Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS for Adults: Multi-Platform Discussions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 12, 2010 11:23:54 PM PST
Raggie says:
"I like the Wii Fit Plus better than the original. The feature to string together exercises is really beneficial. You can either customize your own or you can specify how much time you have and it will create a workout for you. It really helps cut down on the time it takes since you go directly from one exercise to the other without much pause."

That sounds like exactly what I've wanted Wii Fit to have! I'm going to have to check out prices of Wii Fit Plus and EA Sports Active, they both sound like something I could use.

I don't think the original Wii Fit has enough exercises for the legs. I have a pretty terrible balance so I can't do many of the moves properly. All of my time goes on just trying to stay upright. I'd need to get stronger legs to do them.

Posted on Mar 13, 2010 6:59:40 AM PST
KellyB, I'm not as far as you in Heavy Rain now, but I'm enjoying it more again. I just got through the scene with Shelby and the baby. As for Obscure 2, I've actually thought about picking up the Wii version. It's less thatn 13 bucks now.

Raggie, EA Active definitely has a lot of leg exercises. And I agree about Wii Fit Plus too. Much better than the original. I actually wound up selling my original Wii Fit early on because I just didn't like the lag time between everything, and I didn't come back to it until Wii Fit Plus.

Posted on Mar 13, 2010 11:04:46 AM PST
Cori says:
Raggie...You sound like me when it comes to balance, or lack thereof. I just got Wii Fit Plus last week and haven't even opened it. I need to do that. I'll try to remember Monday, when no one else is home. It sounds like I'll like it a lot better than Wii Fit.

Posted on Mar 13, 2010 1:09:28 PM PST
For those who have a 360, anyone tried Deadly Premonition?

Posted on Mar 13, 2010 1:10:53 PM PST
Also, any PS3 owners pick up FFXIII? Any Wii owners preordered Fragile or Sakura Wars?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2010 2:34:20 PM PST
KellyB says:
Classic ~ I picked up FFXIII for my son. I plan to play it, too. It will arrive Monday.

Posted on Mar 14, 2010 8:14:47 AM PDT
Raggie says:
I forgot to comment about this, but a while ago Lunar: Silver Star Harmony was released on the PSP... I'm not going to buy it myself because I already own and have played an earlier version of this game on my Playstation, but I'd like to recommend Lunar for PSP owners who like traditional JRPGs. The gameplay is very familiar, but the game is sort of charming and cute with a fun adventure atmosphere.

Right now I'm playing Jewel Quest Mysteries: Curse of the Emerald Tear on my PC. It's a hidden object/puzzle/match-3 game I bought from a "buy one get one free" deal. I like it, it's simple but fun. It's similar to Amazing Adventures on the DS, but better.

Posted on Mar 14, 2010 8:54:24 AM PDT
I had Lunar on pre-order but felt indecisive after I played the demo, so I canceled. I think I'll definitely pick it up after a price drop though. :)

Posted on Mar 15, 2010 11:27:16 AM PDT
d-backfever says:
Hello, I decided to check out this forum too....you guys are really making me want to get Heavy Rain....especially because of all the *hush hush* so it's not ruined. I downloaded the demo, but may cave on this one....first game I'll drop $60 on. I actually have $40 in gift cards to Best Buy though so really I'd be out of pocket $20...that's reasonable. ;)

As far as consoles go, I have the original Nintendo (which we still play! lol...can't get enough Galaga), Super Nintendo, N64, Gamecube and Wii. Also a Dreamcast (that died quickly didn't it??), XBox 360 and PS3. I got the 360 as a graduation gift Dec. 2008 and I haven't touched it since I got my PS3 even though I have 3 times as many games for it. I got the PS3 for Christmas last year and have a whopping 3 games for it, but we watch movies on it all the time and may try the Netflix thing and stream movies on it too. :)

For handhelds I have a DSi, DS Lite, and GBA SP. I used to have a regular GBA and a Gameboy Color, but they seem to have disappeared. :( Luckily my SP can play all the gameboy games. :) Still looking for the Zelda GB Color games but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them and that's what people want. I have considered getting a PSP, but there just aren't very many games for it that I want. I would have to get Tekken, but besides that and maybe 3 others, doesn't seem worth it.

Games I'm looking forward to are fairly limited right now (surprisingly). That Fragile Dreams game for Wii sounds awesome! Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime: M much later in the year are definite possibilities too. I got RE5 for Christmas so of course they're releasing an expanded, awesome one. I saw the episodes for download in the Playstation Store though so if I really want them, I can get them. I'm sure I will hear about more games from all of you and then will be tempted to get them. :)

Heavy Rain may be in my very near future though....

Posted on Mar 15, 2010 6:31:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 16, 2010 5:40:13 AM PDT
KellyB says:
d-backfever ~ I'm playing Heavy Rain now. I'm enjoying it --just taking a break for a minute.

Classic ~ Have you been playing HR lately? Also, my Game Informer magazine arrived in todays mail. They have a nice article about Alan Wake.

I watched my son play FF XIII for awhile today. Awesome! I can't wait to play it :)

*Edited*
Classic ~ A couple of my characters died in HR last night. I'm definitely going to play this again and make different choices.

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 6:53:10 PM PDT
KellyB says:
Classic ~ I just finished Heavy Rain. Wow!

Posted on Mar 17, 2010 4:09:49 AM PDT
d-backfever says:
Oh man Kelly.......thanks for increasing my temptation ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2010 4:36:45 AM PDT
KellyB says:
LOL d-back. I started playing it again as soon as I finished. I want to make different choices and see what the outcome will be.

Posted on Mar 17, 2010 2:13:39 PM PDT
Oh, man, I really want to sink some time into Heavy Rain tonight. I've had basically no gaming time the past few days--just a few minutes with Miles before going to sleep. Boo hoo.

KellyB, Maybe after I've finished my first playthrough, we can talk about HR via email. A little spoiler talk. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2010 4:49:16 PM PDT
KellyB says:
Sounds like a plan, Classic. I really want to talk about it, but don't want to ruin it for anyone else.

Posted on Mar 18, 2010 11:19:07 AM PDT
Raggie says:
I've started playing Tomb Raider Anniversary on the PS2, and liking it a lot so far. It seems a bit buggy though, but nothing gamebreaking. I've played the first three Tomb Raiders and TR Legend, but I've always thought of the first TR as the best. Anniversary is sort of a remake of TR1. It's more about the platforming and puzzles rather than shooting, which I've never been too fond of in the series. I've only finished the Peru levels so far, but I think this is my favorite Tomb Raider.

Posted on Mar 18, 2010 5:36:43 PM PDT
CraigH says:
Hello, thought I would put my two cents into this discussion. As asked before, and sorry if it was already answered, the two Penny Arcade games from the PSN are exactly like if the webtoon came to life. I've completed both of them and are replaying them for the trophies. I've started to play DA:O but couldn't get into it unlike Disgaea 3, I love VIS America for bringing Nippion Icchi games to the U.S. FFXIII is good game so far, but I'm probably biased because I've loved the FF series since FF1 on NES. Above all though, if I'm going to play a game to kill time I'll pop in Borderlands over all the other PS3 games I own.

Posted on Mar 19, 2010 6:44:39 PM PDT
d-backfever says:
Ok....so I finally caved.....and Heavy Rain is in my hot little hands....got it today. It's still the shrinkwrap though because I know if I open it, I will be consumed ;) Darn this whole having a job thing and responsibilities. I'm very excited to start playing it though...just may wait until my days off to start so I have lots of time to devote to it. My nights off are Wednesday and Thursday so why I got the game today when I'm going to have to wait a week to start it, I have no idea. *sigh*

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2010 7:08:01 PM PDT
KellyB says:
Yay d-back! I really hope you like it. There are multiple endings and the choices you make during gameplay determine what happens with your characters. I'm on my second playthrough and enjoying it. I'm making different choices because I'm excited to see what happens when I do.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2010 1:59:12 AM PDT
d-backfever says:
The multiple endings was the main justification for me to drop $60 on the game. Well...it turned out to be $43 out of pocket, but still more than I've ever spent on any non-Nintendo published game (cuz let's face it, those hardly ever go on sale....). It's sitting next to the PlayStation...calling to me....but I must resist....at least until Monday. It's spring cleaning time at the house so Heavy Rain will be my reward. :)

Posted on Mar 20, 2010 5:39:00 PM PDT
Lady Gryphon says:
FYI: It looks like amazon is going to have an all PS3 gold box event on Monday (3/22).

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2010 12:57:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 21, 2010 12:58:41 PM PDT
KellyB says:
Lady Gryphon ~ Thanks for the gold box info. I'll be checking it out to see what it is.

Classic ~ I started Shadow of Destiny last night. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Purple Snow ~ How are you coming along in SOD?

I also started My World My Way. I absolutely love it. It's humorous, cute, fun --a great little RPG. I also feel it would be a wonderful beginner RPG. I'll post more about it in the DS for Adults thread after I put more time into it --which I'm going to do right now :)

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 1:17:24 AM PDT
Just finished Heavy Rain, and all I can say is...wow.

KellyB, Are you still on the second playthru?

d-back, Have you started it yet?

Anyone else playing HR or planning on it soon?

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 1:28:23 AM PDT
P.S. KellyB, Have you played the DLC (Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode One - The Taxidermist)?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 4:44:56 AM PDT
KellyB says:
Classic ~ I'm still on my second playthrough. MWMW kind of took over :)

I'll get back to it this weekend. I'm anxious to see how the ending changes this time.

No, I didn't play The Taxidermist yet. I will after I finish the second playthrough.

Have you finished?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (580 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  56
Total posts:  2308
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2010
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions