Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS Games for Adult PART 3

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3751-3775 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 12:48:22 PM PST
PJ Pooka says:
Debra~ I found a walkthrough for you on youtube.It is by fliptriq and is for the handheld system.LegoLOTR.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 1:59:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2012 2:00:58 PM PST
KellyB says:
just4laffs ~ I'll check out Corrie Swensons website. Thanks!

Cemetery Dance is the last one I've read. Is Fever Dream the next Pendergast book? Or am I missing some?

Have you read any of their stand alone books? I've read a couple and they're pretty good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 2:42:45 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
KellyB~

Cemetary Dance was the last one before the Helen Trilogy starts so you are caught up. If you can find them on audio book, the ones read by not Rene Auberjonois (yes, poor English), that reader captures Pendergast's accent and way of speech just as I imagine him to speak, like slow butterscotch sauce. Rene does a good job too, but the accent is not really Pendergast.

Here is their website:
http://www.prestonchild.com/

I have read "The Codex", "The Third Gate", "Tyrannosaur Canyon", "Blasphemy", "Impact" and one other title that eludes me....all were really good. I had a checklist going of all their books but lost track of it. Thank you for reminding me: I will make a new checklist :)

For now I found much easier stuff to distract me while I wait for "Two Graves" to come out and they are audio downloads from the library so I don't have to deal with CDs. They are the Hannah Swenson culinary mysteries by Joanne Fluke. They read kind of like the Diane Mott Davidson mysteries, but the characters so far are interesting w/o having anything bad happen to them in their past. Highly recommend both of those series.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 5:29:03 PM PST
flowerchild says:
I'm sorry, Puzzler. Just saw your post and sent you an email. I apologize!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 5:31:36 AM PST
Puzzler says:
no problem, flowerchild. Your package is in the mail today. Good for us! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 5:37:57 AM PST
Puzzler says:
just4laffs, I had the first few books of the Hannah Swenson series in my ebook queue at the library. Then I finally got the first one and I found it a real slow go. Just not much progress in the plot for what seemed like a very long time. I did like the main characters, and the somewhat gentle approach to a murder mystery. It just seemed like it took forever to get where it was going. I ended up deleting the others from my queue, but thought I might try them again somewhere down the line. Is that totally different from your assessment? Or do things pick up (and perk up) as the series goes on?

I did enjoy the Goldy series from Davidson, but I'm probably a few behind on those. I should check to see if I can get the ebooks from the library.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 5:58:52 AM PST
Puzzler says:
If any of y'all are fans of NCIS, you might consider checking out NCIS: Based on the TV Series. I had a yen for game like the CSI games and there hadn't been one in awhile, so even though the Amazon customer reviews of the Wii version of the NCIS game were kind of poor, I decided to give the 3DS version a shot when BestBuy had a buy 2 get 1 free sale a few weeks ago.

I actually kind of enjoyed it, but I enjoy NCIS, so that may color my view. The graphical depictions of the agents are very good likenesses of the actors on the show and the dialogue (all written...no audio dialog at all) seemed true to the tone of the show. It's not a particularly long game; I think I played it over the course of a week. It's one overarching story, divided (I think...I may not recall perfectly) into 4 chapters. Each chapter has some scenes requiring detection/evidence collection, interviews and some mini-games puzzles. Your agent ranking starts out as rookie/probie and you progress depending on your scores from the interviews/collections/mini-games.

You could save the game at any point, and I really like that feature. In this game, I discovered that there's no way to access the mini-games once you've completed them (even after finishing the entire story...unless you want to start over). So I would save the game before I started any evidence collection or interview or mini-game. And if I didn't do well, I could just exit out and restart from my save point before the mini-game. There was one mini-game that I thought was kind of an interesting puzzle type. It started off very easy, but got a lot tougher as the game progressed. The puzzle told you what the minimum number of moves to accomplish the goal was. If you took more than that, you still passed, but I wanted to be able to figure the puzzles out using the minimum moves. So that's where saving the game before starting the mini-game was valuable to me. Ideally, you'd be able to access all the puzzles & mini-games after completing the main story, but I didn't see a way to do that.

Anyway, I hadn't seen anybody mention this game here. I know it's not a major release like the various Mario, Layton, Scribblenauts and Mickey games all coming out recently, but I'm still glad I gave it a try. If you can find it at a nice price and you enjoy this type of game, it's worth considering.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 7:25:06 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Puzzler~
I too found the first Hannah Swenson book really slow going. I kept comparing it to the Goldy books, but once I finished the first one and stopped comparing, I found them to be lightly entertaining. The characters aren't as fully developed as Goldy's, but then I've just started the fourth book. And I like the characters plus the fact that the series is based in MN. I know where Hannah's sister goes to college, I know where some fancy chef's lawyer has his law office (I lived there) so those references are always fun. I have listened to all the Goldy mysteries and cannot wait for the next one. I shan't spoil the story line for you, but you need to catch up on the Goldy books, then when they aren't available from your library's ebook section, go back to the Hannah books.

The only thing I don't like in the Goldy books is in every book she has to recount how abusive her ex was and that gets cringy. But I can get involved with her characters, how her son is growing up, quirky Marla, and the boy who lived with them and grew up to be a chef (his name escapes me), all really interesting characters. I think these mysteries are now called "cozies"; one can cozy up with them and just enjoy the story. I started the latest Patricia Cornwell/ Kay Scarpetta mystery and it is as uncozy as you can get, but still riveting.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 8:58:38 PM PST
I've read all the cooking mysteries....I enjoyed all of it!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 6:00:11 AM PST
Puzzler says:
Cynthia & just4laffs, thanks for the feedback on the Hannah Swenson & Goldy books. Sounds like I have some catching up to do!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:11:35 AM PST
flowerchild says:
Puzzler~ Yes, good for us. Thank you. I just zipped you off your tracking number. I always appreciate a good and fair trade. 😊

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 12:02:22 PM PST
Somehow I could never aborb Patricia Cornwells' books into my pea brain. They were alway so hard for me to comprehend..that I finally gave up trying to read her books.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 1:49:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 1:50:53 PM PST
flowerchild says:
Cynthia L. Padley~ In case you may be interested, the iPad (or actually the app store) has a game you probably will like. It's called Order Up!! Food Truck Wars.

BTW, I haven't read nor finished a book in eons. Just so difficult to concentrate. I really miss it though.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 3:05:38 PM PST
Hi Flowerchild: I played the Order Up on my 3ds..back when it came out. I downloaded it to my ipad too...but played it so much on the 3ds...that it's like Yikes! It's just that you have to listened to the person narrating...it drives me crazy!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:55:39 AM PST
Puzzler says:
flowerchild, thanks for the shipping info. I hope you are feeling good this morning. :)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:58:56 AM PST
Puzzler says:
A little enabling...

nothingbutsoftware.com has Kirby Mass Attack (DS) for $10 with free shipping. I think it's a cyber-week deal.

Darn it, I paid more than that and the game is still in my backlog making me feel guilty!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:55:33 AM PST
Puzzler-Don't feel bad. I bought The Lego DC Superheros game before it went on sale and it is also sitting in my backlog, along with the new Leyton game, while I am still enjoying Lego LOTR.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:19:24 AM PST
flowerchild says:
I see that because of the unbelievable number of gold coins that have been collected worldwide so far in New Super Mario Bros. 2, that the eshop is offering a free download for this game. It's effective today and the offer expires on January 31, 2013. Then it will be at its regular cost of $2.50.

Only thing is....,I am stuck. I have this game in cart version and cannot figure out how to find and download the free update, if you will. Can somebody help me? Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:23:32 AM PST
saskamazon says:
good morning :-) you have NSMB2 in the 3ds ... you are on the main page of it, scroll down to coin rush mode, it opens - bottom says store, go there grab your free levels ... 2 blocks of memory & you're set. snagged mine last night .... haven't tried them yet - later today I will. enjoy !

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:38:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 9:39:14 AM PST
flowerchild says:
saskamazon~ I appreciate your help but you must remember who you're dealing with here....I'll leave it at that....lol. I have the game in my 3DS. What now? :-(

Btw, good AM to you too!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:55:32 AM PST
saskamazon says:
then you load the game, it will open to the main menu - bottom will say coin rush mode - click that, then at the bottom of that menu, there will be the store tab, click on that, then look for the pack that has no price attached, then click download ... it's pretty easy - I know you're accomplished with the eshop, this is every bit as easy - just an ingame store is all .... :-)

been out getting the Christmas shopping going, almost finished for the kiddo - then starts the rest of the family .... want it all done not later than Dec. 10th ... here's to hoping !

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 12:20:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 12:24:12 PM PST
flowerchild says:
Saskamazon~ I'm embarrassed (sp?). When my game opens up, it opens to a choice of solo play or co-op play with an options button below. If I hit options, it gives me a choice of how I want my controls to be and it says spotpass below that. I'm using a game cart. No worries. It's not necessary for me to d/l, it's just aggravating that I feel so dumb. Thanks, though.

WTG with the Christmas shopping....I shop completely online and haven't even started yet....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:40:46 PM PST
flowerchild says:
Puzzler~ Thank you, thank you, thank you. My goodies arrived today, safe and sound. Again, much appreciated. Please drop me a line when you receive my package.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:16:20 PM PST
Puzzler says:
flowerchild, you are welcome. And I certainly will. :)

I hadn't taken NSMB2 out of its wrapper, but thought I'd check it out since y'all were discussing this coin rush & download thing. I suspected that maybe something needed to be unlocked thru gameplay or SpotPass to see the screen that saskamazon is telling you about. My game opens the same way yours does, flower.

The printed manual was no help, but I went to the website for the game and found this info that I hope will help:

Copied from the game's website:

Packs are available for purchase from within the in-game shop. (Of course, the one saska is talking about now is free, but this is just what is on the website.)

1 To access the New Super Mario Bros. 2 Shop, it must first be activated by a SpotPass notification. This will cause a Shop button to appear on the title screen. Notifications may not arrive immediately if it's been awhile since you last played.

After launching the game, check the in-game Options to make sure your SpotPass setting is switched to "ON."

2 Check to make sure your Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet, then select Coin Rush on the Title Screen. Touch the "Shop" button at the bottom of the screen to browse and purchase Course Packs.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:06:10 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Flowerchild~

It pleases me to see you posting more often! I hope you are feeling better and regaining your strength more each day. Enjoy all your new games :)

I am soooooo tickled that I received yet another comminication from Joindots in Germany. The support person actually sent me a photo of my package with "Around the World in 80 Days" as it was being put into the mailbox. How cute! I checked out their website and was surprised to see that they are the ones that issued a number of games that I have played and enjoyed. Like Fishdom (besides the point that I could not get past level 68 or whatever level that was, it was fun), 4 Elements, Jewel Match and Jewel Match 2, and Emily Archer-The Curse of King Tut's Tomb.

I just put Gardenscapes on my Amazon wishlist and will keep checking GS to see if they ever get one in. The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde at a Gamestop about 35 miles away and if there is no snow this week-end, I will try to make the drive to get it. That is such a coincidence that two of the three games on my current wish list are Joindots (the third is Batman: The Brave and the Bold).

If I'm feeling particularly adventurous, I will go to an out-of-the-way GS after work tomorrow to pick up Casual Mania and Batman. Sadly, now all the Gamestops in my area have started tossing the cases and manuals to their used DS games so I shan't be renewing my Powerup Rewards membership. It was fun while it lasted. Glad I discovered Nintendo before this criminal tossing was in place.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (584 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 31 customers

Search Customer Discussions