Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS Games for Adult PART 3

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 1, 2012 7:21:41 AM PST
saskamazon says:
I'll probably check out the demo for Crush ... but other than that, a pretty blah e shop week. sure hope at some point they offer additional tables for the Zen Pinball ....

thanks for the update.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2012 8:17:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2012 8:17:52 AM PST
I'll definitely be downloading Metroid and also the Crush demo on the 3DS. I'll probably try the Aya demo on the Wii too. Thanks, D. Carlson!

SFCG, I believe Shifting World is being made by the same team as the dl game Shift for iDevices/Kindle/Android, but I'm pretty sure the game is more developed and the controls will be completely different since it's being made for a dedicated handheld. Fractured Soul is primarily a platformer, but there is some shooting, kind of like classic Metroid or Castlevania. Actually, it looks very similar to Chronos Twins to me, which is one of my favorite DSiWare games. :)

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 2:18:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2012 2:37:11 PM PST
Puzzler says:
Got my GameStop Leap Day order in the mail today. Just call me retro...I got Frogger 3D, Centipede: Infestation and Gem Smashers all for the 3DS.

I've put them each in for a few minutes and think I'm going to enjoy Frogger and Gem Smashers. I'm not sure yet about Centipede...I'll have to give that a bit more of a try.

I also picked up 1001 Touch Games at the GS store the other day. It's got some appealing games. It has a few hidden object scenes that are pretty darn tough. Reminds me of Cate West--even when I use a hint to help me find something I have a hard time. But I'm still enjoying it. It's not primarily HOG, though, that's just a small part. I haven't delved into everything available yet, but for the price, I think I'm going to get enough fun out of it to make it worthwhile. One thing, though, I initially put this in my 3DS, since that's what I had out, but I had to change to the XL almost immediately. I just couldn't handle the tiny screen on the 3DS with this game.

I had a GS gift card from Christmas and used that for my online Leap Day order of 3 3DS games + the store purchase of 1001 Touch Games. Yay! All four games came in just a bit shy of the gift card total I had from Christmas. It's good for my nieces (who gave me the gift card), too, since they get to play whatever games I buy. A win-win. :)

I also got Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection for the 3DS in the mail from Amazon the other day. The Amazon customer reviews are kind of mixed, but what I've seen of it so far seems like fun.

And Bejeweled 3 arrived from goozex. I played that quite a bit last evening. I like the different spins on the game--different little goals to work toward. Seems like fun.

Doesn't sound like I've cut back on my game acquisitions at all, does it? LOL, really, I'm trying to be good! I've traded/sold a bunch of games, and I'm not putting "new money" into my game buying...I'm using my trade credit (and my Christmas present) for all of my game purchases these days. That makes me feel a *little* better about my extravagances. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 2:31:50 PM PST
Puzzler~

Please review 1001 Touch Games afer you've played more of it. I had it on my wish list a while back and forgot about it.

Anyone else download and tried Crush? I played a little last night and it was fun so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 2:42:07 PM PST
Puzzler says:
SFCG, I'll be happy to report more info when I have it, but it may be a while since I've got a bunch of new games around. I had considered 1001 Touch Games for awhile, but held off, hoping for a bargain. When I was in GS on Leap Day I couldn't find anything I wanted in the buy 2, get 1 free deal, but I noticed that Touch Games (new) had been marked down to $10.

That hit my price point. :-)

If your GS has one used (mine didn't), you'd get it for less than $9 with your PowerUp card. You know I love a bargain!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 3:23:19 PM PST
Puzzler~

Thanks for the heads-up on the lower price for 1001 Touch Games. I called my nearby GS and they are holding a copy for me. Hey, at $10 vs $19.73 on Amazon, it's a GO! Thanks! :-)))

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 3:40:07 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Yes, please, Puzzler, do move 1001 Touch Games towards the top of your list as I too look forward to your review. I was considering that one as I think I am running out of new-to-me hidden object games.

I got Jewel Quest Mysteries last night and am enjoying it. I was concerned about it being in Timed Mode after all the complaints about that in the Amazon reviews. If it got down to just one object left, I clicked on the hint and moved along and never ran out of time. I had never played the Match 3 puzzle/game and found that to be a lot of fun. I could do that for hours. And I may just do that as today was my last day at a nearly-year-long temp assignment with nothing else lined up. Very glad to have a fun distraction away from updating resumes, lol.

I tried Professor Layton and found the puzzles too hard. I really liked Yard Sale Hidden Treasures:Sunnyvale but I doubt I would play it again. I am well into MillionHeir and am glad I heeded everyone's advice to try it again. I got Broken Sword: The Shadows of the Templars and still have yet to try Hidden Objects: Mystery Stories, even tho it was one of the first games I bought.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 4:26:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2012 5:59:08 PM PST
just4laffs~

If you like the match-3 games, check out all three of the 7 Wonders games. They are each a little different from one another and addictive. I am currently playing the newest one and am really enjoying the new twist to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 4:26:52 PM PST
Puzzler says:
just4laffs, not all of the Layton puzzles are super tough and there are great walkthroughs available that can help if you get stumped. This is the one for PL1--the Curious Village:
http://professorlaytonwalkthrough.blogspot.com/

I think it was in the 3rd Layton game (Unwound Future) that they added the "super hint" that really helped with hard puzzles. I found that a lot of times in PL1 the hints didn't help me all that much.

I enjoyed Yard Sale, too, but didn't consider it a keeper. We agree on that.

If you find you like the match 3 part of Jewel Quest Mysteries, you might try Quest Trio. It has 3 games on it. One is all about the "jewel boards". One is kind of a solitaire/puzzle/jewel board game. And one is a mahjong game. You can usually find it pretty inexpensively.

It sounds like I do nothing but cheat, cheat, cheat on my games....but I think I also found an online walkthru for Broken Sword and used it a time or two. I'm not proud. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 4:36:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2012 4:45:03 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Puzzler and SFCG~
Thank you for the match-3 game suggestions! I just pried myself out of Amazon (must...not...buy) and added Bejeweled 3 and Jewels of the Ages to my list. I will add your suggestions to that ever-growing list too.

I got stuck on the very first few Layton puzzles in Curious Village, and couldn't figure them out even with paper and pencil. I get discouraged when a game makes me feel stupid. Perhaps these will be the ones I need to circle back to someday.

Meh, if "cheating" helps us have fun with the games, well so be it. I will poke around for the walkthrough for Broken Sword just in case I need it. I also got Murder in Venice and will give that another go.....maybe now that I have been playing these games for a bit, I can make the progressions within the story more easily. It was such a pretty game so I'm glad I picked it up on the cheap.

**found the walk-through for Broken Sword: now I'm set :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 4:48:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2012 4:50:47 PM PST
just4laffs~

Don't feel bad about the Professor Layton games. I got all of them, but couldn't get warmed up to all those puzzles. I sold all of them last month here on Amazon. Good riddance!!! lolol I am staying away from games like them from now on.

Cradle of Rome, Cradle of Athena, etc. were kinda difficult match-3 games. The farther up in levels you get, the harder they got to beat before the time ran out. Not so with the 7 Wonders games. They are much more enjoyable while still being a challenge. I really am enjoying the newest one a lot.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 5:03:09 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
SFCG~
Thank you for letting me get over Professor Layton. I remembered you weren't a huge fan of them, but the GS fellow was raving about them, and he had just marked them down $5, so one came home with me. It also went back to GS :)

Good to know for me to steer clear of the Cradle games. Treasure of 7 and 7 Wonders of the Ancient World are now on the list too.

Has anyone played Night at the Museum? I really liked the movies but haven't read much about the DS game....

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 5:26:29 PM PST
The first time I played Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (My first Layton game) I vowed NEVER to play another Layton game. Then I found walkthroughs and now I love the Layton games. I use walkthroughs sparingly, but if they help me and make the game enjoyable, I'm all for them!
Just4laffs-I played Night at the Museum, and it was pretty dark, but it is easier on a DSI XL

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 5:37:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2012 5:40:00 PM PST
Debra K Gray~

EVEN with the walkthroughs, especially the last one, I couldn't figure out which direction to go!!!!

Kinda off-subject: PJ just let me know that SkyWords is finally available for the Fire!!! $2.00... I LOVE that game as much as Scrabble and WWF. If anyone gets it, let me know so we can play! :-)))

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 5:51:57 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
OK, then...I just reserved Night at the Museum and it's only $6.99...that can be in place of food...far more replay value than say a carton of berries, lol :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 6:04:43 PM PST
Yeah, I also found Escape the Museum to be pretty dark. Just fyi, just4laffs, the game is in no way related to those Night at the Museum movies as far as I know.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 6:07:20 PM PST
Oops, nevermind, I guess there is a Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian game for the DS too. I haven't tried that one myself, and I frankly can't tell what the gameplay would be like. But then I haven't seen the movie(s) either.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 6:08:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2012 6:10:11 PM PST
There IS a game called Night at the Museum DS, but it's an adventure/kinda rpg game with the Ben Stiller character in it. :-)

Added: I've played it. Kinda lame game. :-/

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 6:11:28 PM PST
just4laffs~

Which one are you getting??? Night at the Museum or Escape the Museum?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 6:12:01 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Escape the Museum is a different game, extremely lame and it went back same day. The screen shots seem to show the real movie characters and the Amazon blurb says it has Ben Stiller's voice. Both Museum movies were very entertaining so I hope the game might be too. But all the GS people I talked with say none of the games based on movies are any good. Glad I can try them out and back they go if I don't like them.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012 6:14:03 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
I'm getting Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian......sorry, I forgot the second movie has a long name.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 8:27:13 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2012 8:30:32 PM PST
I'm currently playing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2. It's totally feeding the RPG crave that i've been having as of late. After I beat it, get back to living or learn japanese so I can play japanese RPGs that never made it to the states.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 8:30:14 PM PST
I thought the first Professor Layton game was the hardest. I think the puzzles have gotten easier with each new title. I don't know about the newest one. I bought it several months ago, but haven't even opened it yet. I've been reading and totally neglecting my ds.

just4laffs, let me know how you like Night at the Museum. I've thought about buying one of them, but have held off because I didn't know if they would be any good.

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 7:02:09 AM PST
Oh, sorry. I meant Escape the Museum. I also played Night at the Museum, but never got very far in it and traded that one off. I probably could have used a walkthrough for that one to see what I should have done to advance in that game.

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 7:27:00 AM PST
saskamazon says:
has anyone tried out the Vita yet ? since this is a handheld gamer group, thought some folks might try it ... although, it is pricey, it has a gorgeous screen & graphics are top notch. for me, it's too big & bulky to carry around like I do the 3DS, but for a primarily at home handheld, pretty nice ...
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (581 discussions)

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 31 customers

Search Customer Discussions