AM PST
KellyB says:
Classic, Raggie, & Purple Snow ~

I'm looking forward to this one.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/parasiteevethethirdbirthday/news.html?sid=6195358&mode=previews

Posted on Mar 7, 2010 2:58:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2010 3:31:46 PM PST
KellyB says:
Classic ~ I just remembered the HR DLC. Have you tried to download it yet?

*Edited* I'm downloading it now :)

Posted on Mar 7, 2010 8:12:31 PM PST
Haven't done it yet, KellyB, but I will soon. Did you finish the main game?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2010 5:05:06 AM PST
KellyB says:
Nope, Classic. Not even close. I was getting ready to play last night and remembered the code.

Did you play it over the weekend?

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 5:08:18 AM PST
Hey KellyB, I was just swamped with grading this weekend. I got it a little time with Miles, but that's about it. I hope to find the time to finish Heavy Rain this week though.

BTW, I'm interested in the upcoming Parasite Eve game too. Have you seen any projected release dates yet?

Posted on Mar 9, 2010 8:23:02 PM PST
Raggie, Are you still playing Broken Sword 2?

KellyB, Still on Heavy Rain?

Purple Snow, How's Shadow of Destiny coming along?

Cori, Did you guys score a new HDTV this weekend?

Ramone, Did you find a Phoenix Wright game for your GF?

What's everyone else playing these days?

Posted on Mar 9, 2010 10:11:01 PM PST
Raggie says:
Yes, still at Broken sword II. I was on a little trip so I didn't get to play for a few days, but now I'm back at it. It had one stupid and annoying labyrinth that slowed me down for a while.

I've been using Wii Fit for a month now. I'm not a fan of this kind of exercise, but I've got a bad back and I thought it would be less of a pain to strengthen my back than the actual pain in my back. I think I've started seeing some results, but I'm getting tired of doing the same exercise programs. I was thinking I should try EA Active.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2010 5:31:55 AM PST
KellyB says:
Classic ~ I'm TRYING to play Heavy Rain. DH rented MLB 10 The Show for PS3 to see if he wants to buy it. He's been playing it when I get home from work for the past two nights. I'm going to have to just rip the controller out of his hand ;-P

All this talk of Monster Hunter for Wii makes me want to play my Monster Hunter for PSP. Do you have any of the Monster Hunters for PSP?

Posted on Mar 10, 2010 9:25:00 AM PST
Cori says:
CGGB...We did score a new HDTV. I told all about it on the DS thread. We also scored New Super Mario Bros. for Wii. I've only played the tiniest bit, but I've watched the kids play. It sure is filled with nostalgic goodness. I'm really not very good at platformers, but I'm planning to give it a good try. I want to play solo and get used to the controls before I try playing with the boys again.

Still on my WoW kick. That's what I'm busy with today.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2010 9:11:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2010 9:11:59 PM PST
Purple Snow says:
Classic,

I really have not had a lot of time to play lately been busy and had my little nephew for the last 3 days could not go to school because he is sick. But what I have played I like.

Posted on Mar 10, 2010 10:09:02 PM PST
Raggie says:
LucasArts has just announced a Special edition of Monkey island 2 for iPhone, iPod Touch, Mac, PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 this summer! The special edition includes new high-def graphics, a re-mastered musical score, full voiceover, and an in-depth hint system. Great news! If anyone wants to see screenshots, here they are: http://kotaku.com/5490633/monkey-island-2-special-edition-yaarrr-first-screenshots/gallery/

Posted on Mar 11, 2010 6:53:29 AM PST
That's great news! Thanks, Raggie!

Cori, Glad to hear you got a great new TV. I hope you guys are enjoying it. Now for that PS3... :)

Purple Snow, I'm sorry to hear your nephew has been ill, and I hope he's feeling better soon.

KellyB, I haven't tried the PSP versions of Monster Hunter. Which one(s) do you have? Would you recommend?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2010 7:23:09 AM PST
KellyB says:
Classic ~ I Have Monster Hunter 1 & 2 for PSP. I'm working on one, haven't tried two. Yes, I would recommend them (one at least). I'm heading out the door for work now, but will post about one when I get home.

I also ordered Shadow of Destiny, Obscure 2, and Jewel Master: Egypt from Amazon this morning. Do you have any of these games?

Posted on Mar 11, 2010 10:24:57 PM PST
Raggie, I just tried EA Active a couple of days ago, and it was really a pretty good workout. I have Wii Fit Plus, and I'm kind of torn about it. I really enjoy the Rhythm Kung Fu and a couple of others, but I find it a little stale overall and there's a lot of downtime between activities. What are your favorites on Wii Fit?

I'm going to try Punchout, Let's Dance, and Gold's Gym Cardio soon. I hadn't been using my Wii for fitness stuff until recently, but my health problems have made it impossible to keep up with my normally rigorous gym and running routines, so I have to find something more accessible for me.

Posted on Mar 11, 2010 10:33:21 PM PST
Raggie says:
I've been doing very little of the "games" and concentrated on the yoga and muscle workouts. My only problem is that the number of workouts is fairly small, so I get bored pretty easy. I can't claim it doesn't work though, yesterday I had to carry a sofa with my husband to the 4th floor and I don't think my back could have taken it a month ago. I've got strong muscles in my back now, which is exactly what I set out to do.

Of course, the next time I have a good flu and I can't do the workouts for a while, all those muscles will just disappear and I'm back at square one. *sigh*

Posted on Mar 12, 2010 6:11:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2010 6:12:12 AM PST
KellyB says:
Classic ~ Monster Hunter has a steep learning curve. The game is hard, and can be tedious. Patience is a virtue in this game. You take on quests. You hunt monsters (dinosaurs, dragons, other types) for food, armor, and weapons. The monsters get bigger and harder as you move along in the game. You gather resources to heal yourself. You can combine items you find and make traps. You take the scales, claws, wings, etc.. from the Dragons (Wyverns) to make armor. The more Dragons you kill, the better hunter you become.

You have to learn to use your weapons as there is no 'auto lock' when fighting. You also learn to cook, and keep your weapons strong. The graphics are beautiful and the character and weapons customization is outstanding.

I like the game --it's just one of those games that takes up a lot of time, learning to hunt, use your weapons properly, making weapons properly, and patience. You could easily put hundreds of hours into this game. I think it's the kind of game you will either love because of its depth or hate because of its tedium.

Posted on Mar 12, 2010 7:43:02 AM PST
Good to know, KellyB. I guess we'll see how I do with MH come late April. ;) I have Shadow of Destiny in my backlog, and both Obscure 2 and Jewel Master: Egypt have been tempting me, but I haven't picked them up yet. Did you play the first Obscure?

Raggie, I'm glad Wii Fit has been working for you so far. Do you have the original or Plus? EA Sports Active does have a lot of variety, so you'd probably enjoy that one even more.

Posted on Mar 12, 2010 10:50:23 AM PST
Raggie says:
I have the original Wii Fit. Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'm going to get that EA Sports Active. Then I can switch back and forth to fend off boredom.

I finished Broken Sword 2 today! It wasn't what I would necessarily consider an adventure game classic, but I'm glad I got to play it. It had a fun adventure and a couple of laugh-out-loud moments.

Posted on Mar 12, 2010 6:19:39 PM PST
Lady Gryphon says:
I like the Wii Fit Plus better than the original. The feature to string together exercises is really beneficial. You can either customize your own or you can specify how much time you have and it will create a workout for you. It really helps cut down on the time it takes since you go directly from one exercise to the other without much pause.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2010 7:42:08 PM PST
KellyB says:
Classic ~ I have not played the first Obscure yet. I'm looking for it for a decent price. I hope if I keep searching I'll find one. I would like to play it before I play Obscure: The Aftermath, but if I can't find a copy I'll just go ahead and play Obscure 2 anyway. I like to play my games in order, but sometimes that just isn't possible.

Obscure 2: The Aftermath has been on my wishlist for a long time. I was ordering Shadow of Destiny anyway so I decided to order Obscure 2 as well, especially since it was only $14.99

I'm playing Heavy Rain tonight. How far along are you? I'm playing as Ethan and he just failed the second test and Madison is trying to fix his injuries.

I plan to be up late playing :)

Tomorrow, I believe I'm going to get back to Monster Hunter for a bit. It's been a while since I've played it.

I also ordered FF XIII for my DS. I need to finish HR this weekend or I'll never get the PS3 away from him and FF XIII ;)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (579 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  55
Total posts:  2020
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2010
Latest post:  1 hour ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions